Frequency in the log for SPLIT operations

Fabio IZ8MBW

Hi all.
I have noticed during SPLIT operation that Logger32 is going to put in log the TX frequency and not the RX frequency.
More in detail follow this example:

DX Station is on 21.020, he is listening 2 UP.
So my Radio is on VFO-A at 21.020 (my RX frequency) and SPLIT (my TX frequency) is set to 2 UP and so VFO-B is on 21.022.

When I finish the QSO, the frequency on the Logbook Entry window is 21.020 (so my RX frequency), then I press enter to put the DX Station in log but Logger32 set in the log as frequency the value 21.022 and not 21.020.

I remember that some past versions put in the log the RX frequency, so 21.020.

Why now Logger32 put in the log using the other VFO (it should be the "Sub RX" frequency in the Radio Debug window) and not more the "main" frequency?
Is there a custom option about this setting?

Thanks.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

Larry Fravel

It would seem to me that the actual frequency YOU are transmitting on is the one that should be logged, not the one you receive on. Especially when some HAMS are restricted to certain segments in a band for their actual transmissions.

Larry K8YYY

--
I got expelled from school on Pajama Day. Not my fault - I sleep naked.

Bob

Log split frequency QSOs any way you like. See section 35.7.2 (Page 631) of the help file. SeventyThree(s).

On 10/08/2021 4:25 AM Fabio IZ8MBW via groups.io <iz8mbw@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Bob,
when back at home will check.
Appreciated.

73
Fabio, IZ8MBW

On Friday, October 8, 2021, 02:28:13 PM GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom Sevart

On 10/8/2021 07:28, Bob wrote:
Log split frequency QSOs any way you like. See section 35.7.2 (Page 631)
Yeah, I think logging the band is the most important thing.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

I’ve revised and hopefully clarified that section for the next release of the manual:

I hope I’ve got it right!

If you disagree, or think it it still as clear as mud, please speak up.  Comments are welcome, constructive criticisms with improvement suggestions doubly so but, hey, I’ll catch whatever you throw at me.  Except COVID.

[...]

Damian M0BKV

Some year's ago, once a week, I use to cross band with a friend, an ex-radio officer who only had the ship HF radio, on board the cruise ship he worked on. He broadcast his position on the marine frequency I reported to him signal strength etc on 20mts he was listening to. So, I'm listening on marine frequency but Tx-ing 20mts. Nobody is breaking any law. What frequency do you think was entered in my log?

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021, 02:53 Gary Hinson <Gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

Both your TX and RX frequencies, I expect Damian, but as the manual explains you can meddle with the settings if you want.