Logged QSO from JTDX shows as GEN instead of 80m

John, G4DRS

 then you probably have a hole in your BandPlan on 80M. 73.

Exactly right. I had ended one entry 1kHz lower than the next entry started!

Thanks,

John
G4DRS

Tom Wylie

Your GEN frequency is different.   Is that reflected in your band/modes tables?
Tom
GM4FDM

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020, 21:38 John, G4DRS via groups.io, <g4drs=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Everything had been working fine, then, suddenly, I started seeing messages about NAK: FREQ/BAND QSO data rejected by external software.
I think this is a JTDX message, but I don't know whether Logger32 is rejecting the band data and logging it as 'GEN', or whether JTDX is sending the band data as 'GEN' and Logger32 is rejecting it.
Is anyone able to shed any light as to why this may have started partway through an operating session?
Logger32 3.50.424
JTDX 2.2.0 RC155
Windows 10

Thanks,
John
G4DRS

Bob

... ah! the editing helps. Now we know you're logging based on TCP messages from somewhere. We also know the messages either have incorrect frequency (or maybe band) information. Or maybe (as I first suggested) the frequency information is not on a frequency recognized as being on 80m in your BandPlan. SeventyThree(a).

On 12/30/2020 4:38 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Everything had been working fine, then, suddenly, I started seeing messages about NAK: FREQ/BAND QSO data rejected by external software.
I think this is a JTDX message, but I don't know whether Logger32 is rejecting the band data and logging it as 'GEN', or whether JTDX is sending the band data as 'GEN' and Logger32 is rejecting it.
Is anyone able to shed any light as to why this may have started partway through an operating session?
Logger32 3.50.424
JTDX 2.2.0 RC155
Windows 10
I would attach a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to.
Thanks,
John
G4DRS

Bob

... then you probably have a hole in your BandPlan on 80M. 73.

On 12/30/2020 4:38 PM John, G4DRS via groups.io <g4drs@...> wrote:

Everything had been working fine, then, suddenly, I started seeing messages about NAK: FREQ/BAND QSO data rejected by external software.
I think this is a JTDX message, but I don't know whether Logger32 is rejecting the band data and logging it as 'GEN', or whether JTDX is sending the band data as 'GEN' and Logger32 is rejecting it.
Is anyone able to shed any light as to why this may have started partway through an operating session?
Logger32 3.50.424
JTDX 2.2.0 RC155
Windows 10

Thanks,