LoTW sync via Club Log

Gary Hinson

Can anyone who uses Club Log and LoTW with Logger32 help us test Logger32’s Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log) function, please?

I’m getting failures suggesting something is broken, somewhere.

In order to test it:

  1. Get Club Log up to date with your recent LoTW confirmations using the <LoTW sync> button on Club Log’s left side menu.
  2. Wait a while for the sync to complete.  If you have selected “Every upload” under the Club Log settings page, you should get an email when it completes.  Otherwise, try waiting half an hour to an hour.

  1. In Logger32 open File → Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log).
  2. Select either <Last 3 Months only> or <Last 1 Month only>, then click <Start>.

On my system, I get a ‘Nothing to download’ red message every time:

If you don’t get the red error (or some other one), please check whether recent LoTW confirmations are duly recorded in your Logger32 log, as expected.

  1. Let us know how you got on!

73 & TNX

... Gary,  I tried, but my eMail doesn't have a 'crossed my fingers' emoji ...SeventyThree(s)AndBackUnderMyRock ...

On 09/14/2021 8:55 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary  ZL2iFB

ja1nlx

Gary

I tried your steps and get same error.

[...]

w5jmw

Gary,just went to clublog and started the download.Left side of page in clublog.You must enter your lotw name and lotw password.It then starts.Once I get an e-mail I will try to merge.However I did this less than a month from logger 32 program..73 john

On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:
Can anyone who uses Club Log and LoTW with Logger32 help us test
Logger32’s Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log) function, please?
I’m getting failures suggesting something is broken, somewhere.
In order to test it:
* Get Club Log up to date with your recent LoTW confirmations using
the <LoTW sync> button on Club Log [1]’s left side menu.
* Wait a while for the sync to complete. _If_ you have selected
“Every upload” under the Club Log settings page, you should get an
email when it completes. Otherwise, try waiting half an hour to an
hour.
* In Logger32 open File → Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log).
* Select either <Last 3 Months only> or <Last 1 Month only>, then
click <Start>.
On my system, I get a ‘Nothing to download’ red message every
time:
If you don’t get the red error (or some other one), please check
whether recent LoTW confirmations are duly recorded in your Logger32
log, as expected.
* Let us know how you got on!
73 & TNX
Gary ZL2iFB
Links:
------
[1] http://www.clublog.org/
[2] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85786
[3] https://groups.io/mt/85617284/796390
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390
[6] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/8057516/796390/1701416439/xyzzy

w5jmw

You must complete the first steps,username password and e-mail from Clublog..

Gary

On 09/14/2021 8:55 PM Gary Hinson <gary@isect.com> wrote:
Can anyone who uses Club Log and LoTW with Logger32 help us test
Logger32’s Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log) function, please?
I’m getting failures suggesting something is broken, somewhere.
In order to test it:
* Get Club Log up to date with your recent LoTW confirmations
using the <LoTW sync> button on Club Log [1]’s left side menu.
[2] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85788
[3] https://groups.io/mt/85617284/796390
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390
[6] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/8057516/796390/1701416439/xyzzy

w5jmw

Gary,I presume you flagged the qso for lotw upload ??

On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:
[...]

NICK K. PLUMIDAKIS

Me too.

Best 73’s

DE

Nick

SV1VS

From: "Bob" <k4cy@...>

Date: 2021/09/15 10:05:12

Subject Re: [hamlogger] LoTW sync via Club Log

[...]

Hi John.

All my QSOs are sent to Club Log and are flagged for LoTW as they are logged, and they get signed-and-UPloaded to LoTW once or twice a day.

LoTW tells me a dozen QSOs made in the past day have been confirmed already. The UPload and confirmation bits are working fine.

On Club Log, the LoTW sync function is working as well. Recently confirmed QSOs are shown as confirmed after I've run the sync function (using my LoTW username and password, as required).

So far so good!

The problem is with DOWNloading the LoTW confirmations, specifically synchronising LoTW via Club Log.

If I download my LoTW confirmations direct from LoTW, my log gets updated correctly.

73
Gary ZL2iFB

On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:
[...]

More diagnostics:

On a hunch, I tried running Logger32 as administrator for a change.  No different - the LoTW/Club Log sync function failed with the same error.

The error message mentions "LoTW records from ClubLog.txt", and I duly found that file in my Logger32 folder.  It is dated today, so Logger32 is able to write that file.  However, it is almost empty:

I presume “No results” is either a response from Club Log when Logger32 asks it for recent LoTW info (implying a problem at the Club Log end of the Logger32 sync), or is generated by Logger32 when it apparently finds no LoTW info from Club Log to process (implying a problem at one end or the other).

On 2021-09-14 21:34, w5jmw wrote:

> Gary,just went to clublog and started the download.Left side of page

> in clublog.You must enter your lotw name and lotw password.It then

> starts.Once I get an e-mail I will try to merge.However I did this

> less than a month from logger 32 program..73 john

> On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:

>> Can anyone who uses Club Log and LoTW with Logger32 help us test

>> Logger32’s Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log) function, please?

>> I’m getting failures suggesting something is broken, somewhere.

>> In order to test it:

>>        * Get Club Log up to date with your recent LoTW confirmations using

>> the <LoTW sync> button on Club Log [1]’s left side menu.

>>        * Wait a while for the sync to complete.  _If_ you have selected

>> “Every upload” under the Club Log settings page, you should get an

>> email when it completes.  Otherwise, try waiting half an hour to an

>> hour.

>>        * In Logger32 open File → Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log).

>>        * Select either <Last 3 Months only> or <Last 1 Month only>, then

>> click <Start>.

