Topics

Annoying pop ups

GM4OSS

Hi
Is anyone else having this annoying problem with continual pop ups ? see below. I'm using ver 3.50.352 and it also happened with previous version too. This happens all the time and I haven't been on 40M for a while.

Thanks in advance

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

Larry Fravel

I have been for a while now.  No Matter what band I am on, the freq goes away in the main logging window and I get the pop saying that (for which ever band I happen to be using at the time).  Have to go back and click on the spot again, the message goes away for a few minutes and come back again.  Will maybe happen five or six times and then stop.  It is also an intermittent problem.  I never know when it will start or stop.

Larry K8YYY

"Never interrupt some one doing something you said couldn't be done"
Amelia Earhart

Jan

# Me Too

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 8-4-2018 om 16:55 schreef GM4OSS:
Hi
Is anyone else having this annoying problem with continual pop ups ? see below. I'm using ver 3.50.352 and it also happened with previous version too. This happens all the time and I haven't been on 40M for a while.

Thanks in advance

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Gary Hinson

Steve,

I haven’t seen that message for years!

Please take a look at your bands and modes table to see what mode is defined for the frequency/frequencies indicated on the error message e.g. 7.0533 in this example.

My 40m section currently looks like this:

So 7.0533 sits between the RTTY and HELL  entries, hence the CW entry (which covers the entire band i.e. 7 to 7.3 down here in ZL) applies.  If I clicked a spot for some DX station on 7.0533, my K3 would go to CW mode – or rather CW-R since I prefer that.

It is possible that you don’t have any entry covering 7.0533, so Logger32 doesn’t know what mode to use.

Is anyone else having this annoying problem with continual pop ups ? see below. I'm using ver 3.50.352 and it also happened with previous version too. This happens all the time and I haven't been on 40M for a while.

Thanks in advance

--

73 de Steve GM4OSS

GM4OSS

Gary
Thanks for the reply. The problem is not just on 40M, it is on all bands and modes. These error messages keep popping up, sometimes 6 or 7 at a time and you have to click (delete) everyone of them before you can't do anything (log a call etc). I'll try what you're suggesting but I feel the problem may be somewhere else as I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks again

Steve/GM4OSS

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Jan <hamlogger@...> wrote:
# Me Too

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 8-4-2018 om 16:55 schreef GM4OSS:
Hi
Is anyone else having this annoying problem with continual pop ups ? see below. I'm using ver 3.50.352 and it also happened with previous version too. This happens all the time and I haven't been on 40M for a while.

Thanks in advance

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

ja1nlx

Steve

Please show us your Band/Mode table.

Picture attachment/insert is OK in this group.

73 de aki  ja1nlx

Jose EA7BJ

this problem is happening from version .348 onwards, with the .347 works well

73 EA7BJ, Jose.

akira yoshida <ayoshida@...>

Steve

Please show us your Band/Mode table.

Picture attachment/insert is OK in this group.

This is a part of my Band/Mode table.

73 de aki  ja1nlx

On 2018/04/09 16:23, GM4OSS wrote:
[...]

Aki
Attached is band/mode table.

Thanks for replying.

Steve/GM4OSS

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 12:28 PM, yoshida akira <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:
Steve

Please show us your Band/Mode table.

Picture attachment/insert is OK in this group.

73 de aki  ja1nlx

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

John, G4DRS

I got one last week that complained about not having a mode for a 1296.xxxMHz frequency.
I don't have any 23cms kit, and I have never been on the band, so I don't know where that one came from! I just chuckled and clicked it away.
I gave not found a recurrent problem with the pop-ups, but that one made me smile.

John
G4DRS

ja1nlx

Steve

Thanks

I run Logger32 with your MyBandMode32.db with NO error.

Could you please send me your Logger32.ini for further test ?

73 de aki  ja1nlx

Jan

Hello Aki

I have these popups also but at irregular intervals.
In my case it has something to do with the DX spot window. When this popup message is on the screen the DX spot window is frozen
and the dxspot mentioned in the popup is shown as the last spot.
When I click the window away then all other spots arrive,

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 9-4-2018 om 15:28 schreef yoshida akira:

Steve

Thanks

I run Logger32 with your MyBandMode32.db with NO error.

