Problem with a log with a large number of QSOs ?

Alain F5LMJ

Hi to the group,

Using Logger32 v4.0.278, my log contains almost 200,000 QSOs and I have a problem when I manually update the log to add some infos to a QSO.
After entering the 1st field to update, I can go to the next field to enter another info, but even if I can start entering text on the keyboard, the first 2 or 3 characters are not taken into account ( as if the update of the 1st field was not finished and did not take into account the next entry until ending ).
The computer has enough memory (16 Gb) and the log is on an SSD disk so I don't think it comes from my computer setup
For those who have a log with a large number of QSO, do you also have this issue ?

73's Alain F5LMJ

Aleksander Žagar

Alain F5LMJ via groups.io je 18.10.2021 ob 10:58 napisal:
Hi to the group,

Using Logger32 v4.0.278, my log contains almost 200,000 QSOs and I have a problem when I manually update the log to add some infos to a QSO.
After entering the 1st field to update, I can go to the next field to enter another info, but even if I can start entering text on the keyboard, the first 2 or 3 characters are not taken into account ( as if the update of the 1st field was not finished and did not take into account the next entry until ending ).
The computer has enough memory (16 Gb) and the log is on an SSD disk so I don't think it comes from my computer setup
For those who have a log with a large number of QSO, do you also have this issue ?

73's Alain F5LMJ

Yes Alain, the same here. It takes sometimes nearly 40 sec or so to jump from QSL send Y  to QSL received Y.

I have 195625 QSOs large logbook. It is a little better on another brend-new comp but still slow.

73, Aleksander, S57S

Avast logo

Ta e-pošta je bila pregledana z Avast protivirusnim programom.

Try the 'Quick QSL' window. That way you can change any/all QSL Sent/Rcvd flags in a single edit. Or, if you right click on the QSO in the Logbook pagr window, then click the Edit QSL info menu, there is another window that allows you to edit many fields in a single edit. SeventyThree(s).

Bob je 18.10.2021 ob 15:12 napisal:
[...]

I tried. Right click on one QSO, than EDIT QSO. Change QSL receivd Y. QSL send Y. Wow, lightspeed fast. Than I tried to put back, into QSL received N. Program crashed!

73, Aleksander, S57S

Bob

I guess nobody ever uses that window. I have fixed the typographical error for the next auto-update. 73.

On 10/18/2021 11:08 AM Aleksander Žagar <s57s@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello,

Think Alain means not the problem of changing the QSL Status, which is runnig fast in every way,
but when editing something other, like QTH, Locator, DOK etc. it is getting slow on large QSO number.

I have about 300.000 QSOs in my log, about 70.000 on 40 m, and when I try to edit
some logbook fields on a 40 m QSO there is also delay of about 15-20 seconds, before the next enterance is accepted.
Other bands are running much faster, below 20.000 QSOs on a band it is instantly here.

73, Bernd, DK7ZT

Am 2021-10-18 17:17, schrieb Bob:

[...]

Hi Bob,
Yes it work fine for editing QSL Status, but not for QSO fields (QTH, Grid, Primary or secondary, ...). Maybe a wish of an "Edit QSO" option with a single window (could be the same as "Add QSO") to  add or update some QSO fields ?
73's Alain F5LMJ

Joe N3XLS

i use it all the time Bob.

Joe N3XLS

Alex - YO9HP

I am very close to reach one million QSO-s in my log and I confirm Alain-F5LMJ observation related to the delay of QSO edit operations in L32 - V.4.
I moved back to V.3.50 and L32 response is reasonable.

73, Alex YO9HP