Topics

LBP2 - Na3P - WSJT-X

Jim Ciurczak

Just installed a LP-PAN-2 along with the Na3P SDR software.Rig is the FTdx-5000.  Managed to have Logger32 and the SDR software talk to each other and the rig and work just fine through the virtual port in LBP2. What I can't get to work is using WSJT-X through Logger32 which I was able to do prior to this. I've tried assigning a virtual Com Port to WST-X through LBP2 but no luck.
Wondering if anyone might have the same set up and would be able to help me out?
Jim K2QB

Bob

Jim, too much stuff, way too much stuff ... You said:  What I can't get to work is using WSJT-X through Logger32 which I was able to do prior to this

WSJT & Logger32 do not talk to each other by serial port. Either WSJT controls the radio or Logger32 controls the radio. Or, as in my configuration, neither has radio control. WSJT & Logger32 talk to each other by UDP messages on port 2237. Unless LP-PAN-2 and/or Na3P has locked down port 2237, Logger32 and WSJT should be blissfully unaware of all your stuff. SeventyThree(s).

On January 24, 2020 at 1:50 PM Jim Ciurczak <nfjimc@...> wrote:

Just installed a LP-PAN-2 along with the Na3P SDR software.Rig is the FTdx-5000.  Managed to have Logger32 and the SDR software talk to each other and the rig and work just fine through the virtual port in LBP2. What I can't get to work is using WSJT-X through Logger32 which I was able to do prior to this. I've tried assigning a virtual Com Port to WST-X through LBP2 but no luck.
Wondering if anyone might have the same set up and would be able to help me out?
Jim K2QB

Jim Ciurczak

Thanks Bob, well I thought the UDP communication was how they worked in unison but for some reason if I connect only Logger32 to the rig via the LBP2 bridge software, WSJT-X no longer communicates to Logger32. I lose all CAT connections and freq control. So I'm guessing something within LBP2 is the cause. I'll try experimenting a bit more.

As always thanks for your quick reply and help.

Jim K2QB

Bob

Jim, the UDP messages between WSJT and Logger32 are how the two programs talk to each other. Also, both WSJT and Logger32 can talk to the radio (but not at the same time) by serial port. Exactly what is the object of the exercise? What do you want to connect to where? SeventyThree(s).

On January 24, 2020 at 7:10 PM Jim Ciurczak <nfjimc@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob, well I thought the UDP communication was how they worked in unison but for some reason if I connect only Logger32 to the rig via the LBP2 bridge software, WSJT-X no longer communicates to Logger32. I lose all CAT connections and freq control. So I'm guessing something within LBP2 is the cause. I'll try experimenting a bit more.

As always thanks for your quick reply and help.

Jim K2QB

Jim Ciurczak

Trying to have Logger32 work in conjunction with the Na3P Panadapter software and WSJT-X. Using the LBP-2 bridging software they Logger32 and Na3P work fine in talking to the rig and sharing the com port for CAT control. But if I launch WSJT it indicates a Ham Lib rig error and will not communicate with the rig. I was able to get it working briefly at times but it would always return an error indicating a data collision. I'm guessing that WSJT doesn't like sharing the com port.

Jim K2QB

Bob

I suspect WSJT & my third wife have a lot in common. They either want to be in charge, or they won't talk to you. SeventyThree(s).

On January 26, 2020 at 9:36 AM Jim Ciurczak <nfjimc@...> wrote:

Trying to have Logger32 work in conjunction with the Na3P Panadapter software and WSJT-X. Using the LBP-2 bridging software they Logger32 and Na3P work fine in talking to the rig and sharing the com port for CAT control. But if I launch WSJT it indicates a Ham Lib rig error and will not communicate with the rig. I was able to get it working briefly at times but it would always return an error indicating a data collision. I'm guessing that WSJT doesn't like sharing the com port.

Jim K2QB

Jim Ciurczak

LOL.....nice one Bob!

Jim K2QB

Barry GM4GIF

...... could be worse Bob, she could be comparing notes with your previous !

Cheers

Barry / gm4gif

Bob

... or current one. 73.

On January 26, 2020 at 11:56 AM Barry Lyons <gm4gif@...> wrote:

...... could be worse Bob, she could be comparing notes with your previous !

Cheers

Barry / gm4gif

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

So, gentlemen, is is possible to mate all three: radio (FTDX5k), L32 and WSJT? From written above I understand it could be done by using the UDP, please explain how to configure it.

I have exactly the same setup as Jim, including LPB2 and "I was able to do prior to this."

