Old Logger 32 Dependency

Gary Hinson

Despite upgrading as specified” ????

The manual seems clear enough to me …

Notice the footnote, Art!

As it happens, though, I also chose a new directory for Logger32 since I started with an early v4 beta and was concerned about retaining access to my original v3.5 installation in case v4 went horribly wrong.  It didn’t … so now I am still running from C:\Logger32 v4\ with the original C:\Logger32\ laying dormant. 

I was planning to:

1. Export my entire log as an ADIF, for safekeeping, to a USB stick etc.
  2. Close Logger32
  3. Backup both folders for safekeeping as well
  4. Edit Logger32.INI in the current v4 directory, looking for and changing any references to C:\Logger32 v4\ into C:\Logger32\. Then save the updated .INI
  5. Delete C:\Logger32\ completely
  6. Rename C:\Logger32 v4\ to C:\Logger32\
  7. Update the shortcuts that open Logger32 to point to C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe
  8. Run Logger32 from the shortcut and check it out.

WARNING!  THIS PROCESS IS CURRENTLY UNTESTED.  RUN AT YOUR OWN RISK … and please tell us how it goes, including any problems and workarounds.  I can then slip the tested/proven version into the User Manual at the next update.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT
Sent: 02 March 2021 02:40
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Old Logger 32 Dependency

Hello,

Does anyone know what files need to be transferred to the new Logger32_40 directory so that I can delete the old Logger32 directory?   Despite upgrading as specified, there are dependencies that require the old directory/files before version 4.0 launches.

Thanks,
Art - W1AJT

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Thanks Mike, great advice.  

Art - W1AJT / VE3UTT

Michael Harris

I upgraded under Beta conditions using the suggested Logger32_40 route to "preserve a working copy of v3.50" and entered a small world of pain as errors kept popping up. You will have to systematically scan through your Logger32 INI file and correct any paths which point to the old Logger32 folder. Just adding the _40 bit does the job.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 01/03/2021 10:39, Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT wrote:
Hello,
Does anyone know what files need to be transferred to the new Logger32_40 directory so that I can delete the old Logger32 directory?  Despite upgrading as specified, there are dependencies that require the old directory/files before version 4.0 launches.
Thanks,
Art - W1AJT

Art - VE3UTT / W1AJT

Hello,

Does anyone know what files need to be transferred to the new Logger32_40 directory so that I can delete the old Logger32 directory?   Despite upgrading as specified, there are dependencies that require the old directory/files before version 4.0 launches.

Thanks,
Art - W1AJT