Starting JTDX from L32 closes a serial port in radio control #ft8 #serial'

Alexey - NW7M

Hi folks,

Is there a way to stop closing a radio serial port when JTDX starts from the logger?
In my case I have both radio ports (IC-7610, USB emulated COM and CAT COM) active and connected to a PC - one is configured for JTDX, the second for L32 radio control, both can read Freq/mode/control independently
When I start JTDX from L32, it closes the radio port, so I need to open it back every time.

P.S. I read page 266 statement:
• Allow JTAlert to set Logger32 band/mode: if you change band or mode in the digimode software, Logger32 follows suit, provided Logger32’s radio port is closed so that the digimode software can open its CAT connection to control the radio.
but the question is how to disable this feature.

73!
Alexey - NW7M

Bob

No. Logger32 closes/relinquishes radio control to JTDX. Isn't the simple solution to your problem to have a single radio port configured? That was a rhetorical question, you configure it anyway you like. SeventyThree(s).

On 09/08/2021 3:54 PM Alexey Antipov via groups.io <nw7m@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

Is there a way to stop closing a radio serial port when JTDX starts from the logger?
In my case I have both radio ports (IC-7610, USB emulated COM and CAT COM) active and connected to a PC - one is configured for JTDX, the second for L32 radio control, both can read Freq/mode/control independently
When I start JTDX from L32, it closes the radio port, so I need to open it back every time.

P.S. I read page 266 statement:
• Allow JTAlert to set Logger32 band/mode: if you change band or mode in the digimode software, Logger32 follows suit, provided Logger32’s radio port is closed so that the digimode software can open its CAT connection to control the radio.
but the question is how to disable this feature.

73!
Alexey - NW7M

Alexey - NW7M

Thank you, Bob. QSL. 73!