Topics

"As for WSJT files, if you load the QSOs in real-time using the UDP message interface, you can auto-look up the callsign and retrieve name and state."

Gregg E

Bob or Anyone; how do you do this?  Is it in print somewhere?
I use the UDP setup to save the QSO into my logger file from WSJT but it only records the info from the WSJT screen. No auto Lookup.
Thanks
W5IDX

On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 09:10:38 AM CST, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

I have never downloaded an LoTW file, but I thought the state and some other fields were included in the record.

As for WSJT files, if you load the QSOs in real-time using the UDP message interface, you can auto-look up the callsign and retrieve name and state.

And, FWIW, I'd recommend JTDX in preference to WSJT (fewer bugs and foibles, and much better receive sensitivity). SeventyThree(s).
On January 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Marvin Stern <marbern@...> wrote:

When downloading LOTW received QSL's, how can Logger32 print state names in the State column instead of leaving it blank.
I'm mainly interested in files received from WSJT files which only contain grids, not names.
Marv, W2AOC

Bob

I have just abandoned the football (no, the round ball type) final on TV, and am on my way to bed (in disgust). The results of tonight's game not withstanding, I have two disappointments in my life that I will never overcome - First is that my third wife wasn't a nymphomaniac she promised, and second is that the hamlogger reflector proves, many times a day, that one-way-skip is real (questions are frequent, answers are rare) ... So, who want's to prove me wrong and tell everyone what/where to click the mouse? SeventyThree(s).

On January 13, 2020 at 11:04 PM "Gregg E via Groups.Io" <w5idx@...> wrote:

[...]

ja1nlx

When you type W5IDX in Logbook entry window, do you see auto lookup window ?

and Name, State etc are populated in Logbook entry window ?

If so check "Log additional info from Logbook entry window" in Config/Logging option

in UDP BandMap. This is explained in the Logger32 Help. Look at paragraph 5.0 Menu

in the section "The UDP BandMap"

If not then setup Callsign lookup first. This is explained in the Logbook window/Callsign

lookup section in the Logger32 Help.

73

On 2020/01/14 13:04, Gregg E via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Thanks you Aki, I will try that when I have some more free time.
I am already configured for Auto Lookup.
Thanks
Gregg
W5IDX

On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 12:16:27 AM CST, ja1nlx <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Wilson

I kind of have the same issue.  Please clarify this first step:

"When you type W5IDX in Logbook entry window, do you see auto lookup window ?

and Name, State etc are populated in Logbook entry window ?"

I do, but they only after I hit "return".  Is that what you mean? Or should they instantly fill in?

Bob

... not quite ... First, on the UDP BandMap window, click CONFIG and check the ENABLE CALLSIGN LOOKUP WHEN CLICKING ON WJT/JTDX. Now, when you double click on a callsign on WSJT/JTDX Band Activity window, the Logbook Entry Window in Logger32 will be populated with the callsign. Then, automagically the Callsign lookup will complete and populate the Logbook Entry Window with additional information (if you're lucky). SeventyThree(s).

On January 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:

I kind of have the same issue.  Please clarify this first step:

"When you type W5IDX in Logbook entry window, do you see auto lookup window ?

and Name, State etc are populated in Logbook entry window ?"

I do, but they only after I hit "return".  Is that what you mean? Or should they instantly fill in?

Joe Ivey

My problem is after the Log Entry Window is populated either manually or from the Lookup Window everything is fine. When I log from WSJTX, all of the information is not carried over to the Logbook. QTH, Name, and State is not logged. If I hit ENTER before logging then everything is logged.

W4JSI, Joe

... not quite ... First, on the UDP BandMap window, click CONFIG and check the ENABLE CALLSIGN LOOKUP WHEN CLICKING ON WJT/JTDX. Now, when you double click on a callsign on WSJT/JTDX Band Activity window, the Logbook Entry Window in Logger32 will be populated with the callsign. Then, automagically the Callsign lookup will complete and populate the Logbook Entry Window with additional information (if you're lucky). SeventyThree(s).

On January 20, 2020 at 4:30 PM Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:

I kind of have the same issue.  Please clarify this first step:

"When you type W5IDX in Logbook entry window, do you see auto lookup window ?

and Name, State etc are populated in Logbook entry window ?"

I do, but they only after I hit "return".  Is that what you mean? Or should they instantly fill in?

Bob

Both WSJT and JTDX work as expected for me. I recommend using JTDX, it is (IMHO) superior, and has solved the problem you report for others. SeventyThree(s).

On January 21, 2020 at 10:12 AM Joe Ivey <jivey0218@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob:

That works for me.  But for the QSO's initiated by the cherry picker, the fields are not populated.

Bob

On the UDP BandMap, click CONFIG | CHERRY-PICKING OPTIONS. Check CLEAR/ENTER LOGBOOK ENTRY WHEN SENDIGN UDP REPLY. SeventyThree(s).

On January 21, 2020 at 9:58 PM Gary Wilson <k2gw@...> wrote:

Bob:

That works for me.  But for the QSO's initiated by the cherry picker, the fields are not populated.

Gary Wilson

Thanks, Bob. That makes it work for cherry-picking.  I had misinterpreted that option.  Thanks again & 73

Gary, K2GW