Grid square

la4wka

Gary.
Thanks for the ideas.

Borrowed a "ini" file from a nearby ham, and compared the two files. Didnt find much difference except the obvious ones.
So tried a few things as I wanted to avoid a new install.

I think this is something that relates to WSJT-X and/ or UDP. I use UDP to allow WSJT send qso info to logger.
If I have WSJT running with UDP open, but switch to CW (didnt test other modes) and manually log, then the Grid is populated with my own.
WSJT-X then show OOB (out of band) since I "override" by turning the VFO and manually control the rig mode etc.
However if I close the UDP connection and WSJT-X it works as before.

Hugo / LA4WKA

Gary Hinson

Hmmmm, OK Hugo, so it’s not the preset text as I thought..

It may be a Logger32 configuration problem, something odd stored in your C:\Logger32\Logger32.INI file.

You could try editing Logger32.INI with Notepad.  Close Logger32, then maybe try deleting the whole section that starts with [wndLogbookEntry Settings], and then restart Logger32 and manually reconfigure your log entry pane.  Alternatively, you could search the Logger32.INI file for any line containing your grid square, and delete just that line.

Either way, the first thing is to make a backup of Logger32.INI.  If it was me, I would also make an ADIF export of my log as a further insurance backup at this point, just in case I make the situaton even worse rather than better.

I only noticed this after the last update, howecver I went back and had to edit about 75 qso's with my own grid, and dint pay attention to what date it was.

Hugo / LA4WKA

la4wka

The field for preset text is empty.
I only noticed this after the last update, howecver I went back and had to edit about 75 qso's with my own grid, and dint pay attention to what date it was.

Hugo / LA4WKA

Gary Hinson

Ah, OK Hugo.

It looks to me as if you may have defined your grid square as the ‘preset text’ for that log entry field.

The User Manual mentions it in section 6.2 on page 114.

The ‘preset text’ should probably be empty … and maybe we ought to revise the screenshot and text in the manual to clarify how it works.

In the box where you type the callsign, there are many fields you can customize.
I have one field that is made for Grid Square......from the drop down adif menu.
Used to collect ....yes grid squares.
Thing is no matter what callsign I type in the log entry window it shown my own grid reference. This also happen if I click on a cluster spot.
Even though we have worked befor Gary, and another value is in log for previous qso's, it shown up like in the red cirkle.
Hope this gives a better explanation og the issue.

Hugo / LA4WKA

la4wka

In the box where you type the callsign, there are many fields you can customize.
I have one field that is made for Grid Square......from the drop down adif menu.
Used to collect ....yes grid squares.
Thing is no matter what callsign I type in the log entry window it shown my own grid reference. This also happen if I click on a cluster spot.
Even though we have worked befor Gary, and another value is in log for previous qso's, it shown up like in the red cirkle.
Hope this gives a better explanation og the issue.

Hugo / LA4WKA

Bob

You could try loading the Club Log Prefix exceptions database again, and loading the Club Log LoTW users database again. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/25/2021 12:27 PM Gary Hinson <gary@...> wrote:

Hello Hugo.

Your email has so little useful information that it is unanswerable.

What is the ‘it’ that is being ‘populated with your own gridsquare’?

Presumably you are talking about a grid field, somewhere, but please spare a moment to clarify/explain the problem if you expect a sensible response.

Did something change during last upgrade or have I messed with some settings?
Problem is that no matter what call sign I type in or if I click on a spot from cluster it’s populated with my own gridsquare.
How to fix this ?

Hugo / LA4WKA

Gary Hinson