larry fields

Hello I somehow lost my log on my laptop and tried 2 times to recover it. When I download from the website it says I am not authorized to use this program.

Is there a different one. I am using windows 10 on my computer which is a Flex-4 Ideapad and I been using this for 2 yrs.

any suggestions.

Larry Fields
du1/n6hpx

Bob

Larry, what program are you trying to download? 73.

On September 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Hello I somehow lost my log on my laptop and tried 2 times to recover it. When I download from the website it says I am not authorized to use this program.

Is there a different one. I am using windows 10 on my computer which is a Flex-4 Ideapad and I been using this for 2 yrs.

any suggestions.

Larry Fields
du1/n6hpx

larry fields

this one  the that's on the website.  USA version it  says (lgr32full3500). I am not sure why this happened is as I did before when it disappeared ,and again 2nd time this has disappeared and it came back on the first one.
Thanks and 73
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Office:(63)46-571-5687
cell:    (63)916-756-7781
member:
American Radio Relay League W1AW
Philippine Amatuer Radio Association DX1PAR
Philippine Radio Pyramid Society DX1PRS
owner:
LICENSED HAM RADIO OP:
DX1PRS GROUP 145.340 mhz
DX1PAR HF NET  7095.00 khz & 7165.0 khz
DU1/N6HPX:QRX DX1PAR 7095
DX1PRS 7165 khz evening
DX1PRS 145.340 mhz
DX1L 431.9,
SIMPLEX 144.6, 145.600
2M 144.225 SSB ,
APRS n6hpx(-08) HT Satellite (-02)
SATELLITE:
APRS N6HPX-2 GATEWAY

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 12:46 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Larry, what program are you trying to download? 73.

On September 16, 2019 at 8:25 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

Hello I somehow lost my log on my laptop and tried 2 times to recover it. When I download from the website it says I am not authorized to use this program.

Is there a different one. I am using windows 10 on my computer which is a Flex-4 Ideapad and I been using this for 2 yrs.

any suggestions.

Larry Fields
du1/n6hpx

larry fields

the last time this happened I reloaded it and everything came back like before including the stations I worked, but for some reason it did it again. Not sure if its the computer or the AVG program I have that may have deleted it.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 12:25 PM larry fields via Groups.Io <n6hpx1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello I somehow lost my log on my laptop and tried 2 times to recover it. When I download from the website it says I am not authorized to use this program.

Is there a different one. I am using windows 10 on my computer which is a Flex-4 Ideapad and I been using this for 2 yrs.

any suggestions.

Larry Fields
du1/n6hpx

Jim Hargrave

Larry,

Click on the DATE header in the logbook. You may have it sorted on a field without entries.

Jim – w5ifp-

[...]

FOR SOME REASON WHEN I LOAD IT IT CLAIMS THERE IS A REGISTRATION PROBLEM. BUT WHEN I TRY TO GO AS ADMIN IT COMES OFF SAYING THIS APP CAN'T NOT BE RUN ON THE COMPUTER. FUNNY AS I RAN IT FOR OVER 3 YRS.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 2:17 PM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

[...]

Not sure what I can do/say to help. Let me know. 73.

On September 16, 2019 at 10:24 AM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry, I have downloaded/installed the 3.5.00 version. No problems here. Exactly what is the error you are seeing (a picture would be nice). 73.

[...]

If you are referring to the following, Click on “Ignore” The file is not needed.

This error has always been in ver 3.50.00 installation file.

Jim – w5ifp-

[...]

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT AFTER LOADING IT A BOX POPS UP ON MY SCREEN SAYING THIS APP CAN NOT BE USED.FUNNY AS I USED IT FOR 3 YRS..NOT SURE IF ITS THE FLEX COMPUTER OR JUST THE SOFTWARE..

WILL KEEP TESTING

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:17 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Can we see a picture please? 73.

On September 16, 2019 at 6:24 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

I did this many times Jim and it still comes up saying the APP can't be used.

[...]

... and if you click the ignore button (like Jim said)? SeventyThree(s).

On September 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM larry fields <n6hpx1@...> wrote:

[...]

I did that a blue screen pops up on my computer and says this APP can not be used on this PC which is strange as I used it on this PC for more than 3 yrs. I will keep trying it.

Thanks and 73/72

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:30 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

... I looked at the error message again... it says 'and error occurred registering the file ... blah blah'. It says nothing about 'this APP can't be used ...". What happens if you take Jims advice and click the IGNORE button? SeventyThree(s).

[...]

I found only one problem so far. I am not sure if this had anything to do what I saw on my screen here where it said I could not use it (the APP ocmnment). But in trying to get it back I found in my computer it had multiple programs of the same and I deleted those. When it still gave me the problem I deleted the whole program and then re-downloaded it. I can't understand why this happened this way. But its back to normal. I do know it disappeared from the computer one time before, but I never saw that CAN'T USE THIS APP on the screen before.

I also know I can't say much more as I got blasted when I asked for help from a earlier problem which I still haven't done yet.

Thanks to all and 72
Larry Fields: du1/n6hpx
Manila PHILIPPINES

Retired looking for more work
Military Sealift Command Naval Service

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 10:34 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim when I deleted the program that comment never came up..it by passed it but now its working. Again I am not sure why it happened, maybe it occured with my AVG program that searches for certain files and it may have cleared it out. So now I will add the QSO contacts and will also find a back up log to keep just for emergencies..Like I do with most programs.

[...]

I’m glad you got it working.

I suggest a weekly log backup. I do mine on a backup drive.

If you upload to LOTW, eQSL and/or Clublog, these are a good source for re-building your logbook.

Jim – w5ifp-

[...]

Thanks and still trying to figure it out its happened more than once but not where the APP box came up on my screen. My son mentioned my computer is like a tablet it holds 60 gigs and it might of had some issues.

Tomorrow my Dell comes back from the shop..it had to be repaired after being nearly dead for 3 yrs..different story..

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:56 PM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

[...]

Also may sound old fashion but its also why I use the paper log as back up as well..maybe tedious but it works