Discrepancies Between LOTW and Logger32 DXCC counts

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

I am somewhat bewildered - I just finished syncing my Logger32 logbook with LOTW, but I have discrepancies as to the number of countries credited for DXCC.  LOTW says that I have 322 current and confirmed, while Logger32 says I have 309.  I have just finished a half hour searching the Help file for means of identifying the differences, without success.  Can someone just point me in the right direction?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

ja1nlx

Pete

What option you tried to synchronize logbook with LoTW ?

Synchronize LoTW (from an ADIF file) ?  or something else ?

73

On 2018/10/24 22:34, Pete Smith wrote:

I am somewhat bewildered - I just finished syncing my Logger32 logbook with LOTW, but I have discrepancies as to the number of countries credited for DXCC.  LOTW says that I have 322 current and confirmed, while Logger32 says I have 309.  I have just finished a half hour searching the Help file for means of identifying the differences, without success.  Can someone just point me in the right direction?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

--

73 de aki ja1nlx

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Yes, I ran Synchronize LOTW (from ADIF).  I also ran the DXCC code check with Clublog, but the discrepancy remains

On 10/24/2018 6:20 PM, ja1nlx wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

Hi Pete.

Here are some suggestions to try:

  1. First, be sure to check the options/selections at the bottom of the DXCC awards table in Logger32.  It’s possible to select and report on CW QSOs only, for example, and/or just one of your callsigns and/or just this year’s log, and/or just QSL card confirmations … which may well account for the apparent shortage, e.g. compare these two:

  1. It is possible Logger32’s statistics are broken leaving gaps in its awards tables, so recalculate your statistics using the recalc function in Logger32 under Tools à Database maintenance:

A recalc will take a while (it takes something like 30 seconds to process every 1,000 QSOs in my log, on my PC) but ensures that the QSOs in your logbook are properly reflected in the awards tables.

  1. Export your entire log from Logger32 as ADIF (one callsign at a time if you manage several calls in the same logbook) and upload it/them to Club Log.  Select the Club Log import option to replace your existing log/s.  After the import and validation completes, Club Log will email you reports identifying any problematic QSOs e.g. wrong country allocation.  Use that to check and correct your log (e.g. South Cooks stations misidentified as North Cooks and vice versa).   [As you have already validated your log using Club Log’s rules, this step may be redundant … but maybe it will find something wrong after all.]

  1. Systematically check the DXCC awards table in Logger32 against the DXCC reports from LoTW and/or Club Log’s table, looking for and exploring specific discrepancies (e.g. compare the band or mode totals to home-in on the ones that are different, or visually compare the DXCC tables line-by-line).  This is tedious but if you really do have such a major difference, you will have plenty of discrepancies to hunt down!  It’s harder when you are down to the last one or two discrepancies, trust me.  Satisfying when you resolve them though!

73 GL,

Gary   ZL2iFB

[...]

Margaret VA7VF

Hello Gary

I am still relatively new to Logger32 and have 2 different but possibly related problems.

I had my DXCC awards marked with W, C, S and G using different colours.  After the last submission to ARRL, for an update of my DXCC awards, I attempted to sync from LoTW to Logger 32.  All my S and G entities disappeared. I was not able to correct the BAD.ADI as I could not find which item was incorrect.  I compounded the problem by repeating the process so I have double the number of errors in the BAD.ADI.

I have been following your comments to Pete and have attempted to validate the DXCC with ClubLog. I cannot find the ClubLog import option.

Thank you for any guidance.
73
Margaret VA7VF

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Hi Gary - great minds and all that ... I've done all of these things. including the Clublog check, and then went line by line comparing LOTW and Logger32.  In DXCC Mixed I have 11 in LOTW as confirmed that are not confirmed in Logger32.  I have nine that are in neither - these I simply have to get QSLs from!  Then there are the 33 countries that LOTW lists as confirmed, but without QSO details.  I suspect these may be ones that were credited back in the 70s and 80s, have not been confirmed since, and that the ARRL took a shortcut in putting them into the LOTW database.  Anyway it is pretty murky, but I'm getting close to the Honor Roll so I'd like to get it cleaned up.

On 10/25/2018 2:19 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

[...]

Hi Margaret.

I’m busy working … only time for a quick response.

BAD.ADI is a plain text file: you can open and read it with Notepad or TED etc.    I’ll have to leave the explanation about updating your Logger32 log with all the DXCC status info for someone else or another time.

To import your log to Club Log, login to Club Log first (you need to set up an account so it knows who the log belongs to) then look at the top line of most pages on the site:

I am still relatively new to Logger32 and have 2 different but possibly related problems.

I had my DXCC awards marked with W, C, S and G using different colours.  After the last submission to ARRL, for an update of my DXCC awards, I attempted to sync from LoTW to Logger 32.  All my S and G entities disappeared. I was not able to correct the BAD.ADI as I could not find which item was incorrect.  I compounded the problem by repeating the process so I have double the number of errors in the BAD.ADI.

I have been following your comments to Pete and have attempted to validate the DXCC with ClubLog. I cannot find the ClubLog import option.

Thank you for any guidance.

73

Margaret VA7VF

Gary Hinson

Hi Pete.

Re: .  “In DXCC Mixed I have 11 in LOTW as confirmed that are not confirmed in Logger32”  can you get the QSO info for each of these from LoTW?  If so, are those QSOs actually in your Logger32 log, not missing for some reason?  If they are present, what’s wrong with those QSO records?  Do they show the LoTW confirmations?

[...]

Ooops

Please disregard.  My fingers have been given a stern lecture.

[...]

Hi Gary - I've only run one down so far - my only LOTW-confirmed QSO with Brunei.  The QSO was in both LOTW and Logger 32, with full info, but for some reason LOTW received did not get changed to "Y"  I figured out (from Help) how to change that, ran Tools/Recalculate Statistics, and I now have one more current country confirmed.  Onward!

On 10/25/2018 10:29 PM, Gary Hinson wrote:

[...]

Per-Einar Dahlen, LA7DFA

Import LOTW with only the "Update LOTW_SENT & RECEIVED fields" selected.

Else your will probably get some errors in county, state etc.

My statistics matches perfectly for Clublog & Logger32.

If you need more details, e.g. for awards, you can run the import twice, with full parameters the second run.