Topics

E-mail alerts based on localy decoded (WSJT-X) call that is new dxcc per band/mode

Jim Altman

That setting is not available if you use two step authentication, however, you can get there by creating an app password. That also works.

Thanks, got it working. 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io <hamlogger@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 2:59 PM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] E-mail alerts based on localy decoded (WSJT-X) call that is new dxcc per band/mode

Jim, if you're trying to setup GMail, then see this from the Help file:

The default setting is for Gmail. The Gmail security is set to allow less secure apps to access Gmail. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and turn it ON.

SeventyThree(s).

On July 22, 2019 at 1:23 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob, got it. I seem to be having some trouble with my tls only servers, but I will play and get something figured out.

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] E-mail alerts based on localy decoded (WSJT-X) call that is new dxcc per band/mode

Right click on the DX Spot Window. Click SETUP | SETUP DX SPOT ALERTS (SMS/EMAIL/SCRATCHPAD). If you are going to use this for UDP Decode station alterts, then UNcheck all checkboxes. Optionally, check this one - CHECK THIS IF YOUR EMAIL ALERTS ARE BEING BLOCKED AS SPAM. SeventyThree(s).

On July 22, 2019 at 11:26 AM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Sounds neat. I see the menu item in UDP but where do I tell it what my email address is?

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 10:27 AM

Enjoy!

On July 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM "Chris.9A2X" <chris.9a2x@...> wrote:

It works. Already got new one this weekend thanks to this new feature. I recommend to everyone who chase to turn on 'Enable SMS/eMail messages for new Country/Band/Mode' option in WSJT-X window. Tnx, 73.

Bob

Jim, if you're trying to setup GMail, then see this from the Help file:

The default setting is for Gmail. The Gmail security is set to allow less secure apps to access Gmail. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and turn it ON.

SeventyThree(s).

On July 22, 2019 at 1:23 PM Jim Altman <jaltman636@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob, got it. I seem to be having some trouble with my tls only servers, but I will play and get something figured out.

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Right click on the DX Spot Window. Click SETUP | SETUP DX SPOT ALERTS (SMS/EMAIL/SCRATCHPAD). If you are going to use this for UDP Decode station alterts, then UNcheck all checkboxes. Optionally, check this one - CHECK THIS IF YOUR EMAIL ALERTS ARE BEING BLOCKED AS SPAM. SeventyThree(s).

Sounds neat. I see the menu item in UDP but where do I tell it what my email address is?

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Enjoy!

It works. Already got new one this weekend thanks to this new feature. I recommend to everyone who chase to turn on 'Enable SMS/eMail messages for new Country/Band/Mode' option in WSJT-X window. Tnx, 73.

Jim Altman

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Enjoy!

Bob

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Enjoy!

Jim Altman

Thanks and 73

Jim Altman
jaltman636@...

Enjoy!

Bob

Enjoy!

Chris.9A2X

Bob

Does it work? SeventyThree(s).

On July 14, 2019 at 12:01 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

It is added for the next auto-update. 73.

On July 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM "Chris.9A2X" <chris.9a2x@...> wrote:

Yessssss :)
Tell me the secret ;)
73, Chris

Chris.9A2X

Great news. CU, 73

Bob

It is added for the next auto-update. 73.

On July 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM "Chris.9A2X" <chris.9a2x@...> wrote:

Tell me the secret ;)
73, Chris

Chris.9A2X

Tell me the secret ;)
73, Chris

Bob

Like this? SeventyThree(s)

On July 11, 2019 at 4:52 PM "Chris.9A2X" <chris.9a2x@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I'm wondering if there is way to recognize decoded call's from WSJT/JTDX UDP band map window as 'country not worked that band or mode ie. digital (not as FT8), mostly during short openings on 6m that cover just few locators and pass them to DX spot alerts email feature (and all that possibly without JTDX alert).

Example: I'm working in my garden, and WSJT-X in my shack just decoded new DXCC on moitored band. I would like to get email alert from Logger32 so I can come back in to shack and work that new one.

73, Chris 9A2X

Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#76850): https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/message/76850
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/32434880/849411
Group Owner: hamlogger+owner@groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://groups.io/g/hamlogger/leave/defanged [k4cy@...]

Chris.9A2X

Edited

I'm wondering if there is way to recognize decoded call's from WSJT/JTDX UDP band map window as 'country not worked that band or mode ie. digital (not as FT8), mostly during short openings on 6m that cover just few locators and pass them to DX spot alerts email feature (and all that possibly without JTDX alert).

Example: I'm working in my garden, and WSJT-X in my shack just decoded new DXCC on moitored band. I would like to get email alert from Logger32 so I can come back in to shack and work that new one.

73, Chris 9A2X