Topics

QSO TIME

Paul F6EXV

Hi all
I am trying to see if it is possible to modify any field of the logging
windows BEFORE the QSO is actually logged ?
For example, how to I add an IOTA reference, how do I modify the time,
how do I add/modify a QSL manager, again, BEFORE the QSO is actually logged.
If I have to log it first, and then edit the QSO to modify field(s), it
will have already be uploaded to ClubLog and/or LoTW. This is what I do
not want to happen.

Thanks for help
73
Paul F6EXV

Bob <k4cy@...>

Like this?

When you type <ENTER> this is what is entered into the Logbook. /ti change/set the QSO Start time type CTRL+S. The help file is more than 400 pages, I recommend you read it. SeventyThree(s).

PS. To download the current Help File, Google GITHUB LOGGER32.

On January 5, 2020 at 5:17 AM Paul F6EXV < f6exv@...> wrote:

Hi all
I am trying to see if it is possible to modify any field of the logging
windows BEFORE the QSO is actually logged ?
For example, how to I add an IOTA reference, how do I modify the time,
how do I add/modify a QSL manager, again, BEFORE the QSO is actually logged.
If I have to log it first, and then edit the QSO to modify field(s), it
will have already be uploaded to ClubLog and/or LoTW. This is what I do
not want to happen.

Thanks for help
73
Paul F6EXV

Paul F6EXV

Hi
In other words, I need to log a QSO, then edit it and modify whatever I
need/want to change ?
Can I edit all the fields BEFORE logging ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

On January 5, 2020 at 5:17 AM Paul F6EXV < f6exv@hotmail.com
<mailto:f6exv@hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all
I am trying to see if it is possible to modify any field of the logging
windows BEFORE the QSO is actually logged ?
For example, how to I add an IOTA reference, how do I modify the time,
how do I add/modify a QSL manager, again, BEFORE the QSO is actually
logged.
If I have to log it first, and then edit the QSO to modify field(s), it
will have already be uploaded to ClubLog and/or LoTW. This is what I do
not want to happen.

Thanks for help
73
Paul F6EXV

ja1nlx

Paul

Before logging QSO (I mean before you hit Enter-key) you can change everything

you see in Logbook entry window.

After logging QSO you can change everything you see in Logbook page window.

73

On 2020/01/05 20:34, Paul F6EXV wrote:
[...]

No, you can edit the Logbook Entry Window as much as you like BEFORE you add the QSO to the logbook. If your QTH is Marseilles, then I can change your name to AbdulRahman, or AbuBooBoo, or whatever they call themselves down there under the palm trees. I can even change the name to Paul before I log the QSO. SeventyThree(s).

On January 5, 2020 at 6:34 AM Paul F6EXV <f6exv@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Charles

Paul,
         You can also set up the other user fields in the Log Entry Window and edit those during the Qso (or before the Qso has ended) which is very useful too.

73

Charles

Charles Wilmott (MØOXO)
60 Church Hill,
Royston, Barnsley,
South Yorkshire, S71 4NG
England,
United Kingdom

Tel ; (+44) 7900 500775

The information in this internet email is copyright of Charles Wilmott, confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of Charles Wilmott only, except where the sender specifically states these to be his own views. Access, copying, dissemination to or re-use of information in it to or by anyone else is unauthorised.

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020, 11:56 Bob, <k4cy@...> wrote:
No, you can edit the Logbook Entry Window as much as you like BEFORE you add the QSO to the logbook. If your QTH is Marseilles, then I can change your name to AbdulRahman, or AbuBooBoo, or whatever they call themselves down there under the palm trees. I can even change the name to Paul before I log the QSO. SeventyThree(s).

> On January 5, 2020 at 6:34 AM Paul F6EXV <f6exv@...> wrote:
>

> Hi
> In other words, I need to log a QSO, then edit it and modify whatever I
> need/want to change ?
> Can I edit all the fields BEFORE logging ?
> Thanks + 73
> Paul F6EXV
>
> Le 05/01/2020 à 11:30, Bob a écrit :
> > Like this?
> >

> > When you type <ENTER> this is what is entered into the Logbook. /ti
> > change/set the QSO Start time type CTRL+S. The help file is more than
> > 400 pages, I recommend you read it. SeventyThree(s).
> >
> > PS. To download the current Help File, Google GITHUB LOGGER32.
> >
> >> On January 5, 2020 at 5:17 AM Paul F6EXV < f6exv@...
> >> <mailto:f6exv@...>> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi all
> >> I am trying to see if it is possible to modify any field of the logging
> >> windows BEFORE the QSO is actually logged ?
> >> For example, how to I add an IOTA reference, how do I modify the time,
> >> how do I add/modify a QSL manager, again, BEFORE the QSO is actually
> >> logged.
> >> If I have to log it first, and then edit the QSO to modify field(s), it
> >> will have already be uploaded to ClubLog and/or LoTW. This is what I do
> >> not want to happen.
> >>
> >> Thanks for help
> >> 73
> >> Paul F6EXV

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

DR Paul,
According to your question I do assume that you key in the call sign and then hit ENTER.
If you want to log anything other than the call and 599 this is not the proper way to go.
You can decide number of fields to be filled automatially in the proper manner, e.g. the band, frequency and mode and you can have several other fields automatically filled in, either with fixed text, from the callbook (CD or Telnet) or/and from previous entries in the log. It is all up to you and you will have to set up the entry form for your preferences.
Some fields require your keying in and will not be automatically populated.
What you must do is to hit the TAB key to jump from one field to another. You can even decide the Tab jump order as you like. When you have filled in all you need, then and only then you should hit the ENTER key to log the QSO.
73 Villi
TF3VS