Sending a Cluster Spot from JTDX/WSJT-X

John, G4DRS

I was working a station on FT4 earlier, using WSJT-X, and I wanted to spot him.
I couldn't figure out how to do so.
Is there a trick?

I tried typing the call into Logger32 logbook pane and CTRL-D, but Logger32 couldn't work out the frequency for the spot, so it didn't work.

It's probably staring me in the face, but,sorry, I can't see it.

John
G4DRS

Bob

There's a couple of ways ... If the cherry-picker made the QSO, after the QSO is logged, click the SPOT menu on the cherry-picker event viewer. The same applies to the manual calling event viewer.

Or, you can right click on the gridsquare cell of the UDP BandMap (no QSO logging is required). The format of the DX Spot is selected by clicking CONFIG on the UDP BandMap. Click DX SPOT OPTIONS and choose whatever you like.

SeventyThree(s).

On 03/04/2021 11:45 AM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

I was working a station on FT4 earlier, using WSJT-X, and I wanted to spot him.
I couldn't figure out how to do so.
Is there a trick?

I tried typing the call into Logger32 logbook pane and CTRL-D, but Logger32 couldn't work out the frequency for the spot, so it didn't work.

It's probably staring me in the face, but,sorry, I can't see it.

John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

If the cherry-picker made the QSO, after the QSO is logged, click the SPOT menu on the cherry-picker event viewer.

I don't often use the Cherry Picker

you can right click on the gridsquare cell of the UDP BandMap
I can't get this option to work.
I have gone into Config and ticked/checked 'right-click grid square to make a formatted spot'.
Nothing.

Strange

John
G4DRS

Bob

I'm not actually connected to Telnet, but it appears to be attempting to make DX Spots. SeventyThree(s).

On 03/04/2021 12:30 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

If the cherry-picker made the QSO, after the QSO is logged, click the SPOT menu on the cherry-picker event viewer.

I don't often use the Cherry Picker

you can right click on the gridsquare cell of the UDP BandMap
I can't get this option to work.
I have gone into Config and ticked/checked 'right-click grid square to make a formatted spot'.
Nothing.

Strange

John
G4DRS

Gary Hinson

I use it a lot.  I’m a promiscuous spotter.  Works for me!

Chapter 15 of the User Manual has a lot to say about the UDP BandMap.  It is feature-rich.

The mouse cursor needs to point at the gridsquare (or the space where a grid would be) on the UDP bandmap when you right-click e.g.

John, you said Logger doesn’t know the frequency when you’re using WSJT-X.  The lengthy UDP bandmap config menu has an option “Allow WSJT/JTDX to set Logger32 frequency/band/mode”.  Provided you started WSJT-X from the UDP BandMap’s start button (not directly from a shortcut or the Windows start menu), Logger32 can take its frequency/band and mode information from WSJT-X rather than directly from the radio.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB

If the cherry-picker made the QSO, after the QSO is logged, click the SPOT menu on the cherry-picker event viewer.

I don't often use the Cherry Picker

you can right click on the gridsquare cell of the UDP BandMap

I can't get this option to work.
I have gone into Config and ticked/checked 'right-click grid square to make a formatted spot'.
Nothing.

Strange

John
G4DRS

John, G4DRS

Thanks, both.
I'll have another look tomorrow.
It's dinner time now...

73,

John
G4DRS

Gary Hinson

Weetabix for me – or rather “Weet-Bix” down here on the Far Side.  With fresh figs from the garden.

Bon appetit

Gary  ZL2iFB