Topics

Error importing adif file

André C

Hello, I have a problem.  When importing an adi file in logger32, I got a message saying error in CNTY field.  I opened the BAD.ADI file and  looked carefully in that field and I can't figure it out.  As I understand, the number represents the length of the field, but everything seems OK to me.  Can someone please take a look at my file and let me know what is going on ?  IM I blind or what ?   Thank You in advance to anyone who is willing to help me.

73 André VE2WNF

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

--
73 de VE2WNF

Bob

I see these entries:

<cnty:20>VA,Newport News city
<cnty:17>LA,Rapides Parish
<cnty:23>MD,District of Columbia

Look here  http://countyhunter.com/counties1.htm for the definitive list of Counties/State ... You will see there is no County called Newport News City in Virginia, or County called District of Colombia in Maryland ... Now for Rapides Parish in Louisiana. It's on the list, why was it rejected? Simple, I am in the State of Georgia and my County is Paulding, so for me it's GA,Paulding (Note - Not GA,Paulding County). Louisiana use Parish instead of County. So, in the second example above, it os LA,Rapides (Note- Not LA,Rapides Parish). OK, are we having fun yet? SeventyThree(s).

On June 5, 2020 at 2:11 PM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

Hello, I have a problem.  When importing an adi file in logger32, I got a message saying error in CNTY field.  I opened the BAD.ADI file and  looked carefully in that field and I can't figure it out.  As I understand, the number represents the length of the field, but everything seems OK to me.  Can someone please take a look at my file and let me know what is going on ?  IM I blind or what ?   Thank You in advance to anyone who is willing to help me.

73 André VE2WNF

Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com

--
73 de VE2WNF

André C

OK Bob, Thank you for showing that to me since I don't live in the US I was unaware of that.  So, What I should replace Newport News City  for ?  Which county is the closest to that ?

Thank You

--
73 de VE2WNF

Bob

Sorry, I can't answer your Question. I went to the County Hunters website: https://www.countyhunter.com/ and clicked on the link to 'Independent Cities', but it goes nowhere. Maybe they don't know either. SeventyThree(s).

On June 5, 2020 at 6:49 PM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

OK Bob, Thank you for showing that to me since I don't live in the US I was unaware of that.  So, What I should replace Newport News City  for ?  Which county is the closest to that ?

Thank You

--
73 de VE2WNF

Darl DEEDS

Newport News City should be placed in York County for the County Hunters.

I will advise the appropriate persons of the failed link  Thanks

Darl  NA8W

Great Lakes MARAC Director

Sorry, I can't answer your Question. I went to the County Hunters website: https://www.countyhunter.com/ and clicked on the link to 'Independent Cities', but it goes nowhere. Maybe they don't know either. SeventyThree(s).

On June 5, 2020 at 6:49 PM André C <acme9283@...> wrote:

OK Bob, Thank you for showing that to me since I don't live in the US I was unaware of that.  So, What I should replace Newport News City  for ?  Which county is the closest to that ?

Thank You

--
73 de VE2WNF

Dave Hobro

André,
One thing I have found useful for resolving questions about which county/parish a station is in is my copy of the Rand McNally USA road atlas.  Each of the counties/parishes are marked on the state map with the local boundary and also listed in the gazetteer on each page.  OK. Rand McNally may not be the purists choice but it has worked for me resolving  which county a station was in.

73's

Dave, G4IDF