Cherry picking

Matthias Bellmann

Some month ago i got cherry picking to work fine, but only for a short time.
I am using logger V 4.0.132 and HELP 4.0.242.
My setup:
udp bandmap - config - show/block callsigns worked before - :
      show/block callsigns qsod this band/mode b4
      block selected callsigns QSOd b4
Nevertheless my cherry-picker keeps calling stations qsod b4, even when the last qso was only few minutes ago.
Is there anything i ignored?
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Bob

Well, Mattais, the first thing you have ignored is auto-update. The current version of Logger32 is v4.0.243 and there probably will be another one tomorrow.

When you say the cherry picker calls stations you have worked before, are those stations visible on the UDP BandMap? 

If you are configured for the cherry-picker to call any highlighted callsign, then the cherry-picker will do that. If a call is highlighted with "Need confirmation" color then the cherry picker will keep calling until the color is turned off. It does as it is told.

The Cherry-picker event viewer tell you exactly why it is calling a station. What does it say?

SeventyThree(s).

On 02/21/2021 2:36 PM Matthias Bellmann <dk4wd@...> wrote:

My setup:
Nevertheless my cherry-picker keeps calling stations qsod b4, even when the last qso was only few minutes ago.
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Matthias Bellmann

Hi Bob
no, the station being calles is NOT shown in UDP-Bandmap, it is show in JTDX marked green (as wkg b4)
Until today i used logger 3. 50something
event viewer shows "Need IN52 on 40m/FT8 in Februar" Suppose this is the point? What must i do?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021 um 20:51 Uhr
Von: "Bob" <k4cy@...>
An: hamlogger@groups.io
Betreff: Re: [hamlogger] Cherry picking
Well, Mattais, the first thing you have ignored is auto-update. The current version of Logger32 is v4.0.243 and there probably will be another one tomorrow.

When you say the cherry picker calls stations you have worked before, are those stations visible on the UDP BandMap? 

If you are configured for the cherry-picker to call any highlighted callsign, then the cherry-picker will do that. If a call is highlighted with "Need confirmation" color then the cherry picker will keep calling until the color is turned off. It does as it is told.

The Cherry-picker event viewer tell you exactly why it is calling a station. What does it say?

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Bob

On the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | CHERRY-PICKING OPTIONS | SETUP GRIDSQUARE CALLING OPTIONS. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/21/2021 2:58 PM Matthias Bellmann <dk4wd@...> wrote:

Hi Bob
no, the station being calles is NOT shown in UDP-Bandmap, it is show in JTDX marked green (as wkg b4)
event viewer shows "Need IN52 on 40m/FT8 in Februar" Suppose this is the point? What must i do?

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Matthias Bellmann

In the meantime i disabled in udp bandmap highlight colors "need gridsquare b/m in 2021 and "need gridsqare b/m in fbruary".
Was that my mistake?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021 um 20:58 Uhr
Von: "Matthias Bellmann" <Dk4wd@...>

Hi Bob

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Matthias Bellmann

Many thanks and stay safe. Community needs you!

Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021 um 21:01 Uhr
On the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | CHERRY-PICKING OPTIONS | SETUP GRIDSQUARE CALLING OPTIONS. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/21/2021 2:58 PM Matthias Bellmann <dk4wd@...> wrote:

Hi Bob

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Bob

This is correct. You probable need to work new gridsquares once per band/mode, and not once per band/mode/month. SeventyThree(s).          

On 02/21/2021 3:05 PM Matthias Bellmann <dk4wd@...> wrote:

In the meantime i disabled in udp bandmap highlight colors "need gridsquare b/m in 2021 and "need gridsqare b/m in fbruary".
Was that my mistake?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021 um 20:58 Uhr
Von: "Matthias Bellmann" <Dk4wd@...>

Hi Bob

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Damian M0BKV

Excuse me if I'm wrong but the Cherry-picker, to my understanding, gets it's instruction through the UDP bandmap from your Logger32 log  The JTDX log and colours hasn't any influence.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021, 19:58 Matthias Bellmann <Dk4wd@...> wrote:

Hi Bob

SeventyThree(s).

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd

Bob

Correct, but the cherry-picker relies on coloring/highlighting of the UDP BandMap to determine which cherries to pick. SeventyThree(s).

On 02/21/2021 4:39 PM Damian M0BKV via groups.io <damianm0bkv@...> wrote:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but the Cherry-picker, to my understanding, gets it's instruction through the UDP bandmap from your Logger32 log  The JTDX log and colours hasn't any influence.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021, 19:58 Matthias Bellmann < Dk4wd@...> wrote:

Hi Bob

Von: "Bob" < k4cy@...>
An:  hamlogger@groups.io

SeventyThree(s).

On 02/21/2021 2:36 PM Matthias Bellmann < dk4wd@...> wrote:

My setup:
 73 Matthias dk4wd