73
Jan
PA4JJ

Op 13-4-2018 om 20:19 schreef Jan:
Hi Rick

There is now Logsync window behind Logger32. I can minimize Logger32 dragging with the mouse and A do not see the Logsync window. But I see now in the small window when I put the mouse pointer over it the message (very small letters, hard to read) The LOTW Download report has been downloaded to D:/LOTWreports etc. so it is working. But I cannot see this message on the screen for I cannot open LogSync. Opening  LOTWreports shows me the downloaded files so they are on the PC.
When I do a short search on LOTW (e.g. e few days) all goes well. But with a long search ( e.g. a year) the download report message does not show and Logsync goes to the taskbar

Attachments are error log and debug log

Op 13-4-2018 om 17:25 schreef Rick Ellison:
Hi Jan
I have not added any windows controls to the LogSync window yet so it doesn't try to stay on top or anything like that. But what I think is happening with it disappearing is you have the window open on top of Logger32 as soon as Logger32 becomes the active window again the LogSync window loses focus and it placed behind the Logger32 window. It sounds like your download is hanging up for some reason (right now I don't know why). This is causing the other issues you are seeing.. If you would send off the DebugLog and Errorlog.txt file if they are in the install directory. If they are not Turn Debug on and try doing another download so I can follow the path to where it is hanging..

73 Rick N2AMG

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jan
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 10:32 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] New Update for L32LogSync

Hi Rick

A few observation on the LogSync at my end

I start my laptop running Windows 10 ver 1709 build 16299.371 I start Logger32 3.50.353 As I have L32LogSync in the Utilities checked LogSync starts by itself as it should do so.
So far so good.

Now I can only put LogSync on the screen by putting the mouse pointer on the icon in the windows taskbar and then  do a left click.
The window pops up and I open e.g. LOTW setup.
In the next screen I put my details and click on the x in the upper right corner to close this window.
But now Logsync dissapears and is again on the windows status bar.
So every time I have to open it when I want to put my details in the variious tab screens.
Not a big problem.

Now I want to download LOTW QSL information.
I alter the date say 2017-04-13  and the request is going to LOTW. I see sending information request message.
But then after a few seconds I see on the top  LogSync is not responing and the window dissapears.
It is again on the windows taskbar.
But this time I cannot put it back on the screen.
When I put the mouse pointer on the icon I see the LofSync window
(small) and when I put the mouse over it Logger32 dissapears and Logsymc becomes visible.
But as soon as I move the mouse to the Logsync window Logsync dissapears (again to the windows taskbar) and Logger32 is back.
Now when I do a right click in the icon on the windows task bar and choose L32Logsync there becomes another L32LogSync icon more a less behind the first one.
When I then put my mouse on it I see 2 small Logsync windows. from which only the one displayed on the right can be opened.

Now I want to close logger32 so I click on the x in Logger32.(upper right corner)
Logger32 closes but the Logsync does not. It is still vbisible on the Windows taskbar. It can only be closed either by using the taskmannager or by rebooting the pc.

And finaly the auto update from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 did not work. I can't remember the messages that were displayed. So I did a manual update. But then there are 2 .exe filesin the installation folder. So I deleted the one which had a date in the past.

Maybe this information is of use for you.

73
Jan
PA4JJ

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

[...]

IZ5ILJ Lenio

Hi Rick, tnx so much, and strangely today it is no longer a virus for Windows Defender!!!

73's de Lenio - Iz5ILJ - #69.

Il 10/04/2018 21:13, Rick Ellison ha scritto:

Yes it is a false positive. Its finding the update downloader in there and saying it’s a virus.. the download has been scanned 2 times before it was uploaded..

73 Rick n2AMG

n5kd

I also had to copy the exe file.
Error message was the L32LogSynch directory was not found.
I was not using the default directory. I have it in a sub directory under Logger32.

Cheers.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

Sent from my mobile

On Apr 10, 2018, at 4:41 PM, Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

Rick I didnt record the message and I dont remember what it said. My bad.

Dave N8DC

On April 10, 2018 at 5:20 PM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Dave was there an error message or what did it say??

73 Rick N2AMG