Topics

DLL problem from Vsamex.dll causes the crash Logger32 go down when telnet to the cluster is ON

Alex Del Chicca

Hi Bob,

it's a pleasure to read you and thanks for the info regarding your connection on IK5PWJ-6 for the necessary checks.

First of all, congratulations for the great work you are doing for the amateur radio community, great program your Logger32 ....

Regarding the problem I don't think it depends on the cluster also because if I connect to another cluster, the problem persists.

I have seen that the V.4 version needs the VSAMEX.DLL libraries for the connection

In fact, as reported in my msg. the error that logs in the Windows 10 PRO 64Bit log file is on this library, which I don't see in version 3.5

I don't know, since others don't have the problem, this may be due to some bug in my installation of Windows 10 Pro.

Now I'll do some tests on another computer and see how they go.

I had thought about installing from the beginning starting only from version 4 but it's not available at the moment.

When do you think the download will be available?

About the test ... I'll let you know.

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj

Da: Bob <k4cy@...>
Date: sab 23 gen 2021 alle ore 22:21
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DLL problem from Vsamex.dll causes the crash Logger32 go down when telnet to the cluster is ON
To: <hamlogger@groups.io>

VSAMEX.DLL is the database engine. I have connected to IK5PWJ-6 Telnet cluster all day. No problems. 73.

On 01/23/2021 1:31 PM Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> wrote:

Hi all,

the error that causes the Logger32 program to close as explained in the msg. that I report below,

is shown in the Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit Event Viewer that I am using.

Below I insert the msg. Error found in Windows Logs / Application Level / Error / General:

Logger32.exe

    4.0.0.235

    60033d98

    Vsamex.dll

    6.4.0.0

    5ef1b226

    c0000005

    0004c1f8

    3eb4

    01d6f1a815c7ee68

    C: \ Logger32 \ Logger32.exe

    C: \ Logger32 \ Vsamex.dll

    60a100e9-fd17-4058-b14a-fc25b3d571f3

And in Windows / Application Level / Error / Details:

Name of the application that generated the logger32.exe error vers 4.0.0.235, timestamp: 0x60033d98

Module name etc .....

Exception code: 0x c0000005

Error offset 0x0004c 1f8

Path to the module that generated the error: C: \ Logger32 \ Vsamex.dll

So ….i’s    Vsamex.dll    that causes the Logger32.exe program crash to close

Anyone know why and how to solve this problem?

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj.