Topics

Updatefiles not found by the Rollback command

F4FNT

Hi,
I don't want to "rollback to a previous Logger32 version", but I've tried this command to see what's happening.  Clicking the "rollback" command resulted in the following message "I can't find any \logger32\Updatefiles for Ver xx folders."
My hard disk has the following folders structure :
c:\Logger32
c:\Logger32\Rollback
c:\Logger32\Updatefiles for Ver 350.335 and 19 similar Updatefiles folders.
Do I have something wrong on my Logger32 folder ?
Additional question : is there any interest in keeping all these Updatefiles folders, or should I keep only the ten most recent ones ?
Thank you for yous replies,
Raymond, F4FNT

Bob

Raymond, the program Logger32Rollback.exe  looks at all sub directories in \Logger32 one by one. If the directory name starts with "Updatefiles for Ver " then this is a rollback directory. The message tells you that Logger32 can't see/find any directories that match. This is probably why there are more than 10 of them. Updating to a new release of Logger32 creates a new update folder and if there are more than 10 updates folders, it deletes the oldest ones. If Logger32 can't see them, it doesn't know there's more than 10.

So, the question is - Why aren't the directories visible to Logger32?  You will have to look at your PC setup/configuration to figure that one out. 73.

On 08/26/2020 10:55 AM F4FNT via groups.io <f4fnt@...> wrote:

Hi,
I don't want to "rollback to a previous Logger32 version", but I've tried this command to see what's happening.  Clicking the "rollback" command resulted in the following message "I can't find any \logger32\Updatefiles for Ver xx folders."
My hard disk has the following folders structure :
c:\Logger32
c:\Logger32\Rollback
c:\Logger32\Updatefiles for Ver 350.335 and 19 similar Updatefiles folders.
Do I have something wrong on my Logger32 folder ?
Additional question : is there any interest in keeping all these Updatefiles folders, or should I keep only the ten most recent ones ?
Thank you for yous replies,
Raymond, F4FNT

F4FNT

Thank you Bob for your answer. But I’m still trying to find out which setup I need to change. I’ve looked at the authorizations to various  .exe files located in the c:\Loggeer32 folder: Logger32rollback.exe, autoinstaller.exe, Logger32autoinstaller.exe, but no success….

My current Logger32 version is 3.50.422. The existing Updatefiles for ver…. go from 3.50.334 to 3.50.420 (19 folders). My Logger32 is Always launched as  administrator, as recommended and I haven’t seen any Antivirus issue, although I’m using Norton.

Some ideas on the setup parameters I should investigate ?

Thank you

Raymond, FFNT

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

Bob

Raymond, do it the easy way. Delete all the Updatefiles for Ver 3.50.xxx folders except the five newest ones. 73.