DXCC 000 errors cropping up in logbook

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

Recently, I started trying to sync my logbook with LOTW.  I quickly gave up, though, because once every few QSOs, a QSO would turn up in the logbook with DXCC=000.  This happens, as nearly as I can tell, on QSOs logged directly in Logger 32.  Any ideas what is going on and how to stop it?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

Dan Atchison

Were the operations approved by the DXCC desk?  Do the approved dates for the operations match what is in your logbook?  Do you use ClubLog to "verify" your Q's?

In all cases in my log (~50K Q's), those with DXCC=000 are for operations that were either not approved or the dates were incorrect or out of operation activity timelines (pirate?).

In all cases within my log where I show DXCC=000, my logbook was incorrect or matched the above qualifications.

73,
Dan

On 10/22/2018 11:46 AM, Pete Smith wrote:

Recently, I started trying to sync my logbook with LOTW.  I quickly gave up, though, because once every few QSOs, a QSO would turn up in the logbook with DXCC=000.  This happens, as nearly as I can tell, on QSOs logged directly in Logger 32.  Any ideas what is going on and how to stop it?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

Pete Smith <n4zr@...>

All those 000s were somehow put in my log as it was entered.  I did discover, though, that there were hundreds more in some transferred contest logs.

I've belatedly discovered the Clublog verification process, and am running it now.

On 10/22/2018 12:05 PM, Dan Atchison via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Gary Hinson

A common example would be maritime mobiles: they may sign and upload their logs to LoTW, and match your QSO details, but they don’t count towards DXCC.  They do, however, count towards the ARRL grid challenge if they confirmed their grids.

Also I deliberately use DXCC=000 for DX QSOs in my log that cannot be confirmed, in order to take them out of the statistics.