>> On my system, I get a ‘Nothing to download’ red message every

>> time:

>> If you don’t get the red error (or some other one), please check

>> whether recent LoTW confirmations are duly recorded in your Logger32

>> log, as expected.

>>        * Let us know how you got on!

>> 73 & TNX

>> Gary  ZL2iFB

>> Links:

>> ------

>> [1] http://www.clublog.org/

>> [2] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85786

>> [3] https://groups.io/mt/85617284/796390

>> [4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post

>> [5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390

>> [6]

>> https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/8057516/796390/1701416439/xyzzy

w5jmw

That would suggest a format problem...john

On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:
[...]

OK,Gary I received the same results."nothing to download.But I sync my Clublog to l32 earlier.The contacts I have have not been upladed to lotw....So are the daily contacts not confirmed in lotw? also what is "json".

[1] http://www.clublog.org/ [1]
[2] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85786 [2]
[3] https://groups.io/mt/85617284/796390 [3]
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post [4]
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390 [5]
[6]
https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/8057516/796390/1701416439/xyzzy
[6]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.clublog.org/
[2] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85786
[3] https://groups.io/mt/85617284/796390
[4] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/post
[5] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/editsub/796390
[6] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/8057516/796390/1701416439/xyzzy
[7] https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/85794

Gary Hinson

OK,Gary I received the same results."nothing to download.
That's four of us so far, John!

But I sync my Clublog to l32 earlier.
The testing process I laid out in my first email included running log updates before attempting the <Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log)> step. If your log in Logger32 is already fully up to date with LoTW confirmations, the <Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log)> step is expected to find nothing new!

The contacts I have have not been upladed to lotw....So are the daily contacts not confirmed in lotw?
QSOs can ONLY be confirmed on LoTW if they are signed and uploaded to LoTW by both parties.

also what is "json".
Errrr, it's a succinct file format that Club Log uses to exchange QSO details with other systems using fewer characters than are required for ADIF. According to https://www.json.org/json-en.html "JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the JavaScript Programming Language Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December 1999. JSON is a text format that is completely language independent but uses conventions that are familiar to programmers of the C-family of languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Perl, Python, and many others. These properties make JSON an ideal data-interchange language." So there you go.

73
Gary ZL2iFB

On 2021-09-14 19:55, Gary Hinson wrote:
[...]

Vince Shirley

Can I add a

#metoo

to this thread..

Vince G0ORC

On 2021-09-14 23:22, Gary Hinson wrote:
> More diagnostics:
>
> On a hunch, I tried running Logger32 as administrator for a change.
> No different - the LoTW/Club Log sync function failed with the same
> error.
>
> The error message mentions "LoTW records from ClubLog.txt", and I duly
> found that file in my Logger32 folder.  It is dated today, so Logger32
> is able to write that file.  However, it is almost empty:
>
> I presume “No results” is either a response from Club Log when
> Logger32 asks it for recent LoTW info (implying a problem at the Club
> Log end of the Logger32 sync), or is generated by Logger32 when it
> apparently finds no LoTW info from Club Log to process (implying a
> problem at one end or the other).
>
> 73
>
> Gary  ZL2iFB

Dan

Gary

I tried your steps and get same error.

73 de LU3MAM

El mar, 14 sept 2021 a las 21:55, Gary Hinson (<Gary@...>) escribió:

[...]

sp2ewq@wp.pl <sp2ewq@...>

Hi,

Exactly the same thing over here:

Best regards,
Alec

[...]

g4girhb0

Just done a Clublog sync worked ok down loaded 5 new mode/band updates.

73
Ian G4GIR

[...]

Inspired by your positive report, Ian, I simply gave it another go … and it worked!

Hey thanks everyone.  It looks like - having been hammered by all our tests - whatever wasn’t working is now running properly again.  We must have knocked the bits back into place, or something.

Data: 15.09.2021 14:46:36

Gary

I tried your steps and get same error.

73 de LU3MAM

El mar, 14 sept 2021 a las 21:55, Gary Hinson (<Gary@...>) escribió:

Can anyone who uses Club Log and LoTW with Logger32 help us test Logger32’s Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log) function, please?

I’m getting failures suggesting something is broken, somewhere.

In order to test it:

1.       Get Club Log up to date with your recent LoTW confirmations using the <LoTW sync> button on Club Log’s left side menu.

2.       Wait a while for the sync to complete.  If you have selected “Every upload” under the Club Log settings page, you should get an email when it completes.  Otherwise, try waiting half an hour to an hour.

3.       In Logger32 open File → Synchronize LoTW (from Club Log).

4.       Select either <Last 3 Months only> or <Last 1 Month only>, then click <Start>.

On my system, I get a ‘Nothing to download’ red message every time:

If you don’t get the red error (or some other one), please check whether recent LoTW confirmations are duly recorded in your Logger32 log, as expected.

5.       Let us know how you got on!

73 & TNX

Errrrr, I was over-excited: we are no longer getting the red warning message, but the LoTW sync via Club Log still isn’t working properly.

Club Log knows about QSOs that have been matched and confirmed on LoTW, but isn’t passing those details to Logger32 e.g. after synchronising Logger32, Club Log and LoTW:

Here are my recent QSOs on LoTW:

This one with JH1HFE has been matched and confirmed already:

On Club Log it is shown as confirmed:

In  my log, that QSO remains stubbornly unconfirmed:

Data: 15.09.2021 14:46:36

[...]

Gary, to investigate I'd need to see the LoTW records from Clublog.txt file that contains the JH1HFE record. SeventyThree(s)

Od: "Dan" <osvaldo.peralta@...>

Data: 15.09.2021 14:46:36

[...]

Gary, also, make an ADIF export of the offending JH1HFW QSO so I can see exactly what's in the requested/granted fields of the logbook. 73.