Topics

Auto Antenna Selector Project + WSJY&JTAlert

José L. Oliva - EA4ZQ

Hello, this is Pepe EA4ZQ.

I'm working in an automatic add-on for Ameritron RCS-4 remote antenna switch. It's gonna be an 'Low Cost Automatic Remote Antenna Switcher' or "LCARAS"... hi, hi...
For now, it's in development process. Works fine using Logger32 alone because Logger's antenna selector uses band info from radio directly using my homebrew CI-V interface (Icom), but problem is when I want to use WSJT-X + JTAlert.
This softs uses, normally, Omny-Rig for CAT control, then sends info to JTAlert via UDP, and finally JTAlert sends 'Last QSO' info to Logger via TCP port
QSO is logged normally, but Logger doesn't know what band, or frecuency is in. That's the reason Antenna Selector can't works.

If I use direct connection from WSJT to Logger via UDP BandMap, all is right, but I loose JTAlert benefits...

Any idea...  I can't go further by myself.

Best 73-DX

Bob

Pepe, I am not familiar with WSJT-X, but doesn't it have two UDP client ports? I assume one is connected to JTAlert. From your description of all the software you have interconnected, it looks like you could connect the the second WSJT-X port to the Logger32 server and read the frequency directly that way. And, if WSJT-X does have two UDP ports, why couldn't you log directly to Logger32 that way?

Does this huge bowl of spaghetti really have only two ends? SeventyThree(s).

On 09/25/2020 10:10 AM José L. Oliva - EA4ZQ <joseluis.oliva@...> wrote:

[...]

Tnx Bob.

I configured all three softs following Logger help file info. After several diferents configurations, this is the only one working fine.

I've tried second udp server in wsjt, but no works for me. It seems only sends last qso adif info.
I tried receive directly in logger and use the UDP Repeater for sending to JTAlert. Info came to Logger but no jtalert...
JTA seems having a UDP repeater also, but no works or only send last qso info... not sure..

All this is out of my mind... Only one spaghetti, but full of knots...

I'll keep in fight.. 73DX

Bob

Pepe, I tested the Logger32 UDP repeater with something called gridtracker (I think what it was called). This software just listens to the port and does not transmit. The connection worked just fine, but looking at all the eye candy made me sick to my stomach :)  So, I don't know if JTAlert is listening to the UDP only, or if it sends messages to WSJT. If it listens only, then connecting it to the Logger32 repeater should be OK. SeventyThree(s).