Tracking Window

Brendan McNeill <brendan@...>

Hi Team

I have been using Logger32 for about a year or so now, and I’m just starting to explore new features.  I’d like to get satellite tracking working, however the “#9 Tracking Window” is greyed out and after checking the manual I still cannot find a way to enable it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Brendan

ZL3BAM

Gary Hinson <Gary@...>

Kia ora Brendan.

The little globe icon is greyed-out when the “Tracking window” is already open.

If you can’t see it, it may have slid off the screen, so use the View à Find lost windows thing to drag it kicking and screaming back to the top left of your main screen.  Then drag it wherever you like.

Satellite tracking is available on one of the “Tracking window”’s tabs.  You will probably need to download recent Keplerian elements from the Internet.  Instructions are in the manual, I hope – please let me know if you get stuck.

I have been using Logger32 for about a year or so now, and I’m just starting to explore new features.  I’d like to get satellite tracking working, however the “#9 Tracking Window” is greyed out and after checking the manual I still cannot find a way to enable it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Brendan

ZL3BAM

Brendan McNeill <brendan@...>

Hi Gary

Thanks for your reply.  Maybe I’m missing something, but I have included a screen shot.  I can see what I think is the tracking window (shows satellite data) but I still have the icon greyed out on the menu bar.  Is that how it should be?

Kind regards

[...]

John Munton - G7SSE

Brendan

Looks like you have the correct window open.

You can change the colour of the window title tabs by right clicking on one of them to bring up the menu;

73,
John - G7SSE

Brendan McNeill <brendan@...>

Thanks John

Appreciated.

73’s
Brendan

On 28/12/2021, at 14:28, John Munton - G7SSE <johng7sse@...> wrote:

Brendan

Looks like you have the correct window open.

You can change the colour of the window title tabs by right clicking on one of them to bring up the menu;

73,
John - G7SSE

Gary Hinson <Gary@...>

HI Brendan.

Yes the window with the caption “Satellite tracking (Updated: 27-12-2021 at 04:11)” was indeed the “tracking window” you sought.

I notice that the active tab in that window has (virtually) the same colour as the inactive tabs.  Instructions for making the active tab stand out more are in the User Manual (hopefully).

The red circle on the map shows the ground footprint of a satellite whizzing over the mid-Atlantic at that date and time.  I can’t read the text that tells me what satellite it was, but I guess maybe it was a low Earth orbit satellite, or possibly a geostationary sat with an antenna array facing that part of the world.  Anyway, it was a long, long way from us in NZ.

I’ll repeat: the globe icon is intentionally greyed-out when the tracking window is active – the same as the icons for the other Logger32 windows showing on your monitor.    If you click any of the icons/buttons that are full color and not greyed-out, the respective windows will appear as if by magic, and the colour will drain out of whichever icons you clicked.  If you close any of the open windows, their icons will regain their normal colours.

[...]

Thank you for the explanation, it all makes sense now!

Kind regards

Brendan

brendan@...
+64 21 881 883