No Transmit for RTTY using IC-7300 and MMVARI

Rick Spears W4HRA

Hello. Been struggling to resolve and hoping for some suggestions.
Using ICOM IC-7300 with L32. Set up CAT using USB port on PC into USB CAT port on ICOM.
Set for Serial Port 7 and using input and output USB sound card drivers from ICOM.
JTDX works fine!
I have JTDX off when using MMVARI.
MMVARI seems to be working fine. I see signals and can decode RTTY sigs on MMVARI waterfall.
When I click a macro I see it sending and can see waterfall showing sending my text.
However it does not key transmitter.
One weird thing is the freq display in MMVARI is not working or in sync with my radio.
However when I move my VFO manually on Rig I can see that the waterfall is also moving and correct.
I am set for LSB on radio. Tried LSB DATA but not working.
Tried everything I can think of.
I figure at this point must be some CAT radio setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73, Rick W4HRA

Gary Hinson

Hi Rick.

Have you been following the IC-7300 section of the User Manual?

The advice in there was proffered by various ICOM users.

If you spot errors or improvement opportunities, please let me know.  I’m not an ICOMmer and need the help.

73 & GL

Gary  ZL2iFB

[...]

Hi Gary. I did read through and made some changes based upon the manual but certainly may have missed something. Will be reading again just in case.
Thanks and 73. Rick

Dave Colliau

If your going to do rtty and other modes with the 7300 you need to buy a cat cable that plugs into the remote jack in the rear . This along with the USB cable give you 2 ports instead of one . You use the remote jack for cat and the usb for the sound card and RTTY ,psk,etc keying .  I have an extra USB unit to plug in to the remote jack if your interested. Its the better FTDI chip not a Prolific.
Dave N8DC

[...]

Paul Sturpe

Are you trying to operate FSK or AFSK?

Paul Sturpe, W3GQ

QSL Bureau Mgr. W4 K4 N4 Prefixes

8860 Peninsula Dr

Terrell, NC  28682

Rick Spears W4HRA

Hi Dave. Thanks for response. When I use JTDX it works fine. It hears and decodes the FT8, Keys my transmitter and logs the QSO in L32.  So to me MMVARI ought to do the same?
All with the existing USB CAT connection.
Rick

Rick Spears W4HRA

Hi Paul. Using MMVARI I select the mode RTTY-R and select Radio 1 to use AFSK for RTTY.

Rick

Rick Ellison

To use MMVARI in AFSK you need to have the radio set to USB-D or LSB-D otherwise the radio will trying to use the FSK output on the radio.

73 Rick N2AMG