Topics

cw machine

Matthias Bellmann

Desparately i try to use cw machine. I read help chapter "cw machine window" back and forth, up and down, but i did not succeed.

Rig Kenwood ts590
TRX Control via COM1 is working good. E.G. when clicking a spot in cluster window the trx responds with changing freq and mode.
COM1 setup is 9600/8/1/none
polling  interval 100
Icom adress 0
used any combination of DTR/RTS and cts/rts handshaking, making no difference

cw machine software configuration:
COM1
use shared serial port for cw
use ptt switch to transmit
use radio command ptt override

The PT LED in the cw machine window  turns green during transmission and the trx responds to the ptt signal.
The keying LED  shows morse code but the trx does not respond to the cw signal

Did i miss out something? What else can i try?

Thanks for any answer

73 Matthias

Bob <k4cy@...>

You have configured COM1 to control the radio. You have configured Shared Serial port (COM1) to key the radio. Correct? How are you connecting COM1 DTR the CW keying line (Pin 4 of DB4 or Pin 20 of DB25) to the CW keying line on the radio? Look at Section 6 of the Help file section 'CW Machine'. SeventyThree(s).

On January 4, 2020 at 1:36 PM Matthias Bellmann <Dk4wd@...> wrote:

Desparately i try to use cw machine. I read help chapter "cw machine window" back and forth, up and down, but i did not succeed.

Rig Kenwood ts590
TRX Control via COM1 is working good. E.G. when clicking a spot in cluster window the trx responds with changing freq and mode.
polling  interval 100
Icom adress 0

COM1

The PT LED in the cw machine window  turns green during transmission and the trx responds to the ptt signal.

Thanks for any answer

73 Matthias

Matthias Bellmann

Hi Bob, YES COM1, YES Shared serial port.

Dont know the internal wiring of my serial cable, will check it. Thanks, you gave me an important hint.

Am 04.01.2020 um 19:54 schrieb Bob:

You have configured COM1 to control the radio. You have configured Shared Serial port (COM1) to key the radio. Correct? How are you connecting COM1 DTR the CW keying line (Pin 4 of DB4 or Pin 20 of DB25) to the CW keying line on the radio? Look at Section 6 of the Help file section 'CW Machine'. SeventyThree(s).

Rig Kenwood ts590
polling  interval 100
Icom adress 0

COM1

Thanks for any answer

73 Matthias

ja1nlx

Matthias

I believe TS590 does not support CW keying via it's serial port.

You should use Key jack in rear panel instead.

On 2020/01/05 4:14, Matthias Bellmann wrote:

Hi Bob, YES COM1, YES Shared serial port.

Dont know the internal wiring of my serial cable, will check it. Thanks, you gave me an important hint.

Am 04.01.2020 um 19:54 schrieb Bob:

Rig Kenwood ts590
polling  interval 100
Icom adress 0

COM1

Thanks for any answer

73 Matthias

--
73 de aki
JA1NLX