Could you please send me your Logger32.ini for further test ?

73 de aki  ja1nlx

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

k4cvl

I would love to see a properly proportioned Band/Mode table as well.  Good idea…  - M

[...]

I am checking MyBandPlan32.db file which some users who has problem sent me.
There are 2 cases.
(1) BandMode table is not set correctly.
In this case it is easy to fix. He should set table correctly.
(2) BandMode table is set correctly, however he see error.
I checked this with NO error. I will check this tomorrow.

Please check your Band/Mode table again referring to Logger32 Help.
Is it fully covered for each Band ?
Is there any Band which is not set in BandPlan table ?

73 de aki ja1nlx

Hello Aki

I have these popups also but at irregular intervals.
In my case it has something to do with the DX spot window. When this popup message is on the screen the DX spot window is frozen
and the dxspot mentioned in the popup is shown as the last spot.
When I click the window away then all other spots arrive,

73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 9-4-2018 om 15:28 schreef yoshida akira:

Steve

Thanks

I run Logger32 with your MyBandMode32.db with NO error.

Could you please send me your Logger32.ini for further test ?

73 de aki  ja1nlx

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

Michael Harris

It is possible to edit the band/mode table. Not necessary to have it full of modes and bands you don't use. Mine is as simple as it gets and I add and subtract from it as necessary.

Dare I say It's all in the help file.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO

On 09/04/2018 10:15, John, G4DRS via Groups.Io wrote:
I got one last week that complained about not having a mode for a 1296.xxxMHz frequency.
I don't have any 23cms kit, and I have never been on the band, so I don't know where that one came from! I just chuckled and clicked it away.
I gave not found a recurrent problem with the pop-ups, but that one made me smile.
John
G4DRS

GM4OSS

AKI
Attached Logger32.ini file as requested.
I  feel that with the other OPs having same problem as me the spurious pop-up errors is more of a programming issue since errors have only begun in the last couple of versions of Logger32.

Regards

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 2:28 PM, yoshida akira <ayoshida0205@...> wrote:

Steve

Thanks

I run Logger32 with your MyBandMode32.db with NO error.

Could you please send me your Logger32.ini for further test ?

73 de aki  ja1nlx

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

Timo Pohjola

The pop-ups started here from .348, so I went back to .347 which is working FB.

73 Timo OH1TM

GM4OSS kirjoitti 9.4.2018 klo 19:08:

AKI
Attached Logger32.ini file as requested.
I  feel that with the other OPs having same problem as me the spurious pop-up errors is more of a programming issue since errors have only begun in the last couple of versions of Logger32.

ja1nlx

To all

This may happen only if DX spot with specific frequency comes in. ( I am not sure...)
When you see this kind of message,Look at this frequency in DX spot window and

1. Check this frequency is set correctly in your BandMode table, If it is not then edit your table.
2. If this frequency looks set correctly in BandMode table then take screen copy of DX spot window
or make memo. Tell us details about this DX spot.

PS
I do not know whether it works for you with previous version or not. Please check this with the latest version.

73 de aki  ja1nlx

Hi
Is anyone else having this annoying problem with continual pop ups ? see below. I'm using ver 3.50.352 and it also happened with previous version too. This happens all the time and I haven't been on 40M for a while.

Thanks in advance

--
73 de Steve GM4OSS

Larry Fravel

Mine always has the message frequency 0.000. Very random on bands and spots.  Never had it up until about a month ago.  Same with the grayed spots saying that it is not a real prefix – W’s VE’s, VU’s others at the high end of the alphabet.

Larry K8YYY

"Never interrupt some one doing something you said couldn't be done"
Amelia Earhart

Jan

Aki
I just got the message saying
The bandplan has no entries that match a frequency of 3,834 MHz
The mode has not been changed.

This information comes from a spot of W2FBS who spotted VE3RMJ

Ofcourse is this entry not matching as the 80 m band goes as far of 3,800 MHz (in my region)

73
Jan
PA4JJ