73,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Bob

It is a three step process:

1) Google GITHUB LOGGER32 and download the latest Help file in your preferred format.
2) Configure Logger32 and your radio
3) Add WSJT to the configuration

SeventyThree(s).

PS. I strongly recommend you use JTDX in preference to WSJT.

On February 8, 2020 at 9:54 AM "Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF" <4z1uf@...> wrote:

So, gentlemen, is is possible to mate all three: radio (FTDX5k), L32 and WSJT? From written above I understand it could be done by using the UDP, please explain how to configure it.

I have exactly the same setup as Jim, including LPB2 and "I was able to do prior to this."

73,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Darren Collins (G0TSM)

I use Omni-Rig between LPB2 and JTDX.

FTDX5K >> LPB2

LPB2 >> L32
LPB2 >> Omni-Rig (CW Skimmer & JTDX)
LPB2 >> NaP3

In JTDX I select Omni-Rig 1 as the radio, I presume this is the same in WSJT-X.

73 Darren G0TSM

On 08/02/20 14:54, Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF wrote:
So, gentlemen, is is possible to mate all three: radio (FTDX5k), L32 and WSJT? From written above I understand it could be done by using the UDP, please explain how to configure it.

I have exactly the same setup as Jim, including LPB2 and "I was able to do prior to this."

73,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

I have the Help file;
Logger32 already works nicely with my radio through LPB2
Struggling with  adding WSJT to the configuration.... Will try the JTDX, simply even didn't know it exists (I'm mainly the CW guy).

Thanks so far,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

Darren,
 as I understood from above, L32 doesn't work with OmniRig!? In the above configuration you mated all of the stuff together?

73,
Ilya

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

Darren,
it just works.

Thanks a lot!

73,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Darren Collins (G0TSM)

Cool, I was about to reply, well done.

73 Darren G0TSM

On 08/02/20 15:48, Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF wrote:
Darren,
it just works.

Thanks a lot!

73,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Bob

I didn't know what LPB2 was, so I Googled it. Now I think I know what it is, but I don't know why you need it.

When you have just Logger32 and the radio, Logger32 controls the radio. Simple. When you want to run WSJT/JTDD, click the menu in Logger32. Logger32 turns off radio control, starts WSJT/JTDX. WSJT/JTDX takes control of the radio and passes frequency information to Logger32 by the UDP messages. Click the menu in Logger32 to stop WSJT/JTDX and WSJT/JTDX is stopped, Logger32 takes control of the radio and switches the radio back to the frequency/mode it was on before this silliness started. Or start the Logger32 CW Machine, WSJT/JTDX closes, Logger32 assumes radio control.

What is the extra software for? SeventyThree(s).

On February 8, 2020 at 10:38 AM "Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF" <4z1uf@...> wrote:

I have the Help file;
Logger32 already works nicely with my radio through LPB2
Struggling with  adding WSJT to the configuration.... Will try the JTDX, simply even didn't know it exists (I'm mainly the CW guy).

Thanks so far,
Ilya, 4Z1UF

Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF

Mainly historical reasons...Now, after realizing that L32 can work with WSJT w/o additional ports- only the spare port for PanAdaptor...otherwise you'll tell me L32 can work with some Pan Adaptor directly.
73,
Ilya

Bob

In addition to the CAT serial port, there is an echo port and a slave port.

The echo port simply sends (it doesn't listen ... like my 4th XYL) frequency to an external device - like an amplifier, or band switch. The message format is user configurable ... for example you can have an Icom radio connected to the CAT and send Yeasu format messages to your amplifier, and the amplifier will follow your radio.

The slave port is for connecting another receiver or transceiver. One possible use is to connect a cheap SDR (with pretty must have eye candy) to your main boat anchor transceiver. The slave port follows the frequency and mode of the main radio. Like the echo port, the message format of the slave is user configurable. You could have an Icom transceiver connected to the CAT and connect the slave port to an SDR that looks like a Kenwood. Because different radios have different have different modes (maybe one has PKT-USB and the other has DATA-U, the user can map modes so that the slave follows correctly. Unlike the echo port, the slave port is bidirectional (it can listen and talk - like my new XYL). So, you can control the main radio frequency/mode from the slave.

SeventyThree(s)..

On February 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM "Ilya Zozin,4Z1UF" <4z1uf@...> wrote:

Mainly historical reasons...Now, after realizing that L32 can work with WSJT w/o additional ports- only the spare port for PanAdaptor...otherwise you'll tell me L32 can work with some Pan Adaptor directly.
73,
Ilya

Mike

WOW…

And I just wanted to keep track of my QSO’s