Logger32 Update

Clifford Beck

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to update logged 32 to Version 4.0.277 and I get this message.

Error 70(Permission denied) in procedure form frminstaller
Error on line 210
Logger32: 4.0.1

Hope this means something to someone.

Im running Windows 10.

Thank you for any comments.

Clifford.
EI5FQB.

Bob

The installer process was unable to create a new \updatefiles folder in the Logger32 directory because of security settings on yout PC. SeventyThree(s).

On 09/19/2021 6:45 AM Clifford Beck <ei5fqb@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I’ve been trying to update logged 32 to Version 4.0.277 and I get this message.

Error 70(Permission denied) in procedure form frminstaller
Error on line 210
Logger32: 4.0.1

Hope this means something to someone.

Im running Windows 10.

Thank you for any comments.

Clifford.
EI5FQB.

Julian GW4JBQ

Hi Cliff,  Don't forget that you must run logger32 as administrator to get the updates.

Clifford Beck

Thanks for the replies.

 I can’t find where to change to Administrator mode.  And I’ll look into Norton Security as that is the anti security on my laptop.

Thanks.

Clifford.
EI5FQB

On 19 Sep 2021, at 13:33, Julian GW4JBQ <julian@...> wrote:

Hi Cliff,  Don't forget that you must run logger32 as administrator to get the updates.

Panos

Hi, just right clic the logger32 icon and select Run as administrator 73

Clifford Beck

Hi Panos,

Ok thank you. It downloaded last night ok.

Clifford.
EI5FQB

On 21 Sep 2021, at 13:36, Panos <sv1grn@...> wrote:

Hi, just right clic the logger32 icon and select Run as administrator 73

David Leckie

Hi

Its easiest if it’s the actual logger32.exe file that you run as administrator.

If you just select a normal shortcut to logger32.exe and try to run that as administrator the actual logger.exe file will not be run as administrator.

There are various ways of using a shortcut that will allow you to run a file with administrator privileges

e.g.

“You can also use the "Ctrl + Shift + Click/Tap" shortcut on an app's taskbar shortcut to run it with administrator permissions in Windows 10. “

But I find it just as easy to select the actual logger32.exe and run that as administrator.

73

Dave

GM4NFI