Topics

L32 - WJST-X - JTAlert - Rig Control

Bob

Not exactly sure what eQSL is (see NOTE below the picture), but if you're interested in mainstream QSLing, see this. SeventyThree(s).

NOTE: Many years ago someone sent me a picture of the eQSL user/subscriber demographics. The pie chart was convienently rotated to such an angle as to make the overwhelming Logger32 majority of users look as small as possible. C'est la vie.

On May 31, 2020 at 7:51 PM "Larry Van Horn - Radio (N5FPW)" <n5fpw@...> wrote:

I agree re: UDP additional display items. Damian. I use JTAlert to show me who is using eqsl so I can work them for possible county hunting. That said, thank you to Bob and Aki for your comments. I will certainly give JTDX a whirl and will use the UDP BandMap. I saw that in the help.pdf and will give it a spin. Always willing to try a new configuration.

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments.

73 de Larry, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC

Larry Van Horn - Radio (N5FPW)

I agree re: UDP additional display items. Damian. I use JTAlert to show me who is using eqsl so I can work them for possible county hunting. That said, thank you to Bob and Aki for your comments. I will certainly give JTDX a whirl and will use the UDP BandMap. I saw that in the help.pdf and will give it a spin. Always willing to try a new configuration.

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments.

73 de Larry, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC

Damian M0BKV

I tried JTAlert and got it to work with WJST.x AND Logger32 BUT you have to stop Logged32 having any rig control and also manually log the QSO in L32. NOT recommended AND anyway Logger32 does everything needed for most of us. It would be good if the UDP band plan could also show States needed or other Primary Award items as well as Gridsquares. Not greatly important though as I think Logger32  does virtually all else JDAlert does.

ja1nlx

Larry

Basically one com port can not be shared at same time.
If you start wsjtx from UDP BandMap "Start" menu then Logger32 close radio port first then
run wsjtx.
If you close wsjtx from "Stop" menu in UDP BandMap then Logger32 open radio port again.

UDP BandMap has an option "Allow wsjt/jtdx to set Logger32 frequency/mode" However you
use JTAleart and I do not know if this works or not.

My suggestion is to use JTDX without JTAleart instead of wsjtx. Logger32 provide everything
without JTAleart and feature I explain above.

73

On 2020/06/01 6:43, Larry Van Horn - Radio (N5FPW) wrote:
I absolutely love the L32/WSJT-X/JTAlert combo. I have everything set up to log out of JTAlert to L32. My Icom IC-7200 feeds rig control etc to WSJT-X via my one com port 6.
The one thing I would like to see is L32 getting freq/band changes automatically from WSJT-X instead of me manually changing it.

My question does anyone know of a way or a setup that I can use with the combo above that will accept freq/band changes to L32 from either the rig or WSJT-X..I have a couple of ideas, but before I start digging in, I wondered if any of you may have some thoughts on this? No need to reinvent the wheel if there is a proven way to handle that function.

Thanks and 73 de Larry, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC

I have absolutely no idea what JTAlert is, or how/why you have it connected, but from a purely Logger32 perspective ... if WSJT and Logger32 are connected by UDP, then on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG and check the ALLOW WSJT/JTDX TO SET LOGGER32 FREQUENCY/MODE. And, FWIW, my piddling around shows JTDX is way better than WSJT and much more user friendly. SeventyThree(s).