Unable to install logger32

uniflite58

I have a freshly formatted drive with a new install of windows 10.  I haven't installed any updates or other software.

Upon trying to install logger 32 I get the following messages.     Invalid Property Value   An unexpected error has occurred.

Then I get: Runtime error "5" Invalid procedure call or argument.

I have UAC turned off. I tried running the setup file as administrator and am using the full install not the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave   KF7ESM

Bob

You said: I tried running the setup file as administrator ... Good thinking ... Do you mean you are signed in to Windows as an administrator, or do you mean the compatibility settings of setup.exe are set to run the program as an administrator? Try the green option. If it still won't install, then check your firewall/security settings. SeventyThree(s).

On May 15, 2019 at 10:19 PM uniflite58 <posprovisions@...> wrote:

I have a freshly formatted drive with a new install of windows 10.  I haven't installed any updates or other software.

Upon trying to install logger 32 I get the following messages.     Invalid Property Value   An unexpected error has occurred.

Then I get: Runtime error "5" Invalid procedure call or argument.

I have UAC turned off. I tried running the setup file as administrator and am using the full install not the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave   KF7ESM

Bob

I said: check your firewall/security settings ... change that to anti-virus/security settings. SeventyThree(s).

On May 15, 2019 at 10:27 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

I am right clicking the .exe file and selecting "run as administrator"   I dont have any extra firewall or antivirus installed.  Not sure what changes I would make to the windows security settings.  Thank you for your reply Bob.

Bob

That should do the trick. UAC is off, no antivirus software, then what's blocking the install? Sorry, I have no idea. There's no shortage of logging programs around, I'm sure you'll find on that installs right out of the box.  Not sure how you're trying to do the install, but all I can suggest is make a desktop folder. Keep it's default name New Folder. Unzip the Logger32 full install zip file into the New Folder. Open the folder. Right click on setup.exe icon and run as administrator. After that,, you're on your own. SeventyThree(s).

On May 15, 2019 at 10:32 PM uniflite58 <posprovisions@...> wrote:

I am right clicking the .exe file and selecting "run as administrator"   I dont have any extra firewall or antivirus installed.  Not sure what changes I would make to the windows security settings.  Thank you for your reply Bob.

uniflite58

Yep,  Thats exactly what I did.  I'm stumped too. Really wanted to use the program.  Thanks for trying Bob.  I appreciate it.

73  KF7ESM

Gerald Boutin

Since you have a new install of Windows 10, even though you haven't installed any updates or other software, Windows 10 is surely trying to download and install updates. Let it finish it's downloading and rebooting.

After that is sorted out, add exceptions for Windows Defender (Windows 10 built-in antivirus software) and Controlled Folder Access (aka Ransomeware protection). You might be able to get away with temporarily disabling those programs while installing L32.

--
Gerald, VE1DT