Topics

DLL problem from Vsamex.dll causes the crash Logger32 go down when telnet to the cluster is ON

Alex Del Chicca

Hi Bob,

it's a pleasure to read you and thanks for the info regarding your connection on IK5PWJ-6 for the necessary checks.

First of all, congratulations for the great work you are doing for the amateur radio community, great program your Logger32 ....

Regarding the problem I don't think it depends on the cluster also because if I connect to another cluster, the problem persists.

I have seen that the V.4 version needs the VSAMEX.DLL libraries for the connection

In fact, as reported in my msg. the error that logs in the Windows 10 PRO 64Bit log file is on this library, which I don't see in version 3.5

I don't know, since others don't have the problem, this may be due to some bug in my installation of Windows 10 Pro.

Now I'll do some tests on another computer and see how they go.

I had thought about installing from the beginning starting only from version 4 but it's not available at the moment.

When do you think the download will be available?

About the test ... I'll let you know.

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj

Da: Bob <k4cy@...>
Date: sab 23 gen 2021 alle ore 22:21
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] DLL problem from Vsamex.dll causes the crash Logger32 go down when telnet to the cluster is ON
To: <hamlogger@groups.io>

VSAMEX.DLL is the database engine. I have connected to IK5PWJ-6 Telnet cluster all day. No problems. 73.

On 01/23/2021 1:31 PM Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> wrote:

Hi all,

the error that causes the Logger32 program to close as explained in the msg. that I report below,

is shown in the Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit Event Viewer that I am using.

Below I insert the msg. Error found in Windows Logs / Application Level / Error / General:

Logger32.exe

60033d98

Vsamex.dll

5ef1b226

c0000005

0004c1f8

3eb4

01d6f1a815c7ee68

C: \ Logger32 \ Logger32.exe

C: \ Logger32 \ Vsamex.dll

60a100e9-fd17-4058-b14a-fc25b3d571f3

And in Windows / Application Level / Error / Details:

Name of the application that generated the logger32.exe error vers 4.0.0.235, timestamp: 0x60033d98

Module name etc .....

Exception code: 0x c0000005

Error offset 0x0004c 1f8

Path to the module that generated the error: C: \ Logger32 \ Vsamex.dll

So ….i’s    Vsamex.dll    that causes the Logger32.exe program crash to close

Anyone know why and how to solve this problem?

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj.

Da: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> Per conto di Alex Del Chicca via groups.io
Inviato: sabato 23 gennaio 2021 17:24
A: hamlogger@groups.io
Oggetto: [hamlogger] Logger32 go down when telnet to the cluster is ON

Hi to ALL,

I upgraded from the latest version 3.5 to version 4.0 without any errors.

After doing database maintenance and updating statistics, I updated to ver. 4.0.235 without problems.

The open windows are: Operator :, Dx Spots, Worked / Confirmed Logbook page, Previous QSOs and Telnet for IK5PWJ-6 cluster connection,

I also opened the CW Machine window.

Unfortunately after some time, sometimes 30 min. others after an hour the Logger32 program closes, leaving only the window outside

the Logger32 Window of the CW Machine open.

In practice the window of Logger32 disappears.

I then made several tests, reinstalling the logger32 vers. 4 from vers. 3.5 where I had previously deleted all the log

and then reinstalled the ik5pwj log from the previously saved adif file.

Unfortunately, the problem reoccurred by going the Logger32 program down and always remaining the CW Machine -Software window.

At this point I did a test and I disabled the connection via telnet to the cluster no longer receiving the spots both

in the Telnet window and in the DX Spot window.

Well .... the Logger32 program ran for hours without closing.

I am sure that the block depends on the right spots that the telnet receives and sends to the DX Spots window,

because if I reactivate the telnet connection and the spots start to arrive again, the program goes down again.

What's up ? and how can this problem be eliminated?

When I use the same configurations on the latest version of the program vers. 3.5 .... everything works,

including telnet and spot-free spots or whatever.

Thanks for any Help

73 Alex ik5pwj.

Bob <k4cy@...>

VSAMEX.DLL is the database engine. I have connected to IK5PWJ-6 Telnet cluster all day. No problems. 73.

On 01/23/2021 1:31 PM Alex Del Chicca <ik5pwj@...> wrote:

Hi all,

the error that causes the Logger32 program to close as explained in the msg. that I report below,

Below I insert the msg. Error found in Windows Logs / Application Level / Error / General:

Logger32.exe

60033d98

Vsamex.dll

5ef1b226

c0000005

0004c1f8

3eb4

01d6f1a815c7ee68

Name of the application that generated the logger32.exe error vers 4.0.0.235, timestamp: 0x60033d98

Module name etc .....

Error offset 0x0004c 1f8

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj.

Da: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> Per conto di Alex Del Chicca via groups.io

Hi to ALL,

After doing database maintenance and updating statistics, I updated to ver. 4.0.235 without problems.

The open windows are: Operator :, Dx Spots, Worked / Confirmed Logbook page, Previous QSOs and Telnet for IK5PWJ-6 cluster connection,

Unfortunately after some time, sometimes 30 min. others after an hour the Logger32 program closes, leaving only the window outside

I then made several tests, reinstalling the logger32 vers. 4 from vers. 3.5 where I had previously deleted all the log

Unfortunately, the problem reoccurred by going the Logger32 program down and always remaining the CW Machine -Software window.

At this point I did a test and I disabled the connection via telnet to the cluster no longer receiving the spots both

I am sure that the block depends on the right spots that the telnet receives and sends to the DX Spots window,

because if I reactivate the telnet connection and the spots start to arrive again, the program goes down again.

When I use the same configurations on the latest version of the program vers. 3.5 .... everything works,

Thanks for any Help

73 Alex ik5pwj.

Alex Del Chicca

Hi all,

Logger32.exe

60033d98

Vsamex.dll

5ef1b226

c0000005

0004c1f8

3eb4

01d6f1a815c7ee68

Module name etc .....

Error offset 0x0004c 1f8

Thanks

73 Alex ik5pwj.

Hi to ALL,

Thanks for any Help

73 Alex ik5pwj.