Topics

Please Help: Logger 32 Stopped Working

germdoc@...

Please Note: I'm a "new kid on the block" and not very tech savvy so please be gentle. LOL I have been running the 3.50.367 version without any difficulties. At the urging ( and against my rule if it's working, just leave it alone) of a friend I attempted yesterday to update to the latest version. I was not happy with it as it just didn't seem to work properly. So I went into Tools and went back to my prior 3.50.367 version. It seemed to work OK just as it always did. However today  when I attempted to open up my Logger 32 it would briefly open and start the "Exceptions" then a popup showed saying "Logger 32 has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." It would not let me do anything other than close out the program. I do backup my logs every Sunday on thumb drives in duplicate, and my entire computer gets backed up on an external drive. I am looking for advise on how best to rectify this situation. Not being very tech savvy I'm in a bit of a panic even though I believe I'm backed up. Please help and advise. Thank you ever so much......Mitch KI4TSI

Bob

The first thing to do is don't panic. If necessary, put a paper bag over your head and breathe deeply. Panicing will cause you to do silly things ... Was this error a one of occurrence? Did you try again with the same result? Try this ... Edit the Logger32.INI file with NotePad. Find this entry [Globals]  Somewhere below this you will find  Enable Club Log Auto Update=True change it to  Enable Club Log Auto Update=False  Save the change and close NotePad. What you have done is disable the Club Log exceptions lookup so that with luck Logger32 will run now.  As to what the actual problem is, I have no idea. But I encourage you to go back to the latest version (3.50.142) it is much more stable and has numerous bug fixes. SeventyThree(s).

On November 26, 2019 at 1:05 PM germdoc@... wrote:

[...]

... and somewhere between version 3.50.367 and 3.50.403 there was a database change to support the ADIF MODE/SUBMODE concept. As part of the update, a Recalculation of Statistics was required. If/when you are able to get Logger32 running again (regardless of which version), I recommend you Recalculate your logbook stats. SeventyThree(s).