ADIF Mode DIGITALVOICE

Thomas Wrede

In Edit Bands & Modes the mode DIGITALVOICE is not accepted although it is contained in the ADIFmodes.txt file in the /logger32 directory. What interestingly is accepted is a mode DV. Apart from the fact that I never understood while the long word DIGITALVOICE (instead of DV) was chosen by the ADIF consortium, I am wondering what I am doing wrong here, e.g. why do I get the message "DIGITALVOICE does not appear to be a valid ADIF defined mode or submode"? DIGITALVOICE is a valid ADIF mode! Furthermore ADIF 3.1.1 lists DSTAR and C4FM as modes but why is DMR still missing. DMR is the most frequently used digital mode, at least where I live.

73, Thomas DF2OO

Bob

Like you, the thought processes of the ADIF Meisters is way above my paygrade. It is humbling to to be a mere mortal in the presence such awesome wisdom ... Try DV as the mode/submode. SeventyThee(s).

PS. See, great minds do think alike.

On 01/25/2021 5:46 PM Thomas via groups.io <df2oo@...> wrote:

In Edit Bands & Modes the mode DIGITALVOICE is not accepted although it is contained in the ADIFmodes.txt file in the /logger32 directory. What interestingly is accepted is a mode DV. Apart from the fact that I never understood while the long word DIGITALVOICE (instead of DV) was chosen by the ADIF consortium, I am wondering what I am doing wrong here, e.g. why do I get the message "DIGITALVOICE does not appear to be a valid ADIF defined mode or submode"? DIGITALVOICE is a valid ADIF mode! Furthermore ADIF 3.1.1 lists DSTAR and C4FM as modes but why is DMR still missing. DMR is the most frequently used digital mode, at least where I live.

73, Thomas DF2OO

Graham G3ZOD

The next version of ADIF will make DIGITALVOICE a mode and DSTAR, DMR & C4FM its submodes.  The specification is intended for developers importing and exporting data, who are at liberty to present things to users how they feel fit, i.e. ADIF is not intended to be a user interface specification.

73 de Graham G3ZOD