line on map

Adams

Anyone know of how I might get  a line on my map to show the orientation of my dipole? (see pic as example)

Would be nice  if it were possible.

Thanks in advance,

Randy, KF4O

Bob

If you can get your dipole to reply to rotator poll messages, the line will automagically appear. Just like the line in the picture. 73.

On 02/22/2021 5:20 PM Adams via groups.io <taiwanmd@...> wrote:

Anyone know of how I might get  a line on my map to show the orientation of my dipole? (see pic as example)

Thanks in advance,

Randy, KF4O

Gary Hinson

Section 41.4.4 of the v4 User Manual shows how – well not exactly a rotary dipole but similar: a Steppir/Ultrabeam’s bidirectional setting should be close enough to the pattern of a dipole or loop (a 1 element quad) etc.

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Adams via groups.io
Sent: 23 February 2021 11:21
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] line on map

Thanks in advance,

Randy, KF4O

John Munton - G7SSE

Randy, are you referring to a fixed dipole as opposed to rotary, so therefore no rotator for Logger32 to communicate with?

Looking for a "work around" as an experiment I tried the following;

Assuming you have already created your azimuth maps in the Tracking Window in Logger32;
Close Logger32 and go to the directory.
Find and open each of the map files with an image editor (I used MS-Paint 3D)
Draw your line for your dipole as you require on each map and save to the Logger32 directory with the original file names.
Run Logger32 and check the results.

Just one thing; if you recreate the map using the any of the options in the Logger32 Tracking Window, your line would be erased when the map is recreated.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after but see mine for the IOTA Spots Map below.

73, John - G7SSE

--
73, John - G7SSE

Adams

thanks John, will have to try this..
BTW, it is a fixed dipole.
Randy

ADDENDUM:  works like a  charm.. thanks much John

John Munton - G7SSE

Good to know Randy

John

------ Original Message ------