Topics

Lost CAT Connection in FT8

G4RRM Pete

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

I have two configurations of Logger (2nd INI file), one for SSB,CW and RTTY etc, and another that runs with WSJT for FT8.

When I tried to run FT8 today the CAT wont connect to either HF or VHF and WSJT throws up the Reconfigure radio window!

Nothing has changed here, if I try to run my standard Logger 32 session it sees the rigs fine and so does N1MM so I know the settings are good and they are identical in the L32/WSJT configuration.

As soon as I open the WSJT window the re-config radio window opens!!

Has something changed in the linking of the two programs? Has anyone else seen this problem?

Pete

G4RRM

Jim Hargrave

Pete,

Having a separate Logger32ini for JTDX/WSJT is no longer necessary. Bob has integrated the 2 programs.

You can open/close the JT programs from the UDP Bandmap.

By setting Logger32 to receive frequency from JT, Logger32 will close the radio cat  port, shifting CAT to the JT program.

I would highly recommend you download the latest Logger32 Help file and go through the latest setup recommendations. Aki has done a tremendous job of documenting the JT setup.

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Walker
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:10 AM
To: Logger32 (hamlogger@groups.io) <hamlogger@groups.io>
Subject: [hamlogger] Lost CAT Connection in FT8

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

I have two configurations of Logger (2nd INI file), one for SSB,CW and RTTY etc, and another that runs with WSJT for FT8.

When I tried to run FT8 today the CAT wont connect to either HF or VHF and WSJT throws up the Reconfigure radio window!

Nothing has changed here, if I try to run my standard Logger 32 session it sees the rigs fine and so does N1MM so I know the settings are good and they are identical in the L32/WSJT configuration.

Has something changed in the linking of the two programs? Has anyone else seen this problem?

Pete

G4RRM

Dave Colliau

Thats great information Jim. I didnt realize this was happening :).

I had a logging Issue this morning and got that figured out and now I will try running from the UDP window and see what the cat port does. Bob keep up the great work.

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 9:10 AM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Pete,

Having a separate Logger32ini for JTDX/WSJT is no longer necessary. Bob has integrated the 2 programs.

By setting Logger32 to receive frequency from JT, Logger32 will close the radio cat  port, shifting CAT to the JT program.

I would highly recommend you download the latest Logger32 Help file and go through the latest setup recommendations. Aki has done a tremendous job of documenting the JT setup.

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM

Jim Hargrave

Dave,

You can setup the radio for JT configuration when you open JT and have it revert to normal when you close JT. It’s all covered in section 5 of the UDP  bandmap in the latest Logger32 help file posted this week..

It’s a work in progress. More capability is forthcoming in the next autoupdate.

Enjoy..

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:24 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] Lost CAT Connection in FT8

I had a logging Issue this morning and got that figured out and now I will try running from the UDP window and see what the cat port does. Bob keep up the great work.

Dave N8DC

Pete,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM

Dave Colliau

Jim apparently I had everything set up in the UDP window but I didnt know about the cat stuff. I will get the new help file today ! By the way I used WSJT-X hound mode and worked VP6D from 12 down to 160 on FT-8 . I never heard them on 10 meters and when I worked them on 160 they were not using the dxpedition mode ? It was fun .

Thanks and 73

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 10:50 AM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Dave,

You can setup the radio for JT configuration when you open JT and have it revert to normal when you close JT. It’s all covered in section 5 of the UDP  bandmap in the latest Logger32 help file posted this week..

Enjoy..

Jim – w5ifp-

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau

Dave N8DC

Pete,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM

Jim Hargrave

Dave, Good Job…

I have a setup for testing WSJT, but prefer to operate using JTDX with Logger32.

Jim – w5ifp-

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:51 AM

Jim apparently I had everything set up in the UDP window but I didnt know about the cat stuff. I will get the new help file today ! By the way I used WSJT-X hound mode and worked VP6D from 12 down to 160 on FT-8 . I never heard them on 10 meters and when I worked them on 160 they were not using the dxpedition mode ? It was fun .

Thanks and 73

Dave N8DC

Dave,

Enjoy..

Jim – w5ifp-

Dave N8DC

Pete,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM

Dave Colliau

I have JTDX but I went back to WSTJ-X when the Baker Howland guys were on as JTDX didnt support the Dxpedition mode. Now I see it does so time to play again especially since its all white outside and looks just like winter ;( .

Dave N8DC

On November 10, 2018 at 12:06 PM Jim Hargrave <w5ifp@...> wrote:

Dave, Good Job…

I have a setup for testing WSJT, but prefer to operate using JTDX with Logger32.

Jim – w5ifp-

Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 10:51 AM

Thanks and 73

Dave N8DC

Dave,

Enjoy..

Jim – w5ifp-

Dave N8DC

Pete,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM

G4RRM Pete

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info, I’ll take a look later and download the help file.

Pete

G4RRM

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Hargrave
Sent: 10 November 2018 14:10

Pete,

Jim – w5ifp-

Hi All

I’m puzzled with this.

Pete

G4RRM