Topics

Logger32 cherry-picking problem after update to v.418, 419 and 420

Mariusz SP5GSM

Bob, thanks a lot for all tips. I know this feature in JTDX and I use it. Also I understand most of the functions of Logger32 - they are really very usable. Please understand that the problem is not how to configure and use this software. The problem is why - without any change in the configuration made by user - one of function which previously worked well stopped right after the update to the higher version. I compared the configuration before update and after update row by row and there is no any difference between them. As you can see in the screenshot attached to the message #80842 there are few callsigns highlighted in white due to "not credited for DXXC_MIXED". But they were not called even though they were highlighted because they all are EU stations - and that is OK. After the update they suddenly were called as you can see in the next message  #80843.
I did what you suggested in your previous message  #80851 and removed the “Country not credited for DXCC_MIXED” from the list of highlight options. Now the callsigns which matches with this condition are not visible, but are still called - no matter are they EU stations or not.
After that I've rolled back to the version .416 again and I'm going to stay with it because it works as I need and I haven't encountered any bug yet.
Frankly speaking I'm tired with this awkward dialogue. I feel misunderstood and a bit disappointed, but never mind. Logger32 v.3.50.416 works perfect and I'll keep with it.
73 and stay safe!

Bob

Mariusz, maybe you are looking in the wrong place. If you don't understand the options in Logger32, look at JTDX. Click FILE | SETTINGS. Click the FILTERS tab. Here you can hide all EU messages. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/29/2020 7:26 PM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

Ok, let's start again.
Right click on the DX Spot window > SETUP>APPEARANCE> and there is no DX SPOT HIGHLIGHT COLORS available. I checked three times. No such option, but I've found something like this:

 Maybe it will be helpful. That's why I've started this thread. I just tried to inform about some kind of problem I've encountered. It was the first time, and probably the last when I tried to give feedback from the user point of view about any software. I can't communicate properly in English in such issues. For example you've written "You have checked the option to show only European stations that are highlighted", that's why I paraphrased "If I have checked the option to show only European stations...". I have understood you've suggested that I selected option which is not available. It's misunderstanding.
So, it is possible to close this thread. I will patiently wait for clarification of this problem by any other user which is more ably in such issues. Thank you for your patience, and sorry for any "pontificate" whatever it means - I've never heard such word except Vatican City.
73

Dave Colliau

Bob just refund his purchase . Some people shouldn't have computers let alone free logging programs . Yes please kill this thread.
Dave N8DC

--
Sent from Yahoo Email App for Android

Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 07:44PM -04:00 from Bob k4cy@...:

Ken, I think you're pissing up-wind. 73.
On 07/29/2020 7:40 PM Ken McVie < kenmcvie2@...> wrote:

Mariusz,

There IS a DX SPOT HIGHLIGHT COLORS AVAILABLE  under the SET UP tab when you RIGHT CLICK in the DX SPOTS window. Please check again for this setting.

73

Ken ZL4NR

On 30/07/2020 11:26 am, Mariusz SP5GSM wrote:
[...]

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now we all know a white highlight color means "Country not credited for DXCC_MIXED". That is why RA3 an YL stations are showing in the UDP BandMapv ... because you have no DXCC credit. They will continue to show until either you do have DXCC credit for these Countries, or you remove the highlight option.

So, what are you going to do? Get DXCC credit, or remove the “Country not credited for DXCC_MIXED” from the list of highlight options? These are your settings, they are your options, configure them anyway you like. For me, the thread is now closed. SeventyThree(s).

[...]

Ken McVie

[...]

Mariusz, I will try to help you one more time (and only one) ... First, I ask you please not pontificate about how it should work. That will be your privilege when your Logging program is publicly released.

Now, to look at your message ... You said: If I have checked the option to show only European stations. There is no such option. The option is to block callsigns in Europe that are not highlighted. In the picture you sent the EU stations in the UDP BandMap were all highlighted white. I am on my knees begging, please tell me what a white highlight color means in your configuration.

Right click on the DX Spot window. Click SETUP | APPEARANCE | DX SPOT HIGHLIGHT COLORS. You see the list of highlight colors you have chosen. Which one is white and checked? You are now looking at the reason the EU stations are showing in the UDP BandMap.

That's it. I gave it my best shot. For me, this thread is now closed. Other's may be more successful than I am. SeventyThree(s).

On 07/29/2020 5:10 PM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

If I have checked the option to show only European stations, tell me why the Cherry-picking calls only stations outside Europe? Of course only if the L32 is in version .416. It works that way at this moment when I write this words because I've performed rollback to this version. The same configuration in v.420 have worked in reverse way. That is the problem - someone have changed something unintentionally during preparation of v.418 (maybe .417 because I've missed this upgrade) and now this function works completely different than before. You focused on highlighting of stations - it depends if I worked this stations before or not on that band/mode. The window "Cherry-picking event viewer" depicted on the screenshot describe detailed cause of highlighting every stations called. But it completely doesn' matter when the "block (...) from Continent" is selected. Any stations - highlighted for any reason - should not  be called if they are from the same Continent as I am.
Does anyone have same problem? Because after last answer of Bob I feel a bit like someone unable to logical thinking. Maybe it's time to face with the bare truth about myself...

Mariusz SP5GSM

[...]

Mariusz, no problem with your English. All I need for you yo do is tell me what does the white highlight color mean? 73.

On 07/29/2020 3:31 PM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

I hope that my English is sufficient enough to explain what I means. In other words: please try to configure cherry-picking not to call station from your continent even though you've never worked with this particular station.
73 Mariusz

Bob

Mariusz, please do not think like Jan Lukasiewicz. The logic is simple, it is not Reverse Polish Notations ... You have checked the option to show only European stations that are highlighted. I look at the picture and I see EU stations highlighted in white. I don't know what a white highlight means, but it is highlighted. The question is why is it highlighted? I have asked twice, but no reply. What is a white highlight? If you move the mouse over the callsign the tooltip will tell you what is special and why it is highlighted. So please tell me why the EU stations are highlighted white? 73.

On 07/29/2020 3:19 PM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

Now see what happens right after update to v.420. The Cherry-picking start instatly and calls every stations that are not in my log, not worked on band and suchlike. But I don't change my configuration! I still have checked "block (...) from my Continent"! I don't want to call stations from Europe, I need stations outside EU. What happens? What is the difference? The only difference from my point of view is the L32 update to current version.

Mariusz SP5GSM

I hope that my English is sufficient enough to explain what I means. In other words: please try to configure cherry-picking not to call station from your continent even though you've never worked with this particular station.
73 Mariusz

Mariusz SP5GSM

Now see what happens right after update to v.420. The Cherry-picking start instatly and calls every stations that are not in my log, not worked on band and suchlike. But I don't change my configuration! I still have checked "block (...) from my Continent"! I don't want to call stations from Europe, I need stations outside EU. What happens? What is the difference? The only difference from my point of view is the L32 update to current version.

Mariusz SP5GSM

OK. There is a picture with L32 v.416. There are some callsigns visible I have no QSO with. But I don't want to call them, because they all are European stations - maybe some other time but not now. Now I'd like to call any station outside Europe, but there are no such station recieved. That's why Cherry-picking is waiting and does not perform any call, because all visible stations are from the same Continent that my station.

Bob

If the callsign is highlighted then if is correct to show it. What is the meaning of the highlight color? 73.

On 07/29/2020 1:23 PM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

Thank you for the swift reply. The problem is that the callsigns are highlighted the same way both in previous version 416 and 420. There are no difference visible. The only difference is that Cherry-picking acts like when the "Block ... from your Continent" is not checked, even though it is checked in fact. Now I use v.416 that's why I can't take a screenshot you asked. Of course I can upgrade L32 once again and take it for you, but I think the faster way would be if you try to configure your current version for block cherry-picking stations from your continent and see what happen.

Mariusz SP5GSM

Thank you for the swift reply. The problem is that the callsigns are highlighted the same way both in previous version 416 and 420. There are no difference visible. The only difference is that Cherry-picking acts like when the "Block ... from your Continent" is not checked, even though it is checked in fact. Now I use v.416 that's why I can't take a screenshot you asked. Of course I can upgrade L32 once again and take it for you, but I think the faster way would be if you try to configure your current version for block cherry-picking stations from your continent and see what happen.

Bob

A picture showing the UDP BandMap with decoded callsigns/gridsquares that are not highlighted might be helpful. Then move the mouse over the callsign and see the tooltip (how/why is that callsign highlighted?) Do the same with the grigsquare (how/why is the gridsquare highlighted?) SeventyThree(s).

On 07/29/2020 11:50 AM Mariusz SP5GSM <sp5ot25swl0960@...> wrote:

Hi
Since the update of my Log32 to v.418 I have a problem with the Cherry-picking feature embedded in WSJT/JTDX UDP Band Map. I usually have checked "Block callsigns/gridsquares with no highlight from my Continent". Thanks to this I've picked-up only true DX'es for my station, but now this feature doesn't work. Now the Cherry-picking functionality calls station from EU despite "Block (...) from my Continent" is still checked, and there is no difference if it is checked or not. I performed rollback to v.416 and the "Block (...) from my Continent" feature now works perfectly.
The problem still occurs both in v.419 and v.420 so I decided to remain at v.416, but I hope you can find any remedy for this issue.

--
Vy 73! from Mariusz SP5GSM

Mariusz SP5GSM