Topics

2 different calls

Paul F6EXV

Hi all
I have two different callsigns that I ue daily.
I want the logs to be totally separated, not together in one (with 2 different operators) because statistics would be wrong.
I also wish to set up 2 LogSync and 2 JTDX, so that when I launch L32, both LogSync and JTDX are attached to their respecitive callsigns .
I do not necessarily want these 2 groups of programs to be launched simultabneously.
How can I set 2 shortcuts so they direct to the proper instances ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
73
Paul F6EXV

ja1nlx

Paul

Read "Setting up a Second Logger32 INI File" section in Logger32 Help.

73

On 2020/09/23 17:42, Paul F6EXV wrote:
Hi all
I have two different callsigns that I ue daily.
I want the logs to be totally separated, not together in one (with 2 different operators) because statistics would be wrong.
I also wish to set up 2 LogSync and 2 JTDX, so that when I launch L32, both LogSync and JTDX are attached to their respecitive callsigns .
I do not necessarily want these 2 groups of programs to be launched simultabneously.
How can I set 2 shortcuts so they direct to the proper instances ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
73
Paul F6EXV

Paul F6EXV

Hello and thanks for the link.
I am not a geek and I am unable to follow the instructions.
I already have my existing log, with its related instances of LogSync and JTDX (and its JTDX log)
It shows as "Configuration - Default"
I have created another shortcut but it does not show as a different choice.
What am I doing wrong ?
I am using Win10 and version 3.50.422
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Le 23/09/2020 à 11:10, ja1nlx a écrit :
Paul

Read "Setting up a Second Logger32 INI File" section in Logger32 Help.

73

On 2020/09/23 17:42, Paul F6EXV wrote:
Hi all
I have two different callsigns that I ue daily.
I want the logs to be totally separated, not together in one (with 2 different operators) because statistics would be wrong.
I also wish to set up 2 LogSync and 2 JTDX, so that when I launch L32, both LogSync and JTDX are attached to their respecitive callsigns .
I do not necessarily want these 2 groups of programs to be launched simultabneously.
How can I set 2 shortcuts so they direct to the proper instances ?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
73
Paul F6EXV

F4FQH Olivier

Hi

I have 2 logger32 working at the same time somtimes.
They are installed in different directorys
The name of the .EXE of logger32 must be changed
A JTDX with a configuration for 2 instances (not in my setup)

And all is ok

73
Olivier
F4FQH

Read "Setting up a Second Logger32 INI File" section in Logger32 Help.

73

On 2020/09/23 17:42, Paul F6EXV wrote:
> Hi all
> I have two different callsigns that I ue daily.
> I want the logs to be totally separated, not together in one (with 2
> different operators) because statistics would be wrong.
> I also wish to set up 2 LogSync and 2 JTDX, so that when I launch L32,
> both LogSync and JTDX are attached to their respecitive callsigns .
> I do not necessarily want these 2 groups of programs to be launched
> simultabneously.
> How can I set 2 shortcuts so they direct to the proper instances ?
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestions.
> 73
> Paul F6EXV

ja1nlx

Make a another Logger32 short cut like

C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe Logger32_Contest

C:\Logger32\Logger32.exe Logger32_TS480  etc

Make another JTDX shortcut using unique rig name like

C:\JTDX64\bin\jtdx.exe --rig-name=K3

C:\JTDX64\bin\jtdx.exe --rig-name=TS480  etc

You can make another setup for each shortcut.

73

On 2020/09/23 18:29, Paul F6EXV wrote:
[...]

Thanks for additionjal info.
For example, can I write jtdx.exe --F6EXV and the other one jtdx.exe --F4KMA
Or are the words --rig-name compulsory ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV

Le 23/09/2020 à 11:39, ja1nlx a écrit :
[...]

I have created the following shortcuts :
jtdx.exe --rig-name=F6EXV and jtdx.exe --rig-name=F4KMA
but I gat a message saying that if I moduiify the extension, the program may not work.
When I want to set up the utilities, these shortcuts do not appear, so I cannot have the utility program aim at the proper JTDX instance...
[...]

Try :-)

73