Data Transfer

Steve

For FT8 I use Logger32, WSJT-X and JTAlert and have it setup like Prasad suggests using Socat.exe.  The integration of data works pretty good but I find that the name and state don't transfer to Logger32.  It shows the name in the TCP Server and socat all the time and most of the time shows the State but the data doesn't fill the fields in Logger32.  If I enter the name in the confirmation box on WSJT-X then the name will transfer.  Is there a setting that I need to change to have the data autofill with name an state in Logger32?

Also, since the State (and county which I know isn't a field transferred) isn't entered in Logger32, I go to Edit Admin Subdivision Info and enter it myself.  When in that box to select the state and county, I can enter the state and it moves automatically to the county field which I type to get to quickly.  The problem is that to close the box, I have to use the mouse to click on Apply.  It would be much easier if we can just hit tab and then enter to apply the changes rather than having to use the mouse.

Thanks for the great program!

73, Steve NA6G

Bob

Both the NAME and STATE fields should be extracted from the TCP message. Please send a picture showing the relevant fields, or copy/paste the text to that I can simulate it here.

And, you could always check the checkbox on the TCP server window and the blanks would be automatically populated.

SeventyThree(s).

On 06/17/2021 11:36 AM Steve <steve@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob.

I included several shots.  After doing a few more contacts, I find that I have to physically enter the name in the WSJT-X window for the name to come across and it does.  But, the state doesn't transfer.

Did you see what I was talking about with the Administrative Subdivision window and not being able to advance with the keyboard to apply the changes?

Thanks for checking these out.

73, Steve NA6G

Bob

I coded a TCP client, and sent this message to Logger32 <BAND:3>20M <CALL:5>N7JAK <FREQ:9>14.081400 <MODE:4>MFSK <SUBMODE:3>FT4 <QSO_DATE:8>20210618 <TIME_ON:6>183343 <QSO_DATE_OFF:8>20210617 <TIME_OFF:6>183447 <RST_SENT:3>-15 <RST_RCVD:3>-15 <TX_PWR:0> <NAME:4>FRED <STATE:2>WA <COMMENT:25>FT4 SENT: -15 RCVD: -15 <EOR> The QSO was logged with Name and State. I then enabled JTDX to log by TCP. All QSOs were logged with Name.

As to your observation about the cumbersome operation of the Change Admin Subdivision. I will change it slightly so that typing the <ENTER> key is the same as clicking the Apply button.

SeventyThree(s)