Topics

Telnet Problem

EI6AL

I use logger 32 at the home qth and on a laptop for remote.  Both now give an error message when the program starts up: error on connect to localhost port 27754 (111).  Guess this is external to logger.32 but wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any ideas?

Gary Hinson

Hi EI-ham

That message suggest that you may have been using a local DXcluster system, perhaps an SDR/skimmer or VE7CC’s Cluster User program, on Localhost:27754 … but for some reason that port is no longer in use.

To check/change the Telnet host and port settings, open the Telnet window and Local tab, then right-click à Setup à Setup remote hosts:

That opens the settings form which is fairly self-explanatory:

Type the info in the white boxes then click Add current entry to save it.  Shortcut is whatever name you like for the connection.

To connect directly to a DXcluster node on the Web, you’ll need to put its Telnet address and port in the Remote host and Port boxes – for example   cluster.g3ldi.co.uk    port 7000

To connect to a local DXcluster node running on the same PC as Logger32, use “localhost” (or “127.0.0.1”) as the Remote host address while the Port is determined by the DXcluster application you are running – often 7300 or 7373.  I don’t know where your 27754 port came from.

Having done that, click Connect to [shortcut] and go through the login process to start receiving DXcluster spots.