Version 4.0

Gilles DESANSAC F6IRA

Rick agree your opinion. V 4,xxx work as faster and safer rocket. F6IRA 

Le 05/01/2021 à 21:02, Rick Williams - VE7TK via groups.io a écrit :
I am far from a power user but I have been using Logger for a couple of decades!! 

I bit the bullet early in the beta testing and converted to Version 4. I have NO regrets. Version 4 has been stable and, for my type of use, very reliable. It seems substantially faster than Version 3.5 at updating various database components such a LoTW users and Club Log exceptions. Also, there have been significant improvements linking Logger32 directly with WSJT-x and JTDX. Of course, the award tracking component of L32, in my opinion the crown jewel, remains as efficient as always!

Many thanks to Bob, Aki, Jim and others for all their efforts.

73, Rick
VE7TK

Rick Williams - VE7TK

I am far from a power user but I have been using Logger for a couple of decades!! 

I bit the bullet early in the beta testing and converted to Version 4. I have NO regrets. Version 4 has been stable and, for my type of use, very reliable. It seems substantially faster than Version 3.5 at updating various database components such a LoTW users and Club Log exceptions. Also, there have been significant improvements linking Logger32 directly with WSJT-x and JTDX. Of course, the award tracking component of L32, in my opinion the crown jewel, remains as efficient as always!

Many thanks to Bob, Aki, Jim and others for all their efforts.

73, Rick
VE7TK

Paul Sturpe

Ditto to all, but don't forget the greatly improved help file!  
Paul, W3GQ

Julian GW4JBQ

Don't forget that there are Welsh Sheep farmers on this thread Gary 🙂   HNY to you and yours.

Gary Hinson

It’s remarkably like 3.5, but better. 

Like a favourite sheep, only woollier 😊

[Did I type that out loud?  Sorry.]

Gary  ZL2iFB

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 05 January 2021 12:24
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Version 4.0

No need to hold your breath John. Ver 4.0 is being released in the same order as the COVID vaccinations are ... First the Royalty, then the Aristocracy, then the elected officials, then all the 'my poop doesn't smell' elected (and non elected) hangers on. Finally, to those who really need it ...

Bottom line John, the recent releases of Logger32 have been (IMHO) remarkably stable (for a 20 year old program - written in a language that hasn't been supported for countless years - that was never intended get this big). Ver 4.0 is nothing special, it looks like, and feels like, what you're using now. As best as I can describe it, it's like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, we've rebuilt the foundation so that it is vertical ...

And, I ask the ver 4.0 Beta testers to add to this thread with their observations/comments of how they view ver 4.0 ... SeventyThree(s).

On 01/04/2021 7:04 AM John Pink via groups.io <john_pink@...> wrote:

It’s a little bit like waiting for Covid vaccination – I am still waiting for the call

HNY john G8MM

Bob

No need to hold your breath John. Ver 4.0 is being released in the same order as the COVID vaccinations are ... First the Royalty, then the Aristocracy, then the elected officials, then all the 'my poop doesn't smell' elected (and non elected) hangers on. Finally, to those who really need it ...

Bottom line John, the recent releases of Logger32 have been (IMHO) remarkably stable (for a 20 year old program - written in a language that hasn't been supported for countless years - that was never intended get this big). Ver 4.0 is nothing special, it looks like, and feels like, what you're using now. As best as I can describe it, it's like the Leaning Tower of Pisa, we've rebuilt the foundation so that it is vertical ...

And, I ask the ver 4.0 Beta testers to add to this thread with their observations/comments of how they view ver 4.0 ... SeventyThree(s).

On 01/04/2021 7:04 AM John Pink via groups.io <john_pink@...> wrote:

It’s a little bit like waiting for Covid vaccination – I am still waiting for the call

HNY john G8MM

John Pink

HNY john G8MM