VIS_DESK_ERROR

Peter Eckersberger

Hello,

I need some help. Since yesterday evening I'm unable to start Logger32. Whenever I click on the Desktop icon Logger32 comes up for a fraction of a second and is immediately replaced by this little error window ...

I've to restart the computer and do something else. Logger32 is NOT operational.

Previous history ... I'm using Logger32 together with JTDX and/or WSJT-X. Fantastic combo, serves me very well. With one small glitch ... Start sequence is "Logger32" > right click "UDP" > left click "UDP Band Map"> right click "Start" > left click "JTDX" or "WSJT-X". The latter both via Shortcut "On Top" & "High Priority". Both programs start as expected but are loosing connection within seconds to my radio IC-7300. I've to close all the software involved and make a total restart including Windows10. From now on all works fine for hours.

Extra note ... That procedure has to be followed every day when loading the combo L32_JTDX for the first time.
For the time being no Logger32 at all!!

Well, here some facts concerning my station ... Radio "IC-7300" together with a microKEYER II by microHAM

Computer ...

That's it. Any suggestion to overcome that inconvenience? Maybe there is a trick Bob can advise. TIA

73 de Peter, OE3EPW
<oe3epw@...>

Bob

Peter, your Zone Exceptions database has crashed. Look in the Logger32 directory for these three files:

I is possible you have four files. Delete them all. Start Logger32. It will create new/empty files. Load the Club Log Exceptions file, and the data will be entered into the new files. Ja alles gut? SeventyThree(s).

On 07/27/2021 1:08 PM Peter Eckersberger <oe3epw@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Bob,

Tnx a lot for your quick answer. Trying to follow your advise I found out that I don't have 3 or 4 of those files but 5 (five). Look here ...

This is the same for all those isd,isf,isl,ism and isx files. Its always a chain of 5 (five). Therefore ... Before I take any action the question whether or not your advise "delete them all" is still the same? TIA!

73 de Peter, OE3EPW

Am 27.07.2021 um 19:35 schrieb Bob:

[...]

Gary Hinson

I believe the advice still stands, Peter, but as you are (quite rightly!) reluctant to delete the files, and I am not an expert in this area, you may prefer to rename or move them all e.g. to a temporary subdirectory called something like “InsuranceCopy” or “DeleteMe”, or make just-in-case backups on a USB memory stick before deleting the originals.

[...]

Jan

What I allways do is rename the files like ZoneException.isdold so putting old behind the .isd .isf .isl .ism .isx

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 28-7-2021 om 08:10 schreef Gary Hinson:

[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi zero:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Peter Eckersberger

Hello Bob,

Me again. In the meantime 2 Gentlemen (sorry, I deleted their emails by mistake) came up and made some additional advise.

Well, I deleted all 5 of those files, started Logger32 without problems, 3 files were produced, made the rest with Club Log and ... EUREKA! I'm back to business. Thanks a lot to you and those 2 fellows.

73 de Peter, OE3EPW

Am 28.07.2021 um 07:11 schrieb Peter Eckersberger:

[...]

Delete them all. 73.

On 07/28/2021 1:11 AM Peter Eckersberger <oe3epw@...> wrote:

[...]

Well done Peter, glad to hear it worked out.

Thank you also for that mental picture of you leaping triumphantly out of the bath, clutching a soapy laptop, shouting EUREKA!!

[...]

But without Archimedes' beard 😁

73
Peter, OE3EPW