wsjt-x QSO log import into L32

John Owens

My WSJT-X log contains 2 files that have my log information for contacts made on WSJT-X. One is a text file, and the other is an ADIF file. I want to transfer the QSO contact info to L32, and am not sure how to do this. If I try to import the log information, it wants to see a file with a .adi extension. How do I create this file for import to L32?? , or where do I find it??

John Owens - N7TK
Celebrating 60 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 DXCC Honor Roll

n5kd

Hi John,

Import the .adi file.

So, in Logger32 (at the top left corner) select File - Import Logs - ADI (adif) file.

Then select the only visible .adi file in your directory that will be in somewhere like

C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\WSJT-X      obviously your name here may be something other than John.

Ignore the text file for this import.

Hope that helps.

73' Pete, N5KD.

On 14/10/2017 20:02, jcowens1@... [hamlogger] wrote:

My WSJT-X log contains 2 files that have my log information for contacts made on WSJT-X. One is a text file, and the other is an ADIF file. I want to transfer the QSO contact info to L32, and am not sure how to do this. If I try to import the log information, it wants to see a file with a .adi extension. How do I create this file for import to L32?? , or where do I find it??

John Owens - N7TK
Celebrating 60 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 DXCC Honor Roll

Gary WB6BNE in Arizona

Hello John
I have been using this simple trick for a couple years now. Go to the file that has the ADIF File in the WSJT-X folder and create a shortcut to the desk top.
Use the shortcut when Logger32 ask for ADIF.Log file. The WSJT-X folder will open, then click on the Adif.
This also apply s to EQSL and LOTW. Takes less than 15 seconds to upload a the Adif log file.
Gary WB6BNE

On 10/14/2017 1:02 PM, jcowens1@... [hamlogger] wrote:

My WSJT-X log contains 2 files that have my log information for contacts made on WSJT-X. One is a text file, and the other is an ADIF file. I want to transfer the QSO contact info to L32, and am not sure how to do this. If I try to import the log information, it wants to see a file with a .adi extension. How do I create this file for import to L32?? , or where do I find it??

John Owens - N7TK
Celebrating 60 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 DXCC Honor Roll

John Munton <JOHNG7SSE@...>

John

My WSJT-X log is:

wsjtx_log.adi

This should import fine into L32.

Does your wsjtx log file actually have the extension .ADIF ?

If so, copy & paste it to your desktop then just change the file extension to .adi (right click - Rename)
Ignore any warning messages about changing file types.

L32 should then be able to import this file.

As always, make sure to backup your log in L32 before importing, just in case.

73
John
G7SSE