Topics

New Update for L32LogSync

Jan

Sorry this was not ment to send to the group/

Jan
PA4JJ

Op 13-4-2018 om 20:19 schreef Jan:
Hi Rick

There is now Logsync window behind Logger32. I can minimize Logger32 dragging with the mouse and A do not see the Logsync window. But I see now in the small window when I put the mouse pointer over it the message (very small letters, hard to read) The LOTW Download report has been downloaded to D:/LOTWreports etc. so it is working. But I cannot see this message on the screen for I cannot open LogSync. Opening  LOTWreports shows me the downloaded files so they are on the PC.
When I do a short search on LOTW (e.g. e few days) all goes well. But with a long search ( e.g. a year) the download report message does not show and Logsync goes to the taskbar

Attachments are error log and debug log

Op 13-4-2018 om 17:25 schreef Rick Ellison:
Hi Jan
I have not added any windows controls to the LogSync window yet so it doesn't try to stay on top or anything like that. But what I think is happening with it disappearing is you have the window open on top of Logger32 as soon as Logger32 becomes the active window again the LogSync window loses focus and it placed behind the Logger32 window. It sounds like your download is hanging up for some reason (right now I don't know why). This is causing the other issues you are seeing.. If you would send off the DebugLog and Errorlog.txt file if they are in the install directory. If they are not Turn Debug on and try doing another download so I can follow the path to where it is hanging..

73 Rick N2AMG

-----Original Message-----
From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jan
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 10:32 AM
To: hamlogger@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hamlogger] New Update for L32LogSync

Hi Rick

A few observation on the LogSync at my end

I start my laptop running Windows 10 ver 1709 build 16299.371 I start Logger32 3.50.353 As I have L32LogSync in the Utilities checked LogSync starts by itself as it should do so.
So far so good.

Now I can only put LogSync on the screen by putting the mouse pointer on the icon in the windows taskbar and then  do a left click.
The window pops up and I open e.g. LOTW setup.
In the next screen I put my details and click on the x in the upper right corner to close this window.
But now Logsync dissapears and is again on the windows status bar.
So every time I have to open it when I want to put my details in the variious tab screens.
Not a big problem.

Now I want to download LOTW QSL information.
I alter the date say 2017-04-13  and the request is going to LOTW. I see sending information request message.
But then after a few seconds I see on the top  LogSync is not responing and the window dissapears.
It is again on the windows taskbar.
But this time I cannot put it back on the screen.
When I put the mouse pointer on the icon I see the LofSync window
(small) and when I put the mouse over it Logger32 dissapears and Logsymc becomes visible.
But as soon as I move the mouse to the Logsync window Logsync dissapears (again to the windows taskbar) and Logger32 is back.
Now when I do a right click in the icon on the windows task bar and choose L32Logsync there becomes another L32LogSync icon more a less behind the first one.
When I then put my mouse on it I see 2 small Logsync windows. from which only the one displayed on the right can be opened.

Now I want to close logger32 so I click on the x in Logger32.(upper right corner)
Logger32 closes but the Logsync does not. It is still vbisible on the Windows taskbar. It can only be closed either by using the taskmannager or by rebooting the pc.

And finaly the auto update from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 did not work. I can't remember the messages that were displayed. So I did a manual update. But then there are 2 .exe filesin the installation folder. So I deleted the one which had a date in the past.

Maybe this information is of use for you.

Jan
PA4JJ

-- 

-- 

Jan

Hi Rick

There is now Logsync window behind Logger32. I can minimize Logger32 dragging with the mouse and A do not see the Logsync window. But I see now in the small window when I put the mouse pointer over it the message (very small letters, hard to read) The LOTW Download report has been downloaded to D:/LOTWreports etc. so it is working. But I cannot see this message on the screen for I cannot open LogSync. Opening  LOTWreports shows me the downloaded files so they are on the PC.
When I do a short search on LOTW (e.g. e few days) all goes well. But with a long search ( e.g. a year) the download report message does not show and Logsync goes to the taskbar

Attachments are error log and debug log

Op 13-4-2018 om 17:25 schreef Rick Ellison:
Hi Jan
I have not added any windows controls to the LogSync window yet so it doesn't try to stay on top or anything like that. But what I think is happening with it disappearing is you have the window open on top of Logger32 as soon as Logger32 becomes the active window again the LogSync window loses focus and it placed behind the Logger32 window. It sounds like your download is hanging up for some reason (right now I don't know why). This is causing the other issues you are seeing.. If you would send off the DebugLog and Errorlog.txt file if they are in the install directory. If they are not Turn Debug on and try doing another download so I can follow the path to where it is hanging..

