Jim,,

Thank you, I'll try that..

Vince

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 at 12:01, Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Do a lookup on YC8AIC.  Clearing the log entry doesn’t even stop it.  You have do another lookup.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Vince Shirley
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:44 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Interesting one for Rick..

Rick,

Thank you - I'm sure the issue is here..

It's a very strange thing and doesn't seem to have any common features from one system to another.  The last time I had it probably as much as 9 or 10 years ago, it was Microham Router which was the culprit, so I now don't know what to do for the best.  I've no idea where it comes from as all scans with four different malware detectors have drawn a blank, even when I run them in safe mode.

I uninstalled the Lookup and it doesn't seem to happen, re-installed it and it does but - and it's a big but - it's so random and irregular that you can never be sure that it's gone or still there.

For the time being I've reluctantly uninstalled the Lookup again and I'll give it another few weeks to show.

Thanks again,

Vince

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 at 21:03, Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Hi Vince..

There are no sound aspects to the Lookup at all the only time sound might be heard is if the call you looked up has sounds on their QRZ lookup page. The Microsoft control that displays the lookup information is a control build around Internet Explorer so it would play the sound on the lookup page thru the speakers but the actual lookup program has no sound calls to it at all..

73 Rick N2AMG