From: Andy None via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 2:41 AM
To: Hamlogger
Subject: [hamlogger] Auto antenna switching

Hi
I have managed to set my KMTronic to work with Logger32.
Is anybody managed to set SAIN SMART to work with Logger32?

73 Andy SP9KR

Andy None <va3pl@...>

Him Jim
Yes. I am talking about SAIN SMART 8 relay board with USB port.
I have tried for some time now to set it up as auto antenna switching device driven by Logger32 data terminal. I have four of those boards and I do not want to spend additional money for KMTronic board.
Hope somebody out there was able to set it up and wiling to share how to do it?
Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 1:50:43 PM GMT+2, Jim Cox <jcox123@...> wrote:

Are you talking about the Sain Smart board with the USB port input?  I have used it with the Flex radios and works great but don’t know of any way to use with Logger32.  If others know of any method, please information please.  This might be a nice addition to the program if not too much work for Bob?
Don’t know if it is even possible as the RS232 information would need to be sent to the USB port on the computer.  73s Jim K4JAF

I have managed to set my KMTronic to work with Logger32.
Is anybody managed to set SAIN SMART to work with Logger32?

73 Andy SP9KR

Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...>

Hi Andy,

If the programming info is available, I think it could be controlled by the Logger32 terminal the same way the KMTronic board. If you could advise where I can find programing info, or send me a scanned copy, I’ll look into the possibilities.

I have a KMTronic 8 channel board and it works great with Logger32 / terminal.

The other Jim – w5ifp-

I have managed to set my KMTronic to work with Logger32.

Is anybody managed to set SAIN SMART to work with Logger32?

73 Andy SP9KR

Bob

If this is what you're talking about (see picture below), the description includes this text: Windows software examples: VB6, BCB6, VB.NET 2010 Express, C++.NET 2010 Express  Send me a copy of the VB6 example, and I'll look at it. SeventyThree(s).

On May 1, 2019 at 9:56 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes Bob. This is exactly what we are talking about.
Unfortunately I am not computer programmer.
73 Andy SP9KR

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 4:30:43 PM GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy, like you I am not a computer programmer. I am an Alchemist. If someone can provide me with the VB6 software examples, I will try to interface the board to Logger32. SeventyThree(s).

On May 1, 2019 at 11:05 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

That's great Bob...make me one pound (or two) of gold...hi hi

Andy

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 5:18:06 PM GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy, today is your lucky day. Gerald VE1DT sent me these URLs

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/55541/how-do-i-send-data-to-an-8-channel-usb-relay-device-from-a-raspberry-pi

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1468S8GHPHZ2D/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0093Y89DE

So see if Logger32 can see COM15. Plug the USB cable into the relay board and into the PC. Try to setup the Data terminal for COM15.  Can Logger32 see COM15?  If you can, configure the Data terminal serial port for COM15, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity. Now open the port.

Now we will try to turn on all the relays by sending it FF FF to the board. Look at the help file section SETUP ANTENNA SELECTOR. Read section 2.2.3.

Make the F1 macro $hexbytes 00 00$

Make the F1 macro $hexbytes FF FF$

Clicking F1 should open all relays, clicking F1 should close all relays. You may need to load the FTDI driver software (or maybe not). SeventyThree(s).

On May 1, 2019 at 11:17 AM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy, my alchemy studies are much more sophisticated than lead to gold. My specialty is Scotch Whisky to human urine. Even if I do say so myself, I'm very good at it 😄

On May 1, 2019 at 12:28 PM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

I have a 1L bottle of Scotch whiskey Ballamtines ready to do magic. Also I have comfortable accommodation free of charge plus alchemy laboratory available to you. So come down and you can teach me how to change whiskey into human urine.

Andy

On Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 7:16:42 PM GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

John, G4DRS

What sort of power are you planning to switch with it, Andy?

John
G4DRS

Andy None <va3pl@...>

Just enough current to power small 12V relay. I think up to 300mA

Andy SP9KR

On Thursday, May 2, 2019, 1:15:09 PM GMT+2, John, G4DRS via Groups.Io <g4drs@...> wrote:

What sort of power are you planning to switch with it, Andy?

John
G4DRS

Bob

Did it work? 73.

On May 1, 2019 at 1:14 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Cut the grass today so no time for other thinks.
Left radio on cherry picking hi hi.

Andy

On Thursday, May 2, 2019, 7:55:17 p.m. GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

Been playing with setting up Sain Smart using suggestion that was provided here and elsewhere.
No luck so far and this is it of my testing.
In the process I have managed to screw up my LOGGER32 to the point needing re installation from the scratch. Good I have logger backups.

Andy SP9KR

On Thursday, May 2, 2019, 7:58:25 p.m. GMT+2, Andy None via Groups.Io <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

You said: In the process I have managed to screw up my LOGGER32 to the point needing re installation from the scratch.

How is that possible, all you had to do was set up the Data Terminal menu to make it an antenna switch and setup the Data Terminal serial port to the settings provided. Nothing else was needed to be touched. SeventyThree(s).

On May 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM "Andy None via Groups.Io" <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

Have no idea what happen. All I know I lost Logger.exe and there was no way to find it so I reinstall program.
I am not alchemist as you are.
Andy

On Friday, May 3, 2019, 5:35:46 p.m. GMT+2, Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

[...]

After new Logger32 installation I have now:

Error 8002 (Invalid Port number) in procedure mdiForm_load of Form MDIForm 1
Error on line 4750
Logger32: V3.50.384

How to get rid of this?

Andy SP9KR

On Friday, May 3, 2019, 6:11:49 p.m. GMT+2, Andy None via Groups.Io <va3pl@...> wrote:

[...]

That line of code is setting up the OTRSP port. Why are you playing here? It has nothing to do with the Data Terminal port. If you don't use OTRSP, then right click on the ANTENNA pane of the lower status bar. Click SHOW ANTENNA SELECTOR. Set the OTRSP port to NONE. Close the Antenna selector. Restart Logger32. Now what else have you broken? 73.