Topics

FT8 bug after last update .401


Mike
 

FT8 when wsjtx stops transmitting in L32 logbook entry window is cleared. When I click Enable TX in wsjtx, it is filled with callsign and requesting qrz.com for a data. Than wiped, than filled and so on. I'm not qrz.com subscriber so it is a big issue for me. Also generates unnecessary traffic for them.
Mike


Bob
 

Try this: Click SETUP | AUTO LOOKUP and UNcheck the option AUTO INTERNET CALLSIGN LOOKUP (EXTERNAL). SeventyThree(s).

On November 18, 2019 at 3:01 AM Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

FT8 when wsjtx stops transmitting in L32 logbook entry window is cleared. When I click Enable TX in wsjtx, it is filled with callsign and requesting qrz.com for a data. Than wiped, than filled and so on. I'm not qrz.com subscriber so it is a big issue for me. Also generates unnecessary traffic for them.
Mike

 


Mike
 

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 09:56 AM, Bob wrote:
Try this: Click SETUP | AUTO LOOKUP and UNcheck the option AUTO INTERNET CALLSIGN LOOKUP (EXTERNAL). SeventyThree(s).
Now it does not look for qrz.com data at all.
It was working fine in .400, in .401 every time wsjtx have disabled TX logbook entry window is wiped from callsign, tx enable in wsjtx - callsign appears back. It wasn't working that way in .400
Mike


Bob
 

Mike, I am thoroughly confused (it's easy to do). What exactly do you want? You want auto-lookup of callsigns when you click on a DX spot, you want auto-lookup of callsigns you manually enter in the logbook entry window, but you dont want auto-lookup of callsigns you are QSOing on WSJT-X? Do I understand correctly. 73

On November 18, 2019 at 4:08 AM Mike <ch25@...> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 09:56 AM, Bob wrote:
Try this: Click SETUP | AUTO LOOKUP and UNcheck the option AUTO INTERNET CALLSIGN LOOKUP (EXTERNAL). SeventyThree(s).
Now it does not look for qrz.com data at all.
It was working fine in .400, in .401 every time wsjtx have disabled TX logbook entry window is wiped from callsign, tx enable in wsjtx - callsign appears back. It wasn't working that way in .400
Mike

 


Mike
 

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 03:05 AM, Bob wrote:
What exactly do you want?
To have it working the way it was till 401 patch.
I'm not sure if I was clear explaining issue, I will make a video later, showing what is the difference.
Best regards, Mike