MMVARI Config File

G4GIR

Morning Bob

Is there a config file for MMVARI, I see one for MMTTY.

Ian G4GIR

Jan <hamlogger@...>

Ian

It is in the Logger32 directory called yourcallsoundcardmacro's

Jan
PA4JJ

Op 19-10-2021 om 11:40 schreef G4GIR via groups.io:
Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR

-- 

Bob

Look in the Logger32.INI file for a section [MMVARI]. Also, there are some MMVARI settings in the section [Sound Card Data Settings]. 73.

On 10/19/2021 5:40 AM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:

Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR

G4GIR

Thanks' Bob / Jan

Jan it was the configuration file I was after I found the Macro one ok, so now finding the MMVARI section in my HFDX.INI file I can see all the settings, I was hoping to find some line for PTT/TX or something of that nature. Also some settings for the radio.

I have Radio 1  configured for the TS990 and that is working ok, Radio 2 is configured for 1C-7100, but that refuses to PTT, frequency readout is ok though.

This has come about after trying to sort the RX delay at the end of MMVARI transmit. I wanted to see if there was a rig problem so decided to configure for the IC-7100, but cannot get the thing to TX i.e PTT to operate, tried the Radio command and also fitted a CIV cable to the remote socket to try and use Com Port, but that won't work either.

Any clues anyone?

Ian G4GIR

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 19/10/2021 13:39:46
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] MMVARI Config File

Look in the Logger32.INI file for a section [MMVARI]. Also, there are some MMVARI settings in the section [Sound Card Data Settings]. 73.
Morning Bob
Ian G4GIR

Bob

You could take a peek at the radio debug window. SeventyThree(s).

On 10/19/2021 10:00 AM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:

Thanks' Bob / Jan

Jan it was the configuration file I was after I found the Macro one ok, so now finding the MMVARI section in my HFDX.INI file I can see all the settings, I was hoping to find some line for PTT/TX or something of that nature. Also some settings for the radio.

I have Radio 1  configured for the TS990 and that is working ok, Radio 2 is configured for 1C-7100, but that refuses to PTT, frequency readout is ok though.

This has come about after trying to sort the RX delay at the end of MMVARI transmit. I wanted to see if there was a rig problem so decided to configure for the IC-7100, but cannot get the thing to TX i.e PTT to operate, tried the Radio command and also fitted a CIV cable to the remote socket to try and use Com Port, but that won't work either.

Any clues anyone?

Ian G4GIR

Reply-To: < hamlogger@groups.io>

Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR

Dave Colliau

Make sure you use the remote comport for the cat control and the usb comport for MMTTY and MMVARI keying when using the remote connection.
I cant remember if its rts or dtr.  You will need to figure that out.
Make sure the rig doesnt have link to remote set for the USB .
Also when using the USB with 2 ports always remember the lower number port is cat and the higher number will key using MMVARI and MMTTY .

I tried MMTTY and MMVARI today and there is no delay but I never really had a delay which has me wondering. I ran the last RTTY contest and it was fine ?

Dave N8DC

Thanks' Bob / Jan

Any clues anyone?

Ian G4GIR

Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR

G4GIR

Bob the Radio Debug window stops polling when I TX .

Not sure what should happen but don't see what you show.

Ian

Sent: 19/10/2021 15:21:10

Thanks' Bob / Jan
Any clues anyone?
Ian G4GIR

Morning Bob
Ian G4GIR

Bob

... and, as a cerebral exercise, I temporarily added code to measure the elapsed time starting when Logger32 receives a PTT state change event from MMVARI, until Logger32 completes sending the PTT off message to the radio. Averaging 10 cycles it takes Logger32 7.66ms to complete the task. The test used an Icom formatted PTT off command which is much longer than most radios use, and the baud rate was set to 9600.  SeventyThree(s).

Thanks' Bob / Jan

Any clues anyone?

Ian G4GIR

Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR

g4girhb0 <ian.frith@...>

Thanks' Dave

Make sure you use the remote comport for the cat control and the usb comport for MMTTY and MMVARI keying when using the remote connection.

I didn't have this config, now setting Radio 2 in L32 Radio set up to use the IC-7100 Remote connector com port, which is a RigBlaster Duo comport, L32 isn't getting the frequency from the Rig.

So in MMVARI window I set the  Comport to Com 3 (IC7100 USB COMPORT) and try all the DTR/RTS combinations? None of them key the Rig.

Is this an option in the IC7100 menu? If so don't see it listed?

Also when using the USB with 2 ports always remember the lower number port is cat and the higher number will key using MMVARI and MMTTY .

My Remote Com Port number is COM 6 my USB Com Port No is COM 3.
So I need to change their designations?

Hope this makes sense?

Ian G4GIR

Sent: 19/10/2021 15:27:18

I tried MMTTY and MMVARI today and there is no delay but I never really had a delay which has me wondering. I ran the last RTTY contest and it was fine ?
Dave N8DC
Thanks' Bob / Jan
Any clues anyone?
Ian G4GIR

Morning Bob
Ian G4GIR

Bob

If you have PTT configured 'By radio command' then polling will continue while transmitting. If you are configured for any other PTT, then polling ceases during transmission (or something like that). SeventyThree(s).

On 10/19/2021 10:40 AM G4GIR via groups.io <i.frith@...> wrote:

Bob the Radio Debug window stops polling when I TX .

Not sure what should happen but don't see what you show.

Ian

Sent: 19/10/2021 15:21:10

Thanks' Bob / Jan

Any clues anyone?

Ian G4GIR

Morning Bob

Ian G4GIR