a good idea

Edited

a few days ago I have been seeing the subject of rbn
which in its latest version supports ft8
linked by udp with wsjt or jtdx
it is very easy to set up and the advantage of this system
is that you have a better idea of hf conditions
as it reports the cq heard
unlike a cluster this system self-supporting
we can monitor from where they listen to us
and send that we listen

no need to have skimmer installed (which is also paid)
runs on any Windows

I'm going to upload in the part of files one already configured
in zip format so you can try it
I hope you join rbn as it is something that can
help achieve good dxs

http://www.reversebeacon.net/index.php

telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001

download https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajmd9xvE5yHKiUzWuf1uvKEgnhgp?e=KMVtce

Gary Hinson

Hi there Eduardo,

As well as RBN, some DX clusters can be configured to circulate FT8 spots obtained from various sources … but there are LOTS of FT8 spots circulating since so many of us are automatically reporting decoded callsigns to PSK Reporter.  Logger32 has to process them all, loading the CPU quite heavily, and it may not be worth it if you can’t actually copy the spotted DX stations on your station.

I find the UDP BandMap much more useful since it shows DX callsigns that have been received and decoded by my system: clearly I can copy them and so I stand a chance of working them provided they can copy me.  Despite being quite active on FT8, there are normally still a few highlighted calls on my UDP BandMap to chase … and if not, I may CQ or call special event stations, friends and other ‘interesting’ DX, or respond to those calling me.  I’m happy to be busier than my CPU!

a few days ago I have been seeing the subject of rbn
which in its latest version supports ft8
linked by udp with wsjt or jtdx
it is very easy to set up and the advantage of this system
is that you have a better idea of hf conditions
as it reports the cq heard
unlike a cluster this system self-supporting
we can monitor from where they listen to us
and send that we listen

no need to have skimmer installed (which is also paid)
runs on any Windows

I'm going to upload in the part of files one already configured
in zip format so you can try it
I hope you join rbn as it is something that can
help achieve good dxs

http://www.reversebeacon.net/index.php

telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001

download https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajmd9xvE5yHKiUsEkJuXnRV-9vhm?e=DTZzWx

Bob

... and I run Logger32 on two PCs with parallel logging. One PC is configured for JTDX, the other for DXSpot collection. Several RBNs feeding ten BandMaps set to show only highlighted DXSpots.

This configuration adds no unnecessary CPU cycles to the JTDX PC. And, If I see something interesting on the Telnet/RBN PC, all I have to do is change band/mode on the JTDX PC.

[...]

Interesting application for parallel logging: share the CPU load across a brace of PCs.

a few days ago I have been seeing the subject of rbn
which in its latest version supports ft8
linked by udp with wsjt or jtdx
it is very easy to set up and the advantage of this system
is that you have a better idea of hf conditions
as it reports the cq heard
unlike a cluster this system self-supporting
we can monitor from where they listen to us
and send that we listen

no need to have skimmer installed (which is also paid)
runs on any Windows

I'm going to upload in the part of files one already configured
in zip format so you can try it
I hope you join rbn as it is something that can
help achieve good dxs

http://www.reversebeacon.net/index.php

telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001

download https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajmd9xvE5yHKiUsEkJuXnRV-9vhm?e=DTZzWx

Bob

Gary, the RBN PC running "Balls to the wall" with AR user has less than 5% utilization. The second PC with JTDX setup with recommended settings runs at < 5% CPU utilization except for the hectic decode period of the cycle where CUP utilization momentarily peaks at 25%. SeventyThree(s).

PS. For those who may think that "Balls to the wall" has sexual connotations ... get real, Google it.

[...]

the truth is that I don't know what they mean by cpu load
I have a fairly old pc
an intel i3 of the first to come out
and as you will see in the photos in addition to having logger32 with jtdk
I have a packet bbs with soundmodem on vhf
the pc on 24 hours a day
jtdx usually consumes more cpu if it is not well configured
dado q uses mas cpu to try to decode more
in my case I use it at least
with the right antenna better rx not need to process as much
with more than 4000 contacts made in 10mts ft8 only
I still make an average of 50 contacts per day
you can see the spots in the clusters or in qrz
in my case the soft aggregator does not reach %1 of the cpu

Bob

Click the PERFORMANCE tab on the task manager. SeventyThree(s).