Worked/Confirmed window: SAT qso not showing up?

Alessandro I2SVA

Hi all, can anyone help with my issue, perhaps a missing configuration?
Using Logger 32 version 3.50.385 on Windows 10; all working well.
I have recently defined the 13 cm band for QO-100 satellite and I am now logging Satellite QSO without any problem; stats are enabled and I can see DXCC stats. The only issue is the Confirmed/Worked window that does not show any information is Prop mode is set to SAT. Why? How can I change this behavior?

Thanks, 73
Alessandro, I2SVA

Vilhjalmur Sigurjonsson

Just a wilde guess DR Alessandro;

Did you remember to put Y in the stats column in „Tools | Setup Bands & Modes“ for the frequency?

73 Villi
TF3VS

Hi all, can anyone help with my issue, perhaps a missing configuration?
Using Logger 32 version 3.50.385 on Windows 10; all working well.
I have recently defined the 13 cm band for QO-100 satellite and I am now logging Satellite QSO without any problem; stats are enabled and I can see DXCC stats. The only issue is the Confirmed/Worked window that does not show any information is Prop mode is set to SAT. Why? How can I change this behavior?

Thanks, 73
Alessandro, I2SVA

Bob

Alessandro, apologies but I do not understand. The Worked/Confirmed Window has columns that show MODE (like: CW, SSB, DIGital, PHOne, etc.) and the rows are BAND (like: 20M, 30M, 40M, etc.). Is SAT a mode? See: http://www.adif.org/309/ADIF_309.htm#Mode_Enumeration for a list of ADIF modes.

SeventyThree(s).

On May 17, 2019 at 9:56 AM Alessandro I2SVA <i2sva@...> wrote:

Hi all, can anyone help with my issue, perhaps a missing configuration?
Using Logger 32 version 3.50.385 on Windows 10; all working well.
I have recently defined the 13 cm band for QO-100 satellite and I am now logging Satellite QSO without any problem; stats are enabled and I can see DXCC stats. The only issue is the Confirmed/Worked window that does not show any information is Prop mode is set to SAT. Why? How can I change this behavior?

Thanks, 73
Alessandro, I2SVA

Guntram oe9dgv

I think he means this:

B.13 Propagation Mode Enumeration

EnumerationDescription
ASAircraft Scatter
AUEAurora-E
AURAurora
BSBack scatter
ECHEchoLink
EMEEarth-Moon-Earth
ESSporadic E
F2F2 Reflection
FAIField Aligned Irregularities
INTERNETInternet-assisted
IONIonoscatter
IRLIRLP
MSMeteor scatter
RPTTerrestrial or atmospheric repeater or transponder
RSRain scatter
SATSatellite
TEPTrans-equatorial
TRTropospheric ducting

73, Guntram oe9dgv

Bob <k4cy@...> schrieb am Fr., 17. Mai 2019, 16:18:

[...]

... but the Worked Confirmed Window only has two axis - Band & Mode. SeventyThree(s).

On May 17, 2019 at 10:29 AM Guntram Summer <summer.guntram@...> wrote:

[...]

on6ab

Hi Alessandro,

You're not doing anything wrong.
The confirmed/Worked window simply is not able to produce stats for Satellite QSO's only.

73,

Bruno

Alessandro I2SVA

Correct Bob
This was also my understanding. When a QSO is marked SAT in prop mode it is excluded from country wkd/cfmd window BUT it is included in SAT DXCC stats and window. It looks a nonsense to me as I would expect the QSO being included also in Country wkd/cfmd window since:
- it is a real qso
- country wkd/cfmd does not shows any kind of filter
So why exclude the qso from this window?

Thanks 73

Alessandro Salvatico i2sva

Inviato da iPhone

Bob

Alessandro, As you can see by the layout of the Worked/Confirmed Window it is intended to show HF DXCC worked/confirmed statistics. I know nothing about DXCC, but it is my understanding the satellite QSOs do not count for HF DXCC. This is why they are not included in the Worked/Confirmed Window. SeventyThree(s).

On May 19, 2019 at 3:06 AM Alessandro I2SVA <i2sva@i2sva.it> wrote:

Correct Bob
This was also my understanding. When a QSO is marked SAT in prop mode it is excluded from country wkd/cfmd window BUT it is included in SAT DXCC stats and window. It looks a nonsense to me as I would expect the QSO being included also in Country wkd/cfmd window since:
- it is a real qso
- country wkd/cfmd does not shows any kind of filter
So why exclude the qso from this window?

Thanks 73

Alessandro Salvatico i2sva

Inviato da iPhone

Alessandro I2SVA

Hi Bob,
I am back on this issue since I think it is not understood and it has a negative impact on SAT operators; does not allow to see at a glance if a new station is a confirmed/worked/new country on that band/mode.

Your statement: "..Worked/Confirmed Window it is intended to show HF DXCC worked/confirmed statistics.." seems to me not to be correct; my understanding is that the Worked/Confirmed window shows the summary (and drop down to the details) of ALL QSOs as long as the QSO is in a BAND and a MODE which have Statistics enabled (Setup Band&Modes). Nothing to do with the DXCC.

I also think that we can agree on the fact that the Worked/Confirmed window has NO filters when the top left corner shows "ALL", correct?

If this is the case ALL the QSO that I am going to log should be taken in account to produce the Worked/Confirmed window (as long as the QSO is in a BAND and a MODE where Statistics are enabled) correct?

Now please consider these four cases for the same QSO (BAND=13CM and MODE=CW):
Case 1: when SAT_NAME and PROP_MODE field are empties the QSO is taken in account for Wkd/Cfmd
Case 2: when SAT_NAME = empty and PROP_MODE = SAT the QSO is taken in account for Wkd/Cfmd
Case 3: when SAT_NAME = QO-100 and PROP_MODE = empty the QSO is taken in account for Wkd/Cfmd
Case 4: when SAT_NAME = QO-100 and PROP_MODE = SAT the QSO is NOT taken in account for Wkd/Cfmd

In summary: QSO in CASE 1/2/3 are listed in the Worked/Confirmed window while QSO in CASE 4 is Excluded.
I have reviewed the above with other OM's and all share the same understanding, i.e. CASE 4 MUST be included.
I think that this is a small bug in the way the Worked/Confirmed window is set up. Do you agree?

Just wanted to add that IMHO Logger32 is still the best logging program available to Hams; congrats to the team that contribute to the success!
Best 73

Alessandro - I2SVA

Bob

It is by design. However try setting the PROP_MODE to sat (lower case). SeventyThree(s)

On April 30, 2020 at 10:15 AM Alessandro I2SVA <i2sva@...> wrote:

[...]

I understand this is by design, but if a design is wrong it could always be correct...
Anyhow thanks for the suggestion, the workaround to use small letters works and finally I can see all the QSO marked "sat" AND "QO-100" summarized (and properly displayed) in the worked/confirmed window.

Thanks again, best 73
Alessandro i2sva