73 Rick N2AMG

Hi Rick

I start my laptop running Windows 10 ver 1709 build 16299.371 I start Logger32 3.50.353 As I have L32LogSync in the Utilities checked LogSync starts by itself as it should do so.
So far so good.

Now I can only put LogSync on the screen by putting the mouse pointer on the icon in the windows taskbar and then  do a left click.
In the next screen I put my details and click on the x in the upper right corner to close this window.
So every time I have to open it when I want to put my details in the variious tab screens.
Not a big problem.

I alter the date say 2017-04-13  and the request is going to LOTW. I see sending information request message.
But then after a few seconds I see on the top  LogSync is not responing and the window dissapears.
(small) and when I put the mouse over it Logger32 dissapears and Logsymc becomes visible.
But as soon as I move the mouse to the Logsync window Logsync dissapears (again to the windows taskbar) and Logger32 is back.
Now when I do a right click in the icon on the windows task bar and choose L32Logsync there becomes another L32LogSync icon more a less behind the first one.
When I then put my mouse on it I see 2 small Logsync windows. from which only the one displayed on the right can be opened.

Now I want to close logger32 so I click on the x in Logger32.(upper right corner)
Logger32 closes but the Logsync does not. It is still vbisible on the Windows taskbar. It can only be closed either by using the taskmannager or by rebooting the pc.

And finaly the auto update from 2.0.0.2 to 2.0.0.3 did not work. I can't remember the messages that were displayed. So I did a manual update. But then there are 2 .exe filesin the installation folder. So I deleted the one which had a date in the past.

Jan
PA4JJ

-- 

Rick Ellison

Hi Jan

73 Rick N2AMG

Hi Rick

So far so good.

Now I can only put LogSync on the screen by putting the mouse pointer on the icon in the windows taskbar and then do a left click.
Not a big problem.

I alter the date say 2017-04-13 and the request is going to LOTW. I see sending information request message.
But then after a few seconds I see on the top LogSync is not responing and the window dissapears.

Jan
PA4JJ

Jan

Hi Rick

I start my laptop running Windows 10 ver 1709 build 16299.371
I start Logger32 3.50.353
As I have L32LogSync in the Utilities checked LogSync starts by itself as it should do so.
So far so good.

Now I can only put LogSync on the screen by putting the mouse pointer on the icon in the windows taskbar and then  do a left click.
Not a big problem.

I alter the date say 2017-04-13  and the request is going to LOTW. I see sending information request message.
But then after a few seconds I see on the top  LogSync is not responing and the window dissapears.
When I put the mouse pointer on the icon I see the LofSync window (small) and when I put the mouse over it Logger32 dissapears and Logsymc becomes visible.

Jan
PA4JJ

IZ5ILJ Lenio

Hi Rick, tnx so much, and strangely today it is no longer a virus for Windows Defender!!!

73's de Lenio - Iz5ILJ - #69.

Il 10/04/2018 21:13, Rick Ellison ha scritto:

Yes it is a false positive. Its finding the update downloader in there and saying it’s a virus.. the download has been scanned 2 times before it was uploaded..

73 Rick n2AMG

n5kd

I also had to copy the exe file.
Error message was the L32LogSynch directory was not found.
I was not using the default directory. I have it in a sub directory under Logger32.

Cheers.

73’ Pete, N5KD.

Sent from my mobile

On Apr 10, 2018, at 4:41 PM, Dave Colliau <n8dc-8@...> wrote:

Rick I didnt record the message and I dont remember what it said. My bad.

Dave N8DC

On April 10, 2018 at 5:20 PM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Dave was there an error message or what did it say??

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 4:35 PM

I ended up just copying and pasting the exe file to the directory . I couldnt get the update to work either. Even after AVG told me everything was good to go .

Dave N8DC

On April 10, 2018 at 3:13 PM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

Yes it is a false positive. Its finding the update downloader in there and saying it’s a virus.. the download has been scanned 2 times before it was uploaded..

73 Rick n2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of IZ5ILJ Lenio
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 11:32 AM

I use W10 64b and Windows Defender found on the last update of L32LogSync (v2.0.0.3) a Trojan like the image,

<image001.jpg>
Is a false positive and is this problem just mine?

73's Lenio - IZ5ILJ - #69.

Dave Colliau

Rick I didnt record the message and I dont remember what it said. My bad.

Dave N8DC

On April 10, 2018 at 5:20 PM Rick Ellison <rellison@...> wrote:

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Colliau

I ended up just copying and pasting the exe file to the directory . I couldnt get the update to work either. Even after AVG told me everything was good to go .

Dave N8DC

73 Rick n2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of IZ5ILJ Lenio

I use W10 64b and Windows Defender found on the last update of L32LogSync (v2.0.0.3) a Trojan like the image,

Rick Ellison

73 Rick N2AMG

Dave N8DC

73 Rick n2AMG

Dave Colliau

Dave N8DC

73 Rick n2AMG

Rick Ellison

73 Rick n2AMG

IZ5ILJ Lenio

Rick Ellison

Some of you have reported a crash when doing the update. There was a corrupted .zip file in the upload. You should be able to download and install it correctly now..

73 Rick N2AMG

Rick Ellison

Charlie..

Are you running Logger32 using the Run as Administrator setting?? If you are then Right click on L32LogSync.exe and choose Properties then the compatibility tab. There is a checkbox that says Run as Administrator. Place a check in that box and click Apply. Then try closing Logger32 and when it reopens see if the 2 programs will connect then.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of cpanek56@...
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 11:16 PM

Rick:
  Well v2.0.0.3 fixed the crash when I enable LOTW, but now I see a different problem.  When I try to "Create an LOTW export file in Logger32 and upload to LOTW", it complains that "Logger32 needs to be running for this function to work..."   I also get this if I try to do an eQSL upload. I did in fact launch the utility from Logger32 at startup, so yes, it's running.  L32LogSync is pointing to the Logger32 directory, and Logger32 is pointing at the L32LogSync in the Utilities setup, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

Charlie
KX7L

KX7L Charlie Panek

Rick:
  Well v2.0.0.3 fixed the crash when I enable LOTW, but now I see a different problem.  When I try to "Create an LOTW export file in Logger32 and upload to LOTW", it complains that "Logger32 needs to be running for this function to work..."   I also get this if I try to do an eQSL upload. I did in fact launch the utility from Logger32 at startup, so yes, it's running.  L32LogSync is pointing to the Logger32 directory, and Logger32 is pointing at the L32LogSync in the Utilities setup, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

Charlie
KX7L

ea1as

Hello Rick:

I use with eqsl and LOTW only and it is working fine, it read ok the path to TQSL, process the adi file and upload it without problems.

Thanks for this soft.

73 & DX de EA1AS, Felix

Rick Ellison

I have an update coming out tomorrow that will fix this. There is a routine that looks up the path to TQSL.exe when it does this on some OS’s the program crashes I do not knw the reason why and googling has found not found a reason to why it crashes either.. The next update removes this lookup for the tqsl path so users will need to browse for the path to TQSL manually..

73 Rick n2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of cpanek56@...
Sent: Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:11 PM

Still crashes as soon as I enable LOTW Utility.

Charlie
KX7L

KX7L Charlie Panek

Still crashes as soon as I enable LOTW Utility.

Charlie
KX7L

Rick Ellison

Hi Jim No it has not. This past week I have only small amounts of time to work on corrections and when playing with switching between different DPI setting and working on the program. I will get to this just not sure when.

73 Rick n2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Ciurczak
Sent: Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:47 AM

Rick any of the many bug fixes address the screen resolution issue?

Jim K2QB

Jim K2QB

Rick any of the many bug fixes address the screen resolution issue?

Jim K2QB

Rick Ellison

All depends on how you are uploading them. If you are uploading them in real-time you should not get any except if the file contains more than 1 qso in it then it will use the WebUpload routine where you will get an email from ClubLog. Turn on debug and the next time you upload to Clublog after doing so send the debug.txt file to me so I can look at how it is doing the upload..

73 Rick n2AMG

From: hamlogger@groups.io [mailto:hamlogger@groups.io] On Behalf Of Filipe Lopes
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 1:09 PM

Hi Rick

I keep getting emails from CLUBLOG for every single QSO that I made with this v2.0.2 version, is this normal?

73's Filipe Lopes 

CT1ILT - CR6K

F4VPX - TM3M 

2018-04-06 3:22 GMT+02:00 Rick Ellison <rellison@...>:

I have uploaded a new version to my website. This is an update only for the
.exe file. Open the zip after downloading it and unzip the file contents
into the install directory where you have installed L32LogSync.

http://www.n2amg.com/software/l32-logsync/

This version has fixes for a bunch of bugs including eQSL and ClubLog. Also
for the TQSL path error.

73 Rick N2AMG