From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Friday, December 6, 2019 6:42 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: [hamlogger] Auto-update version 3.50.403

... is on-line, and hopefully connections to Club Log are working again. For those who operate FT4/FT8 there is a new feature added to the UDP BandMap - You can now make DX Spots by right clicking on the GRIDSQUARE column of the decoded station. To enable/setup this feature, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | DX SPOT OPTIONS. The simple option adds the mode to the comments field. The formatted option adds the mode, signal level, gridsquare, and audio offset to the DX Spot. SeventyThree(s).

Bob

Jim, I have seen this. Exactly what the cause is, I'm not sure (other than it's a bug). I'll continue to investigate. SeventyThree(s).

On December 6, 2019 at 7:02 AM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Nice, thanks Bob.  I have noticed a couple times now that when a needed gridsquare gets highlighted the text of it disappears form the UDP bandmap.  I’ll keep watching for a reoccurrence.  The highlight remained.

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

... is on-line, and hopefully connections to Club Log are working again. For those who operate FT4/FT8 there is a new feature added to the UDP BandMap - You can now make DX Spots by right clicking on the GRIDSQUARE column of the decoded station. To enable/setup this feature, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | DX SPOT OPTIONS. The simple option adds the mode to the comments field. The formatted option adds the mode, signal level, gridsquare, and audio offset to the DX Spot. SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

It also occurs with not needed gridsquares, i.e. to9w this morning, even though the gridsquare was in the udp message (debug window open), and give rise to a tooltip, it was not visible.  The invisible gridsquare also allowed me to send a cluster spot.  Hope this helps.

73

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

... is on-line, and hopefully connections to Club Log are working again. For those who operate FT4/FT8 there is a new feature added to the UDP BandMap - You can now make DX Spots by right clicking on the GRIDSQUARE column of the decoded station. To enable/setup this feature, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | DX SPOT OPTIONS. The simple option adds the mode to the comments field. The formatted option adds the mode, signal level, gridsquare, and audio offset to the DX Spot. SeventyThree(s).

Jim Altman

I guess one other though.  When I tick “Block callsigns with no highlight from my country” in UDP Config, callsigns with the grid highlighted are not included what gets shown.  That might be nice to have.

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman

jaltman636@...

... is on-line, and hopefully connections to Club Log are working again. For those who operate FT4/FT8 there is a new feature added to the UDP BandMap - You can now make DX Spots by right clicking on the GRIDSQUARE column of the decoded station. To enable/setup this feature, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | DX SPOT OPTIONS. The simple option adds the mode to the comments field. The formatted option adds the mode, signal level, gridsquare, and audio offset to the DX Spot. SeventyThree(s).

larry fields

hello I been still running into problems with the lookup L32 and am asking if this is the normal route. Keeps coming up with a comment unable to find QRZ Module.. When I look in the settings for external module I find this in the settings. (C:\Logger32\XMLLookup.exe). is there a different pne I am a QRZ Subscriber.

Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES
n6hpx/du1@...

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz & 7165 khz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz
(0900,1100 & 2300 utc)
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 11:41 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:
... is on-line, and hopefully connections to Club Log are working again. For those who operate FT4/FT8 there is a new feature added to the UDP BandMap - You can now make DX Spots by right clicking on the GRIDSQUARE column of the decoded station. To enable/setup this feature, on the UDP BandMap click CONFIG | DX SPOT OPTIONS. The simple option adds the mode to the comments field. The formatted option adds the mode, signal level, gridsquare, and audio offset to the DX Spot. SeventyThree(s).

Rick Ellison

That is a very old version of the lookup that no longer works. Go to my website http://www.n2amg.com/software/l32lookups-for-logger32/ and on the page that opens download the L32Lookups full install. Install it on your computer it defaults to c:\L32lookups directory. After doing that open Logger32 and click on the 7th icon from the right on the top toolbar. When the window opens click the Toolbox menu and then click Setup External module. When that window opens on the line that is configured click the browse button and navigate to where you just installed L32Lookups and select L32Lookups.exe once you have done that click the start button and close out the windows. Now do a lookup of your own call by entering it in the Callsign window and pressing tab. The first time the program runs it should open the setup window where you enter the lookup type (XML) and enter in your username and password…

73 Rick N2AMG

[...]

is the updater always slow down loading seems to take a while to finish