Freq problem

Larry Fravel

I am having a problem with logger32 in that when I select a spot from the band map or the spot window the information will display properly in the log entry widow (call, mode, freq, operator, etc).  However, after a second the frequency disappears,  but all the other information remains.  The radio (an IC-7600) follows the spots when they are selected. This happens on any band in any mode.  I can click on the spot again and the frequency information will populate and then disappear in another second.  It started happening with the last update (.278)  but if I re-clicked the spot,  the frequency would stay populated.  With update .279 the frequency will not stay displayed longer than a second.  The configuration for the radio has not changed.  Varying the poling rate (set at 100) or the baud rate (set at 9600 does not help in any way.

This is the first problem I have had in a long long time.  Appreciate any help.

Larry K8YYY

Shinnston, WV EM99uk

Larry, for the moment ignore clicking on a DX Spot. I suspect that your CAT is not working. Look at the radio debug window ... Do you see Logger32 polling the radio? Do you see the radio replying to the polls? Change the radio VFO frequency or band, does Logger32 follow it? 73.

--

Larry Fravel

Bob -

You are the magic man!. Just your e-mail response to my question fixed the problem.  After reading your reply I went and started up the rig this morning.  Logger32 is responding as it should in any band and or mode, and  changes no matter how they are implemented. The debug window shows everything poling normally.  You are more than likely correct that the CAT lost communications.  I use the West Mountain USB device to connect between the radio and the computer.  Could have been something as simple as some stray RF got into the cable or device.  I was trying to work 160 on a dipole that runs right over the length of the house (only way it can be ran due to terrain). Even at 55 feet and with a balun at the feed point it will sometimes get into the sound system speakers and or turn my wife's flat screen TV in her "she room" on or off.  I have ferrite cores on all of the cables - power and others (sound bar and network) to the TV but it still happens.  Also have them on the CAT cable between the radio and the computer.  I will keep an eye on this and see when it happens. So far this AM a test with 160 meters did not cause the problem.  I am assuming that when I shut down last night the CAT reset itself.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I appreciate all you do with logger32 and the support.

73

Larry K8YYY

Shinnston, WV EM99uk

--
It is better to keep quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Larry Fravel

I thought this had gone out yesterday but just found it in my drafts folder.

Bob -

You are the magic man!. Just your e-mail response to my question fixed the problem.  After reading your reply I went and started up the rig this morning.  Logger32 is responding as it should in any band and or mode, and  changes no matter how they are implemented. The debug window shows everything poling normally.  You are more than likely correct that the CAT lost communications.  I use the West Mountain USB device to connect between the radio and the computer.  Could have been something as simple as some stray RF got into the cable or device.  I was trying to work 160 on a dipole that runs right over the length of the house (only way it can be ran due to terrain). Even at 55 feet and with a balun at the feed point it will sometimes get into the sound system speakers and or turn my wife's flat screen TV in her "she room" on or off.  I have ferite cores on all of the cables power and other cables (sound bar and network) to the TV but it still happens.  Also have them on the CAT cable between the radio and the computer.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I am assuming that when I shut down last night the CAT reset itself.  I appreciate all you do with logger32 and the support.

73

Larry K8YYY

Shinnston, WV EM99uk