TCP error

Dave Colliau

My friend who knows nothing is telling me that when running JTDX he says he keeps getting an error box that says qso data transfer tcp socket timed out of something like that . Win10 Logger 32 and JTDX

Its set up for UDP logging ?

I had him set up just like my system and I have no issues here.

Dave N8DC

Bob

Why is the TCP socket open? I would expect the UDP socket to be open, but not the TCP socket. A picture of the error message would help. 73.

On December 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

My friend who knows nothing is telling me that when running JTDX he says he keeps getting an error box that says qso data transfer tcp socket timed out of something like that . Win10 Logger 32 and JTDX

Its set up for UDP logging ?

I had him set up just like my system and I have no issues here.

Dave N8DC

Dave Colliau

Bob i have no idea. This old boy has no idea on screen shots.

let me see what i can do .

Thanks

Dave N8DC

On December 28, 2018 at 12:49 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Why is the TCP socket open? I would expect the UDP socket to be open, but not the TCP socket. A picture of the error message would help. 73.

On December 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

My friend who knows nothing is telling me that when running JTDX he says he keeps getting an error box that says qso data transfer tcp socket timed out of something like that . Win10 Logger 32 and JTDX

Its set up for UDP logging ?

I had him set up just like my system and I have no issues here.

Dave N8DC

Bob

On the main Logger32 Window, look at the TCP pane of the lower status bar.  If it's blue, right click on it and click on CLICK TO CLOSE SOCKET.  The double check WSJT still logs QSOs to Logger32. 73.

On December 28, 2018 at 1:36 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

Bob i have no idea. This old boy has no idea on screen shots.

let me see what i can do .

Thanks

Dave N8DC

On December 28, 2018 at 12:49 PM Bob <k4cy@...> wrote:

Why is the TCP socket open? I would expect the UDP socket to be open, but not the TCP socket. A picture of the error message would help. 73.

On December 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

My friend who knows nothing is telling me that when running JTDX he says he keeps getting an error box that says qso data transfer tcp socket timed out of something like that . Win10 Logger 32 and JTDX

Its set up for UDP logging ?

I had him set up just like my system and I have no issues here.

Dave N8DC

Dave Colliau

Already did that bob. That was the first thing I checked. It turned out for some reason the tcp box was checked in JTDX. I didnt do it. Seems something was looking for the tcp socket .

Dave N8DC