Topics

Name not being logged when using WSJT-X

Bob

I installed WSJT-X v2.2.2 and made some 20M FT8 contacts. I see this:

13:24:57 Cherry-picking AK4AG started
AK4AG sent: CQ AK4AG FM18
AK4AG not worked on 20M/FT8
13:24:57 Sent message to WSJT-X to call AK4AG
13:25:00 WSJT-X is transmitting to AK4AG
13:25:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to AK4AG
13:25:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to AK4AG
13:26:26 AK4AG replied: K4CY AK4AG -02
13:26:30 WSJT-X is transmitting to AK4AG
13:26:56 AK4AG replied: K4CY AK4AG RR73
13:27:00 WSJT-X is transmitting to AK4AG
13:27:04 AK4AG QSO logged
13:28:03 WSJT-X has stopped calling
13:28:03 Cherry-picking AK4AG ended *12
13:28:03 Sent Tx Halt message to WSJT-X

This contact was logged with name, but you will notice that after receiving the RR73 from AK4AG WSJT-X logged the QSO (Logger32 automatically clicked the Log QSO prompt window) sent 73 and took a lunch break. This contact was with TX1 enabled.

13:43:27 Cherry-picking TI2ALF started
TI2ALF sent: CQ TI2ALF EJ79
TI2ALF not worked on 20M/FT8
13:43:27 Sent message to WSJT-X to call TI2ALF
13:43:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to TI2ALF
13:43:56 TI2ALF replied: K4CY TI2ALF -12
13:43:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to TI2ALF
13:44:26 TI2ALF replied: K4CY TI2ALF RR73
13:44:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to TI2ALF
13:44:32 TI2ALF QSO logged
13:45:29 TI2ALF sent: WN2E TI2ALF -07
13:45:29 Not even time for a quick 73?
13:45:29 Sent Tx Halt message to WSJT-X
13:45:29 Cherry-picking TI2ALF ended *1

Again, with this contact after receipt of RR7 from TI2ALF WSJT-X logged the QSO, sent 73, and took a siesta. Name was logged. Again, for this contact, Logger32 clicked the Log QSO prompt  and TX1 enabled on WSJT-X. Lets try some contacts with TX1 disabled (my preferred operation setting).

13:52:27 Cherry-picking K4PRO started
K4PRO sent: CQ K4PRO EL87
K4PRO not worked on 20M/FT8
13:52:27 Sent message to WSJT-X to call K4PRO
13:52:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to K4PRO
13:52:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to K4PRO
13:53:26 K4PRO sent: K6JDC K4PRO RR73
13:53:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to K4PRO
13:53:56 K4PRO replied: K4CY K4PRO R+01
13:53:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to K4PRO
13:54:02 K4PRO QSO logged
13:54:26 K4PRO replied: K4CY K4PRO 73
13:54:26 Sent Tx Halt message to WSJT-X
13:54:26 Cherry-picking K4PRO ended with 73

For this contact, with TX1 disabled, WSJT-X behaved as I would expect, after receiving R+01 it replied with RR73, logged the QSO (Logger32 clicked the Log QSO window) and waited for the final 73 from K4PRO. The name was logged.

3:54:59 Cherry-picking W5W started
W5W sent: CQ W5W EL29
W5W not worked on 20M/FT8
13:54:59 Sent message to WSJT-X to call W5W
13:54:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to W5W
13:55:29 WSJT-X is transmitting to W5W
13:55:56 W5W replied: K4CY W5W R-13
13:55:59 WSJT-X is transmitting to W5W
13:56:26 W5W replied: K4CY W5W 73
13:56:26 Sent Tx Halt message to WSJT-X
13:56:26 Cherry-picking W5W ended with 73

Again, this contact followed the sequence I would expect. No lunch break, and name was logged.

Test concluded. WSJT-X uninstalled. SeventyThree(s).

Phill Morris (G6EES)

Bob

That’s very good news that your L32 is logging the operator name for a QSO via WSJT-X

In a reply you gave to me on Monday 20th you said I think you'll find the when using WSJT none of the additional information is logged.” So based on your test results below, L32 does not work the way you described on July 20th (which is very good news).

But me and other people don’t experience the same result as you (i.e. for us, the name is not stored)

Is there some kind of diagnostic or debug file(s) that I can send you so that you could see what is different in the way my setup is working. Maybe I could also send you a file containing the configuration of both L32 and WSJT-X.

Hopefully you will then be able to see what is set wrong (or different) in my system

If there are such files, then please tell me how to enable them and where each are stored.

I will then do the same tests as you and then forward these files to you

Hope this is OK with you

Thanks again

Phill G6EES

________________________.

[...]

Phil, yes you quoted me accurately. However to keep it in contest, I also said something like 'I haven't tested in a long time', or 'when I last tested' ... So yes, it appears WSJT-X has in their latest release addressed the issue of premature dropping of TxEnabled (which of course they denied as being problematic when I raised (no pun intended) the issue with them.

If you have the UDP BandMap option to LOG ADDITIONAL INFO FROM THE LOGBOOK ENTRY WINDOW checked, and the name field in the Logbook Entry Window when the QSO is logged, then the same cut/paste text from the Cherry-picker event viewer should adequately reveal the sequence of events.

SeventyThree(s).

On 07/25/2020 11:25 AM Phill Morris (G6EES) <phill.morris@...> wrote:

[...]

Damian M0BKV

Something I did last week which resulted in thinking I had replaced the old version of L32Lookup with the new one. But I hadn't.
I had 2x folders 1x folder at the top of my C drive in use by Logger32 the other, identical, inside the main Logger32 folder. The former was the folder Logger32 used but I replaced the application inside the folder within the main Logger32 folder but not in use.
I wondered why there was no change in the way L32lookup was working.

Rick Ellison

Open the L32 Internet Lookup window and then click toolbox then setup External module. Look at see exactly what path Logger32 is pointing to. That will be the one that gets loaded from Logger32 when a lookup is called..

73 Rick N2AMG