Topics

Problem with BandMap

Ernö

Yes...one more thing..

In the picture yesterday It was a test with a  full new install. No setting, nothing. And the same problem.

73 Ernö

Ernö

Yes, it is. But we dont't know what was then.
As it went bad, so improved...hi. and meanwhile i touch anything

73 Ernö

Bob

... probably the same problem you had reported before. 73.

On 10/16/2020 2:08 PM Ernö <ha1ar@...> wrote:

Hallo Guys,

It worked for 2-3 weeks. After that, nothing again.I didn't change anything. But now i just did a full reinstall. I just set up the cluster. Nothing else. No LOG and others.
In a few moments the  DxWindow is full. BandMap empty.(show pic.)
If i send sh/dx to the cluster the BandMap also fills up. Otherwise not.Before came only 1 callsign on 15m(hi) in FT8.
After 15-20min i had 4-5 call on 15m in FT8 but nothing else.

Where is the error???

73
Ernö, HA1AR

Ernö

Hallo Guys,

It worked for 2-3 weeks. After that, nothing again.I didn't change anything. But now i just did a full reinstall. I just set up the cluster. Nothing else. No LOG and others.
In a few moments the  DxWindow is full. BandMap empty.(show pic.)
If i send sh/dx to the cluster the BandMap also fills up. Otherwise not.Before came only 1 callsign on 15m(hi) in FT8.
After 15-20min i had 4-5 call on 15m in FT8 but nothing else.

Where is the error???

73
Ernö, HA1AR

Gary Hinson

No worries Ernö.

I’m currently struggling to diagnose a problem that introduces big delays (sometimes over 20 seconds) when I edit notes in my log.  The problem is intermittent and I haven’t yet figured out what triggers it, making it hard to tackle.  Bug-hunting is all part of the fun these days!

73

Gary   ZL2iFB

vy Tnx for help Dan(N3ND)  and Gary(ZL2IFB),
The patient was healed...hi.

What was wrong? I don't know. I reviewed everything several times. But i found nothing. Also in config files nothing found.
And last i checked to see if there is a new update. And yes, it was ....3,50,421. I updated and it works.

73dx HA1AR Ernö

Ernö

Hi Gays,

vy Tnx for help Dan(N3ND)  and Gary(ZL2IFB),
The patient was healed...hi.

What was wrong? I don't know. I reviewed everything several times. But i found nothing. Also in config files nothing found.
And last i checked to see if there is a new update. And yes, it was ....3,50,421. I updated and it works.

73dx HA1AR Ernö

Ernö

Halio Gary,

Tnx
No. Sorry. I have the same setup.
The DxSpot w. work fine. The "Dx Spot presistence' i have 30min. That was always.
Slowly i think, that it is related to the last update. I have now 3,50,419.
Unfortunately i don't remember whether it started, after or before.
i did more BackRoll, but nothing. HiHI.....It was a good spark...hi! I just checked the logger folder. Last update was 13.08. I have on this day a qso with vp8. And the band map was good! Yes it 100%. On 14.08  the  5t5 qso was not. Since them i have not more qso.Because of the wrong BandMap. I was very nervous ...hi
Ok.But then why didn't the Rollback help??

73dx HA1AR Ernö

Gary Hinson

Hi Erno.

The band maps are full of spots for me – too full if anything since I am getting hosed by FT8 and FT4 spots at the moment (I’m stress testing!).  Right now I have something like 300 spots showing across 80 to 15m, with updates every few seconds.  [I had to increase the DXspot count from 300 to 1000 with a command line parameter when starting Logger32 to get that many.

Check your band map configurations: here’s mine (same on all my band maps, I think – they each have separate configs though) …

If you have the top option selected, the maps will only show ‘new ones’.  If there are no ‘new ones’ to show, they will be empty.

Likewise with ‘Show not QSOd this band/mode B4’: if all the recent spots are for stations you have already worked, they will not be shown on the band maps.

Finally, check the ‘DX Spot persistence’ settings.  10 minutes works well for me (except for the UDP map where 2 mins suits me better).  If set too low, spots appear only briefly, of course.  Given the timing on your screenshot, I don’t think that is your problem but it’s worth checking anyway.

73 GL

Gary  ZL